RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eek just tries to stay unseen near the door. Not interested in acquiring more, heavy, weapons or armour. He unobtrusively sniffs with interest at the tall (compared to him) newcomer.

Looks like trouble to him, so he stays hidden.
When the others leave, Gilley steps back inside. Approaching Powwaw, he gives the kobold a nod. "Hey. I wanted to talk to you... about what you did yesterday. Turning into the little... dragon." He pantomimes a ball shape with his hands, then drops them again. "That was really something. Closest thing I ever saw to one, but I grew up reading about them... How... how do you do that?"
When Nacesh mentions (and Betimi translates) a Totem Spear the smithy replies, "I don't believe I've heard of Totem Spears.  If you have the specs for the weapon I may be able to create it for you."

[OoC: If it's the Totem Spear from Pathfinder then likely only a Smithy with some ranks in craft musical instrument could create one.]

As Kee enters the Shop, the cactus man looks over the heads of the party to see who's entering his Smithy.  Seeing the small man in worn out full plate he says, "Wha Kin I do ya fer?"  The smith seems to take special notice of the greetings shared between Kee and Selina.  He raises what could have been a prickly eyebrow (if he had eyebrows) and states, "What kind of gods are they?  Never heard of 'em an my grower was a holy Cactacae. To pass the time he would tell stories about the gods since practically the moment I sprouted from my bulb into a pup.  Where are yous from?  There be a different look about yas."

[Back at the Lab (which I now have pics of... (Will post tomorrow.)]

Piper will be taken a little off guard when Gilley approaches and speaks with him.  He stares at the ranger carefully and when he believes that Gilley's motives for asking to him what amounted to a personal question, he relaxes slightly and replies, "It was a spell called, Alter Self.  But normal Kobolds would not have the ability to use the spell to alter themselves into dragon form.  When we first met I told your group how I was not particularly liked by my kind.  But it is not because of anything I did or could control.  It's because I'm different.  When you're different some people either fear you or are jealous of you.  I was born a Dragonwought.  It's perhaps the reason why I'm what some people might think is a little more thoughtful and open minded than the average Kobold.  So when I cast Alter self I turn into Dragon shapes rather than humanoid shapes like normal Kobolds."
Gilley's shoulders sink a little. "Oh... So, birthright and magic." Of which, he has neither. "That makes sense... It just struck me as really... something special." He scratches his head, feeling awkward.  "Thanks for answering my question. Guess I should go check my arrow supply."
(08-30-2017, 06:14 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]Gilley's shoulders sink a little. "Oh... So, birthright and magic." Of which, he has neither. "That makes sense... It just struck me as really... something special." He scratches his head, feeling awkward.  "Thanks for answering my question. Guess I should go check my arrow supply."

Piper notes Gilley's reaction and asks, "May I ask why you were curious?"
(08-30-2017, 02:43 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]As Kee enters the Shop, the cactus man looks over the heads of the party to see who's entering his Smithy.  Seeing the small man in worn out full plate he says, "Wha Kin I do ya fer?"  The smith seems to take special notice of the greetings shared between Kee and Selina.  He raises what could have been a prickly eyebrow (if he had eyebrows) and states, "What kind of gods are they?  Never heard of 'em an my grower was a holy Cactacae. To pass the time he would tell stories about the gods since practically the moment I sprouted from my bulb into a pup.  Where are yous from?  There be a different look about yas."

- I want to repair my armor and just need some place and equipment, I could pay for it with my work cuz I'm a junior armorsmith.

[[OOC - None of us said out our God's names, but if he asked it then Kee answers]]

- My lord is Heironeous, the Valorous Knight and a side effect of a very powerful magic dropped me here. So this is the reason that you didn't hear his name yet.
[OoC: I assumed as priests you both would have your holy symbol's displayed as that's how you identified each other and also at the moment there would be no reason to hide them.  Gods don't look kindly upon priests who hide their symbols unless they have good reason to.  Not only that but your god would want you to spread your faith to this new world.  More worshipers means more power. ]

He listens to what services Kee is looking for and he replies, "It's already taken care of as a thank you for the fortunate results of your sudden arrival."

Changing the subject back to faith, the cactus-man does ask the name of your deities.  To Kee he replies, "I've never heard of your Heironeous, the Valorous Knight.  I'm no scholar but he does sound a lot like Solenton.  He promotes prosperity through strength of arms and will gleefully charge into glorious battle with his Sword of Righteousness."

If Selena mentions the name of her goddess, the cactus-man shakes his prickly head and replies, "I do not know of anyone who directly worship the moon or her sisters.  If I recall correctly, Luurn would be the closest I know of to a moon goddess.  She holds dominion over the night but neither good nor evil."

Anyone who continues to look at the weapons and armor find everything you would expect from a well equipped Armor and Weapons shop.  But there are a few curiosities...  
  • There is a two-handed slashing weapon (with a 10' reach) called a Greatcleaver.  
    [Greatcleaver: 40gp; Medium DMG: 2d8; x3 crit; Weight 15#; Slashing; Two-handed weapon]
  • Disk-like throwing weapon (that looks like a buzz saw blade) that the smith calls a Chakri.  [Chakri:  10gp; Medium DMG:1d6; x2 crit; Range 20'; Weight 1#; Slashing]
  • A large crossbow type weapon called a Rivebow that a Chakri can be loaded into and fired!  [Rivebow: 200gp; Medium DMG: 2d6; 19-20/x3 crit; Range 40'; Weight 14#; Slashing; Two-handed weapon] [See attached picture]
  • There is also a strange contraption called a Stingbox that looks like a squared off box with a handle at one end and two whip-like flails at the other; the flails have a reach of 20'.  These flails are extendable and are whipped out to catch the enemy, then a powerful electrical charge is sent through the line.  While the base damage is minimal, each strike also inflicts electrical damage.  Creatures struck must immediately make a DC13 Fort save or be stunned for 1d3 rounds.  Any untrained user of a Stingbox who rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll shocks himself and must save or be stunned.  It holds 12 charges before needing to be recharged.  [Stingbox: 300gp; Medium DMG: 1d3+1d8 shock; x2 crit; 4#; Slashing] [See attached picture]
  • The last strange weapon is called a Gnoscourge.  It functions much like a standard whip except it always inflicts lethal damage and armor offers no additional protection.  Due to its inherent thaumaturgical nature it can always be enhanced, enchanted and bespelled for half the normal cost.  It can only be effectively used by someone who has had extensive Elementarii (prestige class) training.  [Gnoscourge: 400gp; Medium DMG: 1d6; x2 crit; 3#; slashing]
"Those are some fine looking weapons, too bad I have not the training in any of them."
(08-30-2017, 10:47 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"Those are some fine looking weapons, too bad I have not the training in any of them."

"These weapons do require some special training.  I can instruct people in the use of the Greatcleaver, Chakri and Rivebow as they are all Cactacae weapons.  Unfortunately I don't know much about the Stingbox.  It's a Khepri weapon that I display for a merchant friend of mine.  To even recharge the Stingbox you would need to find her and she will only do so for people she trusts."

To Betimi:
[OoC: Betimi knows due to her Knowledge: New Crobuzon that a Khepri are a race of red skinned women with 2-foot-long headscarabs that resemble enormous beetles complete with tiny mandibles, antennae, westigial wings beneath powerful casings, and compound eyes.  Oddly, the males are small insectile animals, essentially mindless 2-foot-long scuttling things unable to do much more than feed and reproduce.  They cannot communicate in common or an other tongue, although they communicate among themselves by scent and chemical gusts that form a powerful silent language that other races can smell and taste but cannot understand.  Khepri speak to other races using sign language or written notes.

They are also capable of generating a stickly mucus that hardens quickly.  They use this to build and reinforce their housing.  Some will shape this mucus into colorful sculptures.

Khepri Female:
[Image: lin__the_khepri_by_justinoaksford-d4eecj2.jpg]

Mucus Art Created by many Female Khepri:
[Image: thomas-chamberlain-keen-plaza-of-statues.jpg?1476710359]

]
[OoC spendingb feats on exotic weapons.. Not in the cards for this character lol]