RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as far as we know, we really know nothing. If we use any portal while in the Stain, it could spread to that location, it does not matter which location or which plane we choose, except perhaps Sigil. If we do choose Sigil, the Lady of Pain is likely to destroy us as the cause of the problem when she corrects it. So if we find a power source capable of transporting us , w e need to not use it while we remain in the Stain.The risk is too high.

Betimi shares this thought process wirth the party.
[[You need more facts.  Maybe the Ziggurat will hold some answers.]]
(03-20-2021, 07:27 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]So as far as we know, we really know nothing.  If we use any portal while in the Stain, it could spread to that location, it does not matter which location or which plane we choose, except perhaps Sigil. If we do choose Sigil, the Lady of Pain is likely to destroy us as the cause of the problem when she corrects it.  So if we find a power source capable of transporting us , w e need to not use it while we remain in the Stain.The risk is too high.

Betimi shares this thought process wirth the party.

[[What we know is that we're utterly terrified of the Torque and the Stain and dreading the possibility that we may lead either or both wherever we escape this plane to.]]
[OoC: Yeah, you are jumping to the worst case scenario when you don't even know if what you've conjured up is even what's going on. ]

The old woman turns to face the direction the Wooden Giant, who's now sitting by the edge of the stream a couple hundred feet away, watching what your group is doing.  She raise her hand in the air and waves at him and shouts, "I'm going to try to leave with them.  If I don't make it back because I've died or escaped, I hope you'll be well, my friend!"

The giant doesn't move.  Just continues to watch.

"No, please... don't stumble over yourself getting emotional," she says in jest.  With a sigh she turns to the group and says, "He really does wear his heart on his sleeve..."
[[I'm just putting it out there, that's how Selina is feeling right now.  She's utterly terrified of that mist (which Simon identified as the Torque), mortified by even the remote possibility that her returning home would bring it along with her, and reacting in such a way.  In a player's mind, especially since I'm also a DM, I know it may not be such a big deal, but she doesn't and metagaming = bad.]]

Selina turns to the old woman.  "So...please don't think me rude, but do you have any connection to the divine?"
(03-21-2021, 05:21 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I'm just putting it out there, that's how Selina is feeling right now.  She's utterly terrified of that mist (which Simon identified as the Torque), mortified by even the remote possibility that her returning home would bring it along with her, and reacting in such a way.  In a player's mind, especially since I'm also a DM, I know it may not be such a big deal, but she doesn't and metagaming = bad.]]

Selina turns to the old woman.  "So...please don't think me rude, but do you have any connection to the divine?"

[OoC: I understand.  My previous post was more of a reply to Betimi's depiction that the sky was falling.  The Torque is suppose to be scary and as a DM I'm happy I've impressed upon (at least) Selina how horrifying the Torque can be.  Everyone should want to get out of here.  And the time is coming quickly for me to make another check for each of you to see if the Torque has finally started to mutate each of your DNA's.  ]

"Not really, my dear, why do you ask?"
Selina shrugs "Idle curiosity, mostly.  I have met quite a few different people in my travels.  Some of whom have stayed, some who have left us in some manner or other.  But I've yet to meet another who has always been as deeply religious as I for all of their life.  I'm curious if they even exist at this point."
Crozar looks mildly offended.  "Selina, I know you meant no disrespect and perhaps it is not as obvious as I had thought, but I am directly blessed of Sunshad, touched by the brightest god in all of Bas-Lag from my birth.  It is through my faith and that blessing that I am able to call forth the Sunspots of Sunshad."  He smiles and says, "Should you wish to discuss religion and faith, I am always happy to do so."  The plant-man turns to the old lady and continues, "I too thought that you might be a druid or some kind of thaumaturge.  Are you?"
Selina smiles up to Crozar and bows her head.  "That was indeed quite rude of me.  I apologize to you directly for that, Crozar.  It is difficult to not feel jaded, especially after so many stressful events.  As a Priestess of the Moon, I would be happy to discuss faith with you."
OOC you are forgetting that Betimi is under the influence of Focolar. So to her EVERYTHING is doom and gloom]