RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-06-2017, 09:11 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"My limited knowledge of the city does not improve my hearing or ability to understand their dialect."

OOC - Betimi is our translator, as I got it from previous posts where she translated the smith's ramblings, so understanding their dialect should actually be "her" thing, mostly.

Nacesh keeps watching the door in the case either Selina or someone from outside opens it (or worse, tears it up) and just casually asks the smith,

"What's this dream shit you mentioned? Some kind of street drug?"
(09-11-2017, 12:31 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 09:11 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"My limited knowledge of the city does not improve my hearing or ability to understand their dialect."

OOC - Betimi is our translator, as I got it from previous posts where she translated the smith's ramblings, so understanding their dialect should actually be "her" thing, mostly.

[OoC I think that was a GM oversight, because Betimi has no more skill with the language than you, having put no ranks to it.. all she has isthe ability to use knowledge (local: New Corubzon)]
(09-05-2017, 04:19 PM)Kee Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 08:21 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Then at Kee.
"You did not run afoul of any of the locals did you sir?"

- Nope. I arrived today ...   - Kee starts fast to go outside to checks his mount - Oh Christmas, I hope everything is well with you. - he shouts backwards - Chris is my cheetah mount.

OOC - Kee is already in outside. So I waiting for the DM to tell me what he sees and hears.
(09-11-2017, 01:32 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC I think that was a GM oversight, because Betimi has no more skill with the language than you, having put no ranks to it.. all she has isthe ability to use knowledge (local: New Corubzon)]

[OoC:  Yes it was my oversight.  Something Betimi had posted had for some reason made me think she was speaking Ragamoll which I should have questioned but I didn't because I assumed she was using her Vestige (Naberius) ability to pick a skill that can't be used untrained to be able to speak Ragamoll. (She actually picked Know:Local and Carpentry) But she had said she was speaking PIDGIN Ragamoll not Ragmoll so it was I that was confused.  But after rereading Naberius, it only helps with skill checks and Languages don't require skill checks so I don't think it would work anyways. ]

[FYI: Most people can get a basic understanding of a Pidgin language as long as they have knowledge of the root language.  In this case, anyone with Common (Cantus) can get the basic idea of what someone is saying in Ragamoll and vise-versa but it's very rough.  Kind of like, "I Tarzan, you Jane."  Unfortunately not being able to properly express yourself will cause problems with Diplomacy, Intimidation, negotiation and Sense Motive.  ]

Kee steps outside and looks to where he had tied up his kitty.  He is relieved to see that his mount is sleeping on the covered metal porch to the right of the the door.  The street is eerily empty.

Inside the shop, as Selena takes on a more protective stance and the Kobold crouches down beside a barrel of spears, the smith says, "Yea.  Dream shit is a fairly popular drug.  I've heard it's harvested from bug shit and it causes hallucinations.  But I don't deal in that sort of crap!"
"A dealer around may be the cause of a commotion in many ways," is all Nacesh has to say before turning to Selena.
"So are we going to let that valorous knight look for trouble himself, or do we have itchy fingers ourselves as well?"
Selina looks at the smith, then at Nacesh, and simply says "I just want to go home.  Whomever it is out there can enjoy themselves and the gods be with them.  I am not looking for trouble, but any who approach me or those I protect will surely be on the receiving end of it, should their intention be anything other than friendly."  It was a stark message from one who was usually so diplomatic, but she had never felt so out-of-place and out-of-sync as she had here.
The Betimi-frog creature nods her agreement, the large flaps of skin around her chin flapping as she does.

"We should stay inside, this may not involve us at all. I would not get between the lawful authorities and their quarry."
Kee unties Chris's rope and bait him back to the smithy.

He steps inside and asks Cactus:
- Could I bring inside my pet?
(09-15-2017, 01:03 AM)Kee Wrote: [ -> ]Kee unties Chris's rope and bait him back to the smithy.

"Pet," the Smith repeats suspiciously.  "As long as this pet doesn't have a taste for cactus and isn't much larger than their dog, then I have no problem."

The dog, a wolfhound, has been quietly shadowing its masters around the city, notices the Cactus man nod toward him.  In response it perks its ears up and tilts his head with a tiny whimper.
(09-15-2017, 07:40 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2017, 01:03 AM)Kee Wrote: [ -> ]Kee unties Chris's rope and bait him back to the smithy.

"Pet," the Smith repeats suspiciously.  "As long as this pet doesn't have a taste for cactus and isn't much larger than their dog, then I have no problem."

The dog, a wolfhound, has been quietly shadowing its masters around the city, notices the Cactus man nod toward him.  In response it perks its ears up and tilts his head with a tiny whimper.

- Thanks. Both answer is no. Chistmas is well-educated cheetah and doesn't like your kind. - says Kee meanwhile he leads Chris in.