RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-30-2017, 11:16 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Piper notes Gilley's reaction and asks, "May I ask why you were curious?"

Gilley glances back at Piper, thinking for a moment, then shrugging. "I don't know, really. I've just always been interested. I mean, I know they can be dangerous and all, but..." He chuckles. "They're the best predators out there, and I have to respect that. And I heard stories about some of them being smarter than people..."
(08-29-2017, 01:12 PM)Kee Wrote: [ -> ]He nods friendly and response: Honor unto you, servant of Moon. I'm Kee, my Lady. - he takes a small break and continues - You wandered so far from your roots.

Selina's smile remains.  Well, perhaps she could find some semblance of normalcy in this chaotic world.  "Greetings to you, Master Kee.  I am called Selina, Priestess of Selune.  My companions and I are here by sheer happenstance and not voluntarily.  With me are Betimi, masters Tomeal and Nacesh, and..."  She had been lifting a hand to indicate each person, but now seems to be searching for someone.

((If I forget anyone, it's not intentional!!))

(08-29-2017, 03:47 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Eek just tries to stay unseen near the door. Not interested in acquiring more, heavy, weapons or armour. He unobtrusively sniffs with interest at the tall (compared to him) newcomer.

Looks like trouble to him, so he stays hidden.

Selina's smile turns to the poor, frightened kobold.  "Tis alright, Master Ningalu.  We are safe.  This man is a cleric of a righteous god of our world."

(08-30-2017, 02:43 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]When Nacesh mentions (and Betimi translates) a Totem Spear the smithy replies, "I don't believe I've heard of Totem Spears.  If you have the specs for the weapon I may be able to create it for you."

[OoC: If it's the Totem Spear from Pathfinder then likely only a Smithy with some ranks in craft musical instrument could create one.]

As Kee enters the Shop, the cactus man looks over the heads of the party to see who's entering his Smithy.  Seeing the small man in worn out full plate he says, "Wha Kin I do ya fer?"  The smith seems to take special notice of the greetings shared between Kee and Selina.  He raises what could have been a prickly eyebrow (if he had eyebrows) and states, "What kind of gods are they?  Never heard of 'em an my grower was a holy Cactacae. To pass the time he would tell stories about the gods since practically the moment I sprouted from my bulb into a pup.  Where are yous from?  There be a different look about yas."

Selina sighs and shrugs.  "Selune and Heironeus are both gods of our realm.  We are not from these parts."

(08-30-2017, 03:57 PM)Kee Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2017, 02:43 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]As Kee enters the Shop, the cactus man looks over the heads of the party to see who's entering his Smithy.  Seeing the small man in worn out full plate he says, "Wha Kin I do ya fer?"  The smith seems to take special notice of the greetings shared between Kee and Selina.  He raises what could have been a prickly eyebrow (if he had eyebrows) and states, "What kind of gods are they?  Never heard of 'em an my grower was a holy Cactacae. To pass the time he would tell stories about the gods since practically the moment I sprouted from my bulb into a pup.  Where are yous from?  There be a different look about yas."

- I want to repair my armor and just need some place and equipment, I could pay for it with my work cuz I'm a junior armorsmith.

[[OOC - None of us said out our God's names, but if he asked it then Kee answers]]

- My lord is Heironeous, the Valorous Knight and a side effect of a very powerful magic dropped me here. So this is the reason that you didn't hear his name yet.

Selina nods in agreement.  "I am need of a new set of armor and a new weapon, myself.  I believe I was looking for a greatsword and a set of Full Plate.  May I see what you have of those?"

She then turns to Kee and responds. "We were taken here by a one-way portal in the the depths of a cavern that had, until recently, been co-opted as the lair of a revolting monstrosity called Unreth. I say 'Until recently' because, with the help of these fine folk, it was dispatched." She seems to blossom with pride as she says this in regard to her companions, as if she expected them to succeed against Unreth, but in doing so they proved themselves to be great individuals of valour. Besides, Heironeus was all about that sort of stuff anyway.

((Although the Greatcleaver and Rivebow both look pretty awesome...Selina probably has as little room for feating up exotic weapons as Betimi...maybe even less.))
(08-31-2017, 01:41 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2017, 03:47 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Eek just tries to stay unseen near the door. Not interested in acquiring more, heavy, weapons or armour. He unobtrusively sniffs with interest at the tall (compared to him) newcomer.

Looks like trouble to him, so he stays hidden.

Selina's smile turns to the poor, frightened kobold.  "Tis alright, Master Ningalu.  We are safe.  This man is a cleric of a righteous god of our world."

"We kobolds.. heard Heironeous. His.." He waves a claw to indicate a word he does not know in common yet. "They kill kobold warrens. We from same.. place as you.."

"Me not say wrong kill kobolds, not always right. Safer stay out way."
The Smith nods at Selina's request and begins showing her the full plate and great swords he has on display.  There are the usual masterwork and regular types of equipment.  He also has some magical options as well.  All the standard materials are available as well as a few non-standard...

Quote:Skymetal Alloys

Both ancient and modern metallurgists have devised numerous alloys that mix skymetals with other materials. Many of these are highly specialized, but one deserves special mention: glaucite. This dull gray metal is an alloy of adamantine and iron. Though it has hardness 15 and 30 hit points per inch of thickness, glaucite is half again as heavy as iron and difficult to work with. The material of choice for ship hulls and robot frames, but is generally sought after only by collectors and eccentrics as a material for new items or other projects.

Quote:Stainless Steel

Stainless steel is both rust resistant and splendidly shiny. Steel objects electroplated with chromium are immune to rusting effects, such as the rusting grasp spell or from a rust monster’s touch. To determine the price of a stainless steel item, use the original weight but add 20gp per pound to the price of that item. Stainless steel has the same statistics as normal steel.

