RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-06-2022, 10:27 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Selina still has a couple of Lesser Restoration spells so she can use those on Kubo to bring him up.  After a rest, everyone should be whole. Even though Selina won’t be happy with the arrangement, it’s probably best for her and Tomeal to take different watches. They’re about equal in terms of strength and the second watchman will need assistance.]]

[[I thought we used up everyone's Lesser Restorations? I think it was here >> http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid55154 Unless she had 4 memorized.]]

[OoC: As usual, Arcane casters need to rest at the beginning or end of the night to get a full 8 hours straight of rest required to memorize spells.  If you don't have any arcane spells you only need 6 hours rest.

Nang Simon
Selina Tomeal
Betimi Kubo
Crozar Elphaba

Each shift would be around 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Feel free to switch position.  ]
Crozar is fine with this arrangement.  It will give them an opportunity to talk about summoning elementals and the impact on long term Torque exposures that she has observed from her farm.
[[Sounds fine. And yeah, I guess I must have forgot about those two castings. In any case, Selina will need to re-examine her spell priorities upon praying. She isn't using them consistently, which could eventually spell trouble.]]
You all settle for the night.  Except for the gurgling noises emanating from beneath the ground and the occasional release of wretched gasses from the hidden sphincters that dot the fleshy landscape, the night seems pretty uneventful.  In the morning everyone checks themselves to see if the torque had finally mutated you and the only change you find is Crozar's antlers have fallen off.  [I'm glad you liked the antlers.   Smile ]

[Everyone who still had con damage heals 1pt. ]
Crozar will tuck the antlers into it's hipbag as a memento while packing up to move.  The Cacatae suggests to Simon, "Next time we are identifying things, we should take a look at these.  Given how powerful the berries have been, these antlers may have a untapped potential to be investigated."
As Selina prays to the Moonmaiden, she keeps in mind the stress she has been experiencing lately. So much is riding on her, so many relying on her strength of will, trusting that she will pull them through, no matter what. She was uncertain she would be able to keep going without faltering at some point. She'd already received the goddess's blessing in a dream, but still she doubted herself. She sighs, looking at Tomeal. She knows that he trusts her more deeply than anyone else. He had changed his worldview, gained religion through her. If that was not a weight for her to bear, she didn't know what was. The man had devoted himself to Selune because of how he viewed her devotion.

She focuses her requests on anything that might protect as many of her friends as absolutely possible. She cannot afford to fail now. Not with a possible end to this maddening plane in view. When she has finished her prayers and feels the boon of renewed magical power, she turns to Tomeal and blesses him with the same spell she had the previous day, then does the same to herself. The two of them would need every protection possible to keep up as the apparent protectors of the group.

[[Casts Tyche's Touch twice, once on Tomeal, once on herself.]]
Betimi still feels a little weak, but after the nights rest is fully healed, she has madfe a decision to pursue a more martial role, and while binding with Focalor, she is obliged with new knowledge from her now patron vestige.

As she equis herself for the day she gathers a few weapons from the haversack, taking the masterwork warhammer to give her a heavier hitting one-handed weapon, and the magical falchion for a slashing weapon.

[OoC updating character sheet and sig]
Tomeal gazed deep into Selina's eyes while he thanks her for the protection spell.  He wanted to thank her with a kiss but felt the gross surroundings and PDF so close to the rest of the party, some of whom were virtual strangers might dishonor the priestess and he respected her too much to take that risk. "Have you given any thought to our situation?"

Before Selina can give an answer, Simon says, "We need to examine the cave first before knowing what our next step might be."

Elphaba was whispering to Crozar most of their shift.  She will try to answer all the questions he asks of her.

Through Ning, Nang casts Restoration on Kubo which immediately cures all his ability damage. [It looks like only Betimi is still -1pt on her con]
Selina doesn't bother hiding a little side-eye at Simon, before she responds to Tomeal first.  "From the moment we arrived on this plane, my thoughts on our situation were made abundantly clear.  I wish to return us all home.  Maybe not all of us all the way home..." she glances briefly at Betimi with...some confusion.  Selina wasn't sure where exactly she called home.  "But, at the very least I wish to return us to Cantus.  Given what we have discovered here...I am not certain how direct that path may be.  But our inevitable destination will not change in my mind.  What are your thoughts?"

She then turns to Simon and nods.  "Please do.  Remember that your experience with this energy, this portal, and that contraption of yours far outstrips my own."
Kubo turns to Ning and says, "I thank ye fer your aid, I definately be feeling much better now!"