RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"I am looking out for you, little friend" she responds to a frightened Nang.  "I am trying to return us home safely.  That has been my all-consuming goal since we arrived on this plane."

She turns back to the captain.  "Best possible speed away from the undead then, yes?"
Ning continues to concentrate on his illusion, having a few illusionary crewmen come from belowdecks to reinforce the boarding nets, creating pockets of total cover for the Captain and helmsman from attacks coming from aft of the ship
"Finally, a sane request.  The Ballista ARE on the back of the ship for a reason!"  

The captain orders the turbines at full causing the ship to noticeably lurch forward.  The ship's velocity combined with the wind currents at this high of an altitude require everyone to steady to hold onto rail or rope to keep from tumbling off your feet.  

"You are ordered to stop by representatives of the Thantii empire.   Resistance is a futile endeavor and will be met with the harshest of force!" Betimi repeats in a gravely tone.
Betimi looks at Nang

"He can hear me if I reply, yes?"

If Nang confirms this:
She looks at Selina, "Permission to respond appropriately?"
"As I said, the spell is not an eavesdropping device.  The Ab-Dead can only hear what you want him to hear.  You can speak normally to the rest of us without concern of them hearing us or you.  Think of it as a more powerful message spell with an added audio component."
Betimi looks at Selina, waiting for her ascent before replying.
Selina merely nods in assent to Betimi, then turns to the captain and asks "Just how accurate are your ballistae?"
"This is an official vessel of New Crobuzon, attacking us could be considered an act of open war. In short... FUCK OFF!"
"The ballistae are masterwork so they are very accurate.  We usually use them to slow down the other ships by targeting their masts and rigging."

On the Ab-Dead Ship...

The Captain and First Mate hear Betimi's statement.  They gaze at each other with dead glowing eyes and then send another message.  'Peculiar diplomacy tactic for a New Crobuzon vessel.  What is your purpose for being in this region, so far from your city?'
(08-27-2019, 01:43 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]"The ballistae are masterwork so they are very accurate.  We usually use them to slow down the other ships by targeting their masts and rigging."

On the Ab-Dead Ship...

The Captain and First Mate hear Betimi's statement.  They gaze at each other with dead glowing eyes and then send another message.  'Peculiar diplomacy tactic for a New Crobuzon vessel.  What is your purpose for being in this region, so far from your city?'

"Our mission is not your concern. Turn off and mind your own fucking concerns! Interfering with this vessel could be construed as open aggression by New Crobuzon!" [Intimidate +11 if I can apply it]