Quote:Asbestos Cloth

Asbestos cloth will not catch on fire and armor constructed from asbestos cloth provides resistance to fire and heat. Asbestos clothing and cloth armor composed primarily of asbestos is immune to fire damage and is never at risk of catching on fire. However, this property only imparts fire resistance 5 to the wearer.

Objects constructed from asbestos cloth cost twice as much as their normal counterparts, but they take no longer to make than ordinary objects of that type (double all successful Craft results). Asbestos cloth has the same statistics as normal cloth.
Havimngh said his piece Ningalu again tries to fade into the background, not at all appreciative of Selina drawing the attention of this newcomer to him for no good, as far as he could tell, reason.

Why must these big folk be so trusting. He wondered at Selina calling Betimi by name despite Betimi obviously being in disguise as well. One to beware of this Selina was.. she was overly trusting, and it could cause trouble. He preferred Nacesh, and Betimi.. they did not trust anyone. He'd have to ask Powaw what he thought. Maybe ths Gilley was secret enough to keep them safe. Come to think of it he knew less about gilley than any of these big folk. Yes, he would trust Gilley to keep them hidden and safe.
(08-31-2017, 01:01 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2017, 11:16 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Piper notes Gilley's reaction and asks, "May I ask why you were curious?"

Gilley glances back at Piper, thinking for a moment, then shrugging. "I don't know, really. I've just always been interested. I mean, I know they can be dangerous and all, but..." He chuckles. "They're the best predators out there, and I have to respect that. And I heard stories about some of them being smarter than people..."

Piper nods.  "Most are.  Some... not so much.  Most of my kind hold all dragons with high reverence.  With my enrollment in Bard College I'm a little more well educated than the majority of my kind.  My twin companions have also well educated themselves too." When Piper refers to himself as 'educated' he does so in a jokingly snooty tone. He not a kobold who thinks of himself as above others of kind.

"Was there anything I could help you with?  You seem... lost or disappointed."

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
(08-30-2017, 08:53 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I assumed as priests you both would have your holy symbol's displayed as that's how you identified each other and also at the moment there would be no reason to hide them.  Gods don't look kindly upon priests who hide their symbols unless they have good reason to.  Not only that but your god would want you to spread your faith to this new world.  More worshipers means more power. ]

He listens to what services Kee is looking for and he replies, "It's already taken care of as a thank you for the fortunate results of your sudden arrival."

Changing the subject back to faith, the cactus-man does ask the name of your deities.  To Kee he replies, "I've never heard of your Heironeous, the Valorous Knight.  I'm no scholar but he does sound a lot like Solenton.  He promotes prosperity through strength of arms and will gleefully charge into glorious battle with his Sword of Righteousness."
[OoC: Yes of course he wears his symbol in a noticeable way. I thought that you use the hear verb's first meaning "to perceive or become aware of by the ear". ]
- Yes similiar but he is much more than a yet another God of War. His most important teaching are chivalry, justice and valor.

[OoC - I will reply later to the other posts. ]
(08-31-2017, 01:41 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina's smile remains.  Well, perhaps she could find some semblance of normalcy in this chaotic world.  "Greetings to you, Master Kee.  I am called Selina, Priestess of Selune.  My companions and I are here by sheer happenstance and not voluntarily.  With me are Betimi, masters Tomeal and Nacesh, and..."  She had been lifting a hand to indicate each person, but now seems to be searching for someone.

She then turns to Kee and responds.  "We were taken here by a one-way portal in the the depths of a cavern that had, until recently, been co-opted as the lair of a revolting monstrosity called Unreth.  I say 'Until recently' because, with the help of these fine folk, it was dispatched."  She seems to blossom with pride as she says this in regard to her companions, as if she expected them to succeed against Unreth, but in doing so they proved themselves to be great individuals of valour.  Besides, Heironeus was all about that sort of stuff anyway.

((Although the Greatcleaver and Rivebow both look pretty awesome...Selina probably has as little room for feating up exotic weapons as Betimi...maybe even less.))
[[ooc - Kee doesn't have money for these weapons and wants to select other feats. ]]

Kee nods to all of them one by one:
- Pleased to meet you too. My story is almost the same as yours, our group wanted to banish Kosbohr but something went wrong and I found myself in this plane.

(08-31-2017, 02:39 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]"We kobolds.. heard Heironeous. His.." He waves a claw to indicate a word he does not know in common yet. "They kill kobold warrens. We from same.. place as you.."

"Me not say wrong kill kobolds, not always right. Safer stay out way."

Kee smiles to Ningalu and answers in a slow soothing voice:
- Yes. This is truth but Heironeous' paladins also killed a lot of humans too because they were vile wicked. If you heart is pure then you shouldn't afraid from Heironeous' wrath. I'm trusting in you cos you are with Selina and she is also trusting in you.
"Most pal.. pal?din? not wait, many just kill."

[OoC it probably occurs to someone with Kee's wisdom that Nin probably has no way to tell a paladin from a regular warrior on crusade]
While you all talk among yourselves, those of you still looking at weapons will also notice a few firearms mounted on the wall.

The Smith ask Kee to remove the armor and equipment which needs repairing and he will start on the repairs.  None of the damage is excessive so he should be able to replace some of the padding,  bang the dents out of the plating and reshape the helm.  All of which takes about 30 minutes.  In the meantime anyone else needing help will be assisted by the Smith's son.  He's a strong looking lad (cactus) who like his parent has thick fibrous skin and cords of wood-like muscles.  His name is Spikes-Growing and he stands about 6' tall.  Unlike his parent he seems to be sprouting small red flowers here and there along the ridges of his dark green skin.  You guest the heat from the forges may have removed them or perhaps it's a fashion choice.