RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"We are fine. It is a little odd, but we are both here.I.. Ning, am in control at the moment, though Nang can take over if we need him to."
Simon eyes the hand on Ning's chest.  

"Let's hope your brother's transformation isn't permanent.  I'm sure Nang doesn't want to spend eternity as an arm sticking out of your chest!  Unfortunately, Nang was the only caster capable of using the wand.  I'm not sure if he is still able to use it in his current form."

Nang communicates with Ning, ~I can probably use the wand through you but to do so I'd have to momentarily take over your body.  Which wouldn't be a problem since that's apparently what this creature does to survive.  Once attached it lives its life pretending to be its host. ~
(07-23-2020, 08:38 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Tomeal smiles at Selina's kind gesture.  He takes the priest's hands and then while standing, he helps Selina to her feet too.  "There's likely more of those things deeper in the cave."

"I imagine you're correct." Simon interrupts.  "But it's strange they didn't physically attack anyone.  I suspect they use the rage to have people kill each other and then they swoop in and feast upon the remains.  It may have been successful too, if it weren't for the majority of the party consisting of professions who are skilled in resisting attacks on the mind."  Simon pauses, then says to Tomeal, "No offense."

When Betimi asks Ning, how he's feeling, the hand attached to the kobold's chest waves at her.

Selina ponders this before a thought immediately pops into her mind.  "So they are like vultures.  The comparison is apt, I believe.  In any case, are you injured, Brave One?  May I assist?"
"They sound like a stronger willed version of my babies. My babies could take over if my mind were too weak. Would you like to talk to them?"
Tomeal replies, "Thank you but I'm really not hurt much." [6 subdual and 5 real]  "Has anyone else been injured that might need the healing more than I?  Nang actually got stabbed pretty badly by Simon.  And what about you m'lady?  Are you still injured?" 

[Nang took 12 damage; He has 1 hit point left. He could cure himself though but one maximized CLW from Selina would cure him to full.]

"If you knew have I know about those creatures, you would have done the same and maybe even more.  But I have to admit, it's unheard of for one of them to let the host stay in control.  Usually they just use up the host's lifeforce then move on to a new host.  I've heard some parasites who have grown fond of certain hosts with political power will find ways to keep them alive with magic."

When Selina mentions vultures, Simon will nod, then add, "I've never seen these creatures before.  It's likely the torque has created all kinds of mutants.  We should not let our guard down."

When Betimi asks about talking to her 'babies,' Nang thinks to Ning, ~How would I do that? What if something happens and I accidently take them over or them take me over?~
While the party rests a moment and catches their wits Betimi decides she had better bin something with some abilities she can use. She retreats into the tunnel the party came through, staying where she can be seen and draws a series of symbols on the tunnel floor in water from her waterskin.

Moments latera single tear that drops from thin air to strike the ground. Next a pair of weeping eyes appear, and gradually a handsome human male whose face is twisted by grief. becomes visible. He wears no clothes, but he cloaks his body in the griffon wings that grow from his back and shudder with each of his wracking sobs.

Binding check [1d20+12] = 4+12 = 16

As he vanishes betimi starts to weep with sadness, and nods.

Sign: While you serve as host to Focalor, your eyes constantly weep, regardless of your mood or thoughts.

Influence: While influenced by Focalor, you feel some of his inestimable grief and act morose, rarely smiling or finding cause to laugh. Whenever you kill a creature, Focalor demands that as soon as you have a peaceful moment, you take a round to say a few words of sorrow and regret for the life cut short by your actions.

Granted Abilities: Focalor gives you the ability to breathe water, strike foes down with lightning, blind enemies with a puff of your breath, and cause creatures to be stricken with grief in your presence.

Aura of Sadness: You emit an aura of depression and anguish that overtakes even the strongest-willed creatures. Every adjacent creature is overcome with grief, which manifests as a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, for as long as it remains adjacent to you. You can suppress or activate this ability as a standard action. Aura of sadness is a mind-affecting ability.

Focalor's Breath: As a standard action, you can exhale toward a single living target within 30 feet. That target is blinded for 1 round unless it succeeds on a Fortitude save. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Lightning Strike: Once per round as a standard action, you can call down a bolt of lightning that strikes any target you designate, as long as it is within 10 feet per effective binder level of your position. The lightning bolt deals 3d6 points of electricity damage, plus an additional 1d6 points of electricity damage for every three effective binder levels you possess above 5th. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. This ability functions outdoors, indoors, underground, and even underwater.
Water Breathing: You can breathe both water and air easily.
Ning looks at Selina, then swoops down to her.  "Nang was almost killed by that rapier stab.  He barely  clings to consciousness, might he have some healing?"

He presents his chest where the hand sits like some strange vestigial appendage.

He asks betimi when she returns to the group what she meant .  "Talk to your babies?  Nang wants to know how that would be accomplished? How could he stopthem from taking him over?"
Selina nods and smiles.  "I can certainly provide some assistance, but the...influence of this place is...quite oppressive.  Is there any way to aid me with it?"  She's mostly directing this question to Simon, but maybe someone else in the group has some idea.

[[*whistles innocently*]]
[Nang will need to take over his brother to use the wand.]

Assuming Ning doesn't take issue, Nang: the hand, will assume control of his brother's body and then use the wand on Selina.
Ning does not resist.