RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You all have a fairly uneventful sleep with only the strange distant roar of the Kelltree train passing by every hour or so.  You eventually get use enough to the sudden toots from the iron beast to get a relitively restful night.   [Feel free to set up watches if you want but nothing happens tonight...]

The next morning you all are woken up by noise from the walkway where Simon lives and works looming overhead.  Eventually making your way upstairs you find Simon busily working in his lab readying many different glass and clay vials of strange liquids.  Suddenly aware of your arrival he smiles and says, "Good morn.  I hope you slept well.  I am just setting up my equipment for the experiment we are undertaking.  This will take approximately two days to complete for Betimi so while she is waiting for the results do you have any plans for today?"
Before going upstairs Betimi visits the garderobe and events unfold as in http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid25137 

The gruff , growling voice of the bearded carpenter replies to Simon. 

"Selina wished to go into town to find a weapon and armour smithy, I would accompany her if  you have what you need from me."

Seeing his expression she allows the  illusion to fade.. appearing again as herself.

"I thought perhaps a more human appearance might benefit me." Even with the illusion dropped her voice remains the same.
"Come with you?" Eek manages to squeak out in his poor, almost unintelligible pidgin Common.
(08-02-2017, 03:55 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Before going upstairs Betimi visits the garderobe and events unfold as in http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid25137 

The gruff , growling voice of the bearded carpenter replies to Simon. 

"Selina wished to go into town to find a weapon and armour smithy, I would accompany her if  you have what you need from me."

Simon stares at the stranger and then looks back and forth at the rest of the group.  "You didn't tell me there was more of you.  I don't mind, of course, but it's only polite to inform your host that another will be joining you."

Quote:Seeing his expression she allows the  illusion to fade.. appearing again as herself.

"I thought perhaps a more human appearance might benefit me." Even with the illusion dropped her voice remains the same.

Simon chuckles a little bit, adding, "Clever disguise.  I'm sure no one will suspect you're actually a young woman."

"Since you plan to go do a little shopping, I offer to you some advise.  Please remain in Brock Marsh which is also known as the Scientific Quarter.  I'm sure you've seen the small hordes of Badgers that scamper through the streets.  They are familiars by tradition to the learned, Thaumaturges (various magic users), Alchemists and Artificers.  It is a creature believed to have some immunity to the dangerous harmonics of hidden sciences.  They carry messages and lists the shops catering to their masters and are treated as respected servants. [Badgers cost the usual sums, have the standard hp and abilities, and grant their masters a +3 bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks.]  The more badgers you spot, the greater likelihood you will find the magic item creators you seek."
Betimi just smiles, and again resumes her illusionary disguise.

"It does not last long, only a few minutes, but since I can renew or change it every half a minute or so, it will remain constant unless I lose consciousness."

"Shall we go explore the city, I am able to recall some of the details that we passed on the way in, at least enought to guide us."

[OoC currently able to use knowledge local untrained.. meaning I can simply Take 10 and should be able to make DC 10 knowledge checks regarding the city.. Naberius is helping her recall every detail she saw or overheard on the walk through, even snippets of conversations she merely overheard]
"Me ready.. Will come.. look human warren."
Gilley looks tempted to go with, but he ultimately declines. He had been looking for a chance to speak with Piper alone, and this may be the only one he gets. He can look for new armor later.
Nacesh looks back and forth between Betimi and Gilley, both accompanied by dragonkin. Tough choice. Then remembers that there were others in the company.
"Tomeal? Forge?"

OOC - assuming they are present the question means: "Your plans for the day?" If they are not present the question means: "anyone heard about them?"

Apparently noticing Gilley's business with Piper the spearman joins Betimi and Ningalu,
"We may have some sightseeing together if you don't mind"
Betimi looks to Selina. 

"It appears you have an entourage. We are ready when you are."
[OoC1:   sent you a couple of PM's to clear up some information about your Vestige. ]

Betimi, Ningalu and Selina have decided to go exploring.  When Nacesh asks Forge and Tomeal what they plan to do for the day, Simon states, "Actually Forge asked me for some help with restoring his joints and other non-working parts.  So one of my friends will be assisting him with that while I work on Betimi's request.  Which I will need a few minutes with Betimi before she leaves to retrieve a rather sizable biological sampling of tissue and blood."

Tomeal replies, "I wasn't really sure.  I thought I would wait to see what the group chose to do and then travel with whomever would most require a guard.  At the moment it seems the shopping group may need some help.  If not for protection I can at least carry their bags for them."  He playfully smirks at his last comment.

Piper will say, "Have a safe day, especially you Ningalu.  You're young, so look to those who have more worldly experience."