RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-16-2020, 02:04 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Durr...I wrote it onto Selina's sheet.  Both wands are CL1 Tongue.  Okay.]]

CLW: [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 [[annnd...]]
CLW: [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9 [[overkill, but she's fine with that.  5 charges left, I think.]]

Remember, you need to make a Torque check using the wand's caster level.
[[...oh...uhm...can I take it back then?]]
(10-16-2020, 02:17 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[...oh...uhm...can I take it back then?]]

Sure.  I'm sure someone will tackle you before you say the command word.  Tongue
[[Tongue]]

Selina looks Dog over, checking him for injuries while simultaneously giving him some love. Faithful creature that he was, so brave too.

Heal (the Skill!): [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18 [[Sigh...not enough.]]
kubo lifted his hand and scratched the furbee's belly, and grumbles, "thanks fer saving our bacon, darn that was close!", when the furbee nudges his hand heopens it flat, and watches as the furbee vomits up its honey, and then guffaws as the furbee nudges his hand up to his mouth, witch he likes up the delicous honey, and exclaims, "Thanks, bet you guys make some darn goo mead!"
(10-16-2020, 01:21 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I will assume you normally have the Aura OFF.  But you will have to remind me when you have the Aura of Sadness activated because everyone around you, including friends should be affected by the –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks.  Betimi has been standing in the middle of 4 of her companions who would have been affected by the Aura.] 
Quote:Aura of Sadness: You emit an aura of depression and anguish that overtakes even the strongest-willed creatures. Every adjacent creature is overcome with grief, which manifests as a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, for as long as it remains adjacent to you. You can suppress or activate this ability as a standard action.]

She does, I was roleplaying it that it can still be sensed slightly, just not enough to have a game effect while she is suppressing it.
(10-16-2020, 01:33 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]The other Fur-bees draw closer and coughs up a blob of honey from their honey stomachs to everyone except for the Dog.  There's only 6 Fur-bees and unfortunately there are 7 of you including the dog.

When the rest of you eat the honey you gain 5 hit points.

Ning: 4 damage -5 hit points = 0; Fully healed.
Kubo: 12 Damage - 5 hit points = 7
Selina: 32 Damage - 5 hit points = 27
Simon: 30 Damage - 5 hit points = 25
Tomeal: 43 Damage - 5 hit points = 38
Betimi: 7 Damage - 5 hitpoints = 2 
Dog: 7 Damage
Monster E: 21 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster F: 25 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster G: 24 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 37 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 40 Damage (DOWN!)
Fur-bee: 7 damage

Betimi kneels and gives her honey to the dog. Many of her hit points are temporary HP and will replenish tomorrow.  More than she was damaged by in fact.
(10-16-2020, 01:53 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2020, 01:46 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina has a solution for the dog (whom they still need to name).  She reaches into her pack and slips out the wand of CLW that Powwaw gave her.  She wasn't sure where he was right now, but the brave kobold had helped them all immensely in getting even this far.

Spending all the time she could, she touches the dog's body while leaning in to give him a good scratch behind the ears.

[[I cannot, for the life of me, remember the mod for that CLW wand.  It's somewhere way back in "Missing Caravan" I think.  Unless wands are allowed in the "Spend 10 minutes to maximize" thing, I'll just roll the d8 and add the mod in later when I've figured it out.]]

Your answer is here:  http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....15#pid8115

Cure Light Wounds is Level 1 with 15 charges (cannot extend casting)

There's also a Wand of Magic Missiles Lv3 with 7 charges.
Nang has the wand of Magic Missiles
(10-16-2020, 04:00 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2020, 01:33 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]The other Fur-bees draw closer and coughs up a blob of honey from their honey stomachs to everyone except for the Dog.  There's only 6 Fur-bees and unfortunately there are 7 of you including the dog.

When the rest of you eat the honey you gain 5 hit points.

Ning: 4 damage -5 hit points = 0; Fully healed.
Kubo: 12 Damage - 5 hit points = 7
Selina: 32 Damage - 5 hit points = 27
Simon: 30 Damage - 5 hit points = 25
Tomeal: 43 Damage - 5 hit points = 38
Betimi: 7 Damage 
Dog: 7 Damage -5 healing = 2 
Monster E: 21 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster F: 25 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster G: 24 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 37 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 40 Damage (DOWN!)

Betimi kneels and gives her honey to the dog. Many of her hit points are temporary HP and will replenish tomorrow.  More than she was damaged by in fact.

[You probably remember the House Rules but I will remind everyone else about how many hit points are returned after you rest.  I think normally you only get 1 per level.  But this rule gives hit points back based upon the size of dice you roll.  

Hit points returned: (Always round down)
d4 = 1 hp/level
d6 = 1.5 hp/level 
d8 = 2 hp/level
d10 = 2.5 hp/level 
d12 = 3 hp's per level

So Betimi is 5th level with d8 hit points.  After a nights rest she will get back 10 hit points.

In the case of Kubo, he's 1st Level Fighter and 1st Level Barbarian.  He would get 2.5 for Fighter and 3 for Barbarian for a total of 5.5, round down to 5 hit points.

Selina is 4th level Cleric and 1st level Crusader.  She would get back 2hp's x 4 = 8 plus 2.5 for Crusader for a total of 10.5, round down to 10 hit points.  If she gained another level of crusader then she would get back 8 for cleric and 2.5 x 2 = 5 for Crusader for a total of 13 hit points per night of rest.

Quote:Why?
The idea behind this is with the current rules wizards heal to full hit points far quicker than the other classes and that doesn't make sense because everyone should heal from wounds at approximately the same rate.  A 10th level wizard with maximum 40 hit points would heal to full in 4 days.  While a 10th level fighter with maximum 100 hit points would require 10 days to heal to full hit points.  So the wizard is out partying while the poor Fighter is still in bed for another 6 days even though they were both at 0 hit points.  So this house rule helps with this by healing people at basically the same rate.  A 40 hp wizard would still take 4 days to heal to full but now the 100 hit point fighter would regain (10 Lvl x 2.5 = 25) hit points per day allowing him to also be fully healed in 4 days.  There will be a slight difference because of Constitution but it evens things out so it's fair for all classes.

I hope this clears any confusion up.
I remember Betimi is actually unwounded.. she gets 11 temporary hit points each day from her symbionts, so those cannot be healed.. she still