RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betimi just morosely shrugs, "I guess, I mean what possible difference does it make.  Better to die with company than to die alone I guess."

{OoC the group might look at Betimi askance, they know that such a defeatist attitude is not normal for the alien, utterly logical and pragmatic Betimi normally. Ever since she bound her new vestige today her mood has ranged from slightly depressed to seemingly suicidal depression. Even though she acknowledges that it is the influence of her pact, it is hard to separate whose emptions she is feeling.]
Selina, who has been with Betimi the longest, easily picks up on the drastic difference.  It 'helped' (if you can call it that) that she had personally experienced a fraction of what Betimi currently was, but she turns to her longest ally and says "I know what you're going through.  I know you're not normally this negative.  I'm certain none of us will hold it against you that something else is affecting your mood.  We still have your back, Betimi.  We're all still here."
{OOC: Did Betimi say that in Ragamoll or Common? I would presume Selina answers in kind.}
[OoC betimi sai it in pidgin Ragamoll, she acquired that 1 linguistcs point when she turned 4th level (she is now 5th)]
(10-23-2020, 12:56 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi just morosely shrugs, "I guess, I mean what possible difference does it make.  Better to die with company than to die alone I guess."

{OoC the group might look at Betimi askance, they know that such a defeatist attitude is not normal for the alien, utterly logical and pragmatic Betimi normally. Ever since she bound her new vestige today her mood has ranged from slightly depressed to seemingly suicidal depression. Even though she acknowledges that it is the influence of her pact, it is hard to separate whose emptions she is feeling.]

Crozar plucks a white flower from its shoulder and holds it out to the pale lady. It spoke slowly so as to be more easily understood.  "I don't know that I caught all that, Betimi," it says having picked up the name from Selina, "But I agree it is better to die together than alone. Hopefully we won't have to die at all though." This last was said with what was obviously meant to be a kind smile, although those prickly teeth undermined the effect.  It looked to Selina and asked, "I don't believe I caught your name madame."
When Crozar steps close to hand Betimi the flower she takes it and looks at it appreciatively and sniffs at it, then plucks of a petal and tastes it , she has no idea that people give each other flowers so she thinks maybe he is offering her comfort in the form of food. She does get the idea it was meant as a comforting gesture, just has no idea what to do with a flower.

When Crozar touvhes her hand he can actually sense an overwhelming wave of sadness emanating off Betimi, barely held in check. It is actually palpable and he senses that if she lowered her constraint of it, that he would ctually be overcome by the emotion itself, like it is being projected.

[ooC Selina is probably relieved that Betimi isn't attempting to eat the newcomers like she did when they first met kobolds]
Tomeal listened to the conversation then when all seemed settled he says, "Great!  Now lets search this cave.  Then we must set up watches and sleep."

Both Tomeal and Simon will take 20 on the search.

Watches: 
  • 4 watches (2 people on each)
  • 2 hours, 40 minutes each watch
  • Sleeping through 3 watches = 8 hours sleep.
  • 10 hours, 40 minutes total hours

Suggested Watches: Arcane spell casters nee 8 hours uninterrupted sleep So Ning/Nang was put on the first watch and Crozar was put on the last watch.  If either Ning/Nang or Crozar is interrupted, they will need an additional hour of sleep for each interruption! 

Divine and Supernatural casters only need 6 hours sleep to recover spells or supernatural abilities but they do need 8 hours to regain health.  These hours don't need to be consecutive. 

Twilight:
Ning/Nang

Evening:
Betimi 
Kubo

Night:
Selina (Midnight Prayer) 
Tomeal

Morning:
Simon
Crozar
[[Selina would totes spend half of her watch with her head on Tomeal's shoulder and say "We really need a vacation". All while hoping that they don't get the Cacotopic equivalent of an Otyugh appearing suddenly in front of them.]]
(10-25-2020, 05:33 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Suggested Watches: Arcane spell casters nee 8 hours uninterrupted sleep So Ning/Nang was put on the first watch and Crozar was put on the last watch.  If either Ning/Nang or Crozar is interrupted, they will need an additional hour of sleep for each interruption! 

Divine and Supernatural casters only need 6 hours sleep to recover spells or supernatural abilities but they do need 8 hours to regain health.  These hours don't need to be consecutive. 

Twilight:
Ning/Nang

Evening:
Betimi 
Kubo

Night:
Selina (Midnight Prayer) 
Tomeal

Morning:
Simon
Crozar

Crozar suggests that, as we don't know who or what might pop up and it hasn't seen Ning/Nang say anything in Ragamoll yet so assumes he doesn't speak it, that we might want to make sure that one of the Ragamoll speakers be moved to the Twilight shift as well.  As much as it would like to use the time speaking with Simon to learn more about the group and their previous adventures, Crozar will volunteer to move to the first watch to provide that coverage.
Ning responds in perfect Ragamoll, ywosimple words. "No need"

Considering he hasn't even stepped out of the shadows whee he was hidden [+19 Hide] The disembodied, high pitch voice is probably somewhat of a shock.