RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you all start to climb out of the tube, the strange insect's little wings unfold from it's back and it flutters away 20'.  Upon exiting, each of you witness the beautifully colors of plant life that exists within this enormous underground cave.  You suddenly realize you don't need your light source as the colorful plants and sparkling mineral deposits on the cave walls seem to brighten the underground landscape.  

There's a large pond to your right and beside it a 5' diameter, hollowed out, tree stump resting on its side.  On your left, laying on the ground is the 15' long tree that was used to scour the inside of the tube.   You all can't help but think that what you just witnessed is odd behavior coming from a lumbering treelike creature.

Tomeal will stay close to Selina, holding her hair back, like a dutiful boyfriend.
Betimi climbs out into the cavern, looking around at the brighgtly coloured environ.
Crozar will crawl out of the hole and join Betimi in looking around.  In particular it is trying to get an instinctual feel for how the blessing and light of Sunshad can be translated to these minerals in enough power to allow giant plant creatures even bigger than himself to grow down here.  It had no idea that the corruption of the Torque was so pervasive that it could even mutate the pure light of Sunshad to such ends.  "Simon," it calls back to him as he comes out of the hole, "I think we are in a massive Torque zone, even moreso than the earlier cave.  It has twisted the very power of Sunshad into this twisted yet effective mockery." It points up to the mineral lights to emphasize it's statement.
"I do think you are correct," Simon replies while stepping out of the tunnel.  "I believe we might be in some sort of Goldilocks zone between the two energies I've been detecting.  Obviously there are still Torque effects but they seem somehow more harmonious than in the past areas we've been in.  But I warn everyone to still be careful.  Just because this place seems ordered and beautiful, doesn't mean it's not dangerous."
Kubo will climb out the hole and ring out his beard, while looking around.
"Too bad the fur-bees have not found this cave, I'd think they would love it.""
“Anything to get out of there” says a water-logged Selina.  She is giving special thought to Dog because he seemed especially concerned that now, after everything they’d been through, she’d leave him behind.  Of course not!
Ningalu is going to fly straight up, about ' fora degree view around.
[OoC: Well, maybe not left behind.  More like, 'where are you going and why can't I go with you.' ]

Ning flies straight up.  The first thing he notices is the pond beside you is crystal clear and with the faintly glowing fish inside, he can see right to the bottom.  It's about 20' deep and it's fed by a small stream.  The pond must empty somewhere but you can't see where.  Looking out over the landscape, Ning can see all kinds of life.  None of the birds or mammals look like anything you've seen before.  About a half mile to the North-East, Ning spots a thin column of smoke.
[[Trying to remind myself about Selina's greatsword, you said it gives her a penalty of...-1 per miss?]]