RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Sorry for taking so long to get this combat going.  I hope to get it set up soon.  I've just been busy with real life stuff. ]]
[[I know this was some time ago, but I need to know. Was that spider thing that nearly killed Ning/Nang a cwidencha like I thought?]]
(08-21-2021, 11:21 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I know this was some time ago, but I need to know.  Was that spider thing that nearly killed Ning/Nang a cwidencha like I thought?]]

[[I'm not sure which source you got the name from but my source calls it the Spiderleg Horror.  Normally, it's a creature created when a Drow fail one of Lolth's 9 tests.  This test is called, Chwidencha - The Test of Sacrifice.  Drow who worship Lolth do this test between 9th and 11th level.  So it sounds like you were kinda right.  The most infamous punishment is probably the Chwidridera: The test of the Drider. Where (obviously) you're turned into a Drider if you fail this test around 6th level.  This Spiderleg Horror had a few tweaks because of the radiation. ]]

[OoC: I'll be getting that map done tonight.]
[OoC1:  Sorry for taking so long.]

[OoC2:  what are your hit points?  Your Signature says you're currently damaged.  If you haven't been healed to full may I ask why you didn't ask for healing?

Edit: It appears you had 31 hit points last level then you gained 8 hit points when you gained a level of Ranger, giving you 39 hit points.  When you added the 8 to your signature you added it without removing the 31 hit points (Typed in Red) so it looked like you were damaged. (if that makes sense)]

[OoC3: Unfortunately you can't warn Kubo.  You could use your turn to aid another to try to give him a +2 AC. ]

[FYI: Creature fills whole square = Medium.  Less than 1 full square = Small.  Obviously if the creature takes up 4 squares it's large. ]

[OoC4: You're movement is reduced to half speed and you can't charge or run.  ]

Simon: Initiative: [1d20+5]=14+5=19
Tomeal: Initiative:  [1d20+2]=6+2=8

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.6Kubo------39/39FLAT FOOTED---
20.4Small Crab------??/??------
19.5Simon------49/49------
16.1Selina------58/58------
14.4Betimi------58/58------
14.4Ning/Nang------27/27------
11.4Medium Lice------??/??------
9.4 Large Swarm------??/??------
8.2Tomeal------66/66------
8.1Crozar------13/13------

Surprise Round: 

Kubo is Flat Footed so he must wait until next round.

The small crabs are sticking to the thick hairs with the long hooks at the end of their legs.  They don't move toward you at the moment.

Simon, Selina, Betimi, Ning/Nang can make either a move action or a standard action.  Not both!

[Image: Fpy67CF.png]
(08-22-2021, 04:31 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][[I'm not sure which source you got the name from but my source calls it the Spiderleg Horror.  Normally, it's a creature created when a Drow fail one of Lolth's 9 tests.  This test is called, Chwidencha - The Test of Sacrifice.  Drow who worship Lolth do this test between 9th and 11th level.  So it sounds like you were kinda right.  The most infamous punishment is probably the Chwidridera: The test of the Drider. Where (obviously) you're turned into a Drider if you fail this test around 6th level.  This Spiderleg Horror had a few tweaks because of the radiation. ]]

[[OoC1: Both the Friend Folio and Drow of the Underdark have statistics on a creature called Chwidencha that looks exactly like the one we fought. That’s why I was so concerned.  If it has the same vulnerability to Sonic damage…]]

[[OoC2: Now then…Bless or Mass Conviction?…]]
(08-22-2021, 07:34 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2021, 04:31 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][[I'm not sure which source you got the name from but my source calls it the Spiderleg Horror.  Normally, it's a creature created when a Drow fail one of Lolth's 9 tests.  This test is called, Chwidencha - The Test of Sacrifice.  Drow who worship Lolth do this test between 9th and 11th level.  So it sounds like you were kinda right.  The most infamous punishment is probably the Chwidridera: The test of the Drider. Where (obviously) you're turned into a Drider if you fail this test around 6th level.  This Spiderleg Horror had a few tweaks because of the radiation. ]]

[[OoC1: Both the Friend Folio and Drow of the Underdark have statistics on a creature called Chwidencha that looks exactly like the one we fought. That’s why I was so concerned.  If it has the same vulnerability to Sonic damage…]]

[[OoC2: Now then…Bless or Mass Conviction?…]]

[[This creature has no vulnerabilities.  It is from a 3.0 Dragon Magazine Article talking about all of Lolth's Tests, so it's possible it could have been updated to 3.5 or they are slightly different creatures.  I never understood why any Drow would want to worship Lolth when she's constantly testing them.  If they fail 4 out of 9 tests turn you into something horrible.]]
[[My understanding was that they weren’t given a choice. Peer pressure gets them some ways, because the ones who succeed (usually females, from what I understand) all but force the others to perform. That being said…]]

Selina peers at the oversized insects with disgust. Repulsive. Drawing her greatsword, she silently promises it considerably more combat this time as her left hand reaches for her symbol and she whispers a new set of mystic phrases granted to her by the herald she has been visited by at night. All around her feel their confidence growing and bolstering their defenses.

[[Selina draws her sword (free action) and casts Mass Conviction (standard action). All allies within 20’ radius (all of them, basically), gain +2 morale bonus to all saves. Spell lasts 50 minutes.]]
(08-22-2021, 10:44 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[My understanding was that they weren’t given a choice.  Peer pressure gets them some ways, because the ones who succeed (usually females, from what I understand) all but force the others to perform.  That being said…]]

Selina peers at the oversized insects with disgust. Repulsive.  Drawing her greatsword, she silently promises it considerably more combat this time as her left hand reaches for her symbol and she whispers a new set of mystic phrases granted to her by the herald she has been visited by at night.  All around her feel their confidence growing and bolstering their defenses.

[[Selina draws her sword (free action) and casts Mass Conviction (standard action).  All allies within 20’ radius (all of them, basically), gain +2 morale bonus to all saves.  Spell lasts 50 minutes.]]

[[But you don't have to worship Lolth.  From my understanding the other gods don't test you.  My source states, "The Drow word zwy'il (Pronounced zwy-ILL) means 'candidate', and is used to represent drow who are being tested by Lolth.  In a way, all drow who worship Lolth are considered zwy'il, for the Queen of Spiders is constantly reviewing and putting her children through series after series of tests of worthiness."]]

[OoC: Selina needs to make a caster level check for Torque.  And Selina is 6th level so I believe Mass Conviction gives everyone in 20' radius a +3 morale bonus to all saves. The wands effects have worn off and you're obviously no longer in the permanent circle of protection.  Do you still want to cast Mass Conviction?]
[[I thought it was based on caster level, which is 5 for her. What the modifier for torque checks now?]]