RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina follows some ways behind. She's very metal right now, so she makes a lot of noise.

[[OoC: Marvel, did you get my last PM?]]
(09-17-2020, 06:10 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Kubo tries to quietly wave the furbee away, and then will try once again to peer into the clearing to see what is there.]

[OoC: You need to make another spot check.]

While Kubo waves the Fur-bee away, the little critter's pupils widen and its tail swishes back and forth.  Suddenly it pounces onto his hand and begins to playfully nip at the dwarf's finger tips.

[ : yes I did.  But I haven't had much time to take a look at it. But I will.  Soon even.   Tongue ]
Spot Check = [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9
[OoC: Kubo tries to shake the fur-bb off his hand]
Selina grins as the Furbee introduces itself to their new arrival. She had a different feeling about them. They were certainly different, but somehow, they put her at ease. She could not really explain why, but the little creatures were like soft toys stuffed with cotton...except they were living creatures and had to be treated as such. But at least they hadn't acted dangerously...yet.

[[OoC: Okay, thanks. I know I made a bunch of mistakes and typos, but it's a draft anyway.]]
Ningalu just shakes his head at the dwarf and drifts about 10 feet further ahead of the dwarf silently to scout.

Hide [1d20+18] = 13+18 = 31; Spot [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16
Betim moves up beside Tomreal, crossbow, and more importantly lightning ability at the ready. As a Standard action she suppresses the aura of sadness so as not to hinder her allies.
[OoC: Sorry for taking so long to reply.  This was the weekend from hell, at work. ]

Both Kubo and Ning look out into the area where the foliage is less dense.  Kubo can see there's a few medium sized creatures moving around but not much more.  But from his vantage point, Ning can see much more clearly, four strange looking, 6' long, pale yellow creatures.  They look like salamanders with a finned tail and and four long, spindly legs ending in webbed feet.  The head is dominated by a many-toothed vertical mouth.  The tail occasionally splits into four powerful flukes, each of which ends in a nest of razor-sharp claws, before seamlessly reforming into a single tail.  The creature's body glows from within with a dull red pulse that seems to match its heartbeat.  The creatures are either playing with each other or fighting.  Either way the scuffle looks vicious.   Both Kubo and Ning see that they all suddenly stop.  They sniff the air then they all turn their head in your direction.

[Image: wmc6XvBm.png]

[OoC:  Kubo and Ning should both roll initiative.]
Kubo notes the creatures suddenly turn towards him and Nang and quietly whispers to the group, "Woops! Dang it! Now we gone and poked the preverbial bear!".
Initiative = [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19
Init [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23 Well that's a whole lotta NOPE
[[Urge to kill...risiiiiing...]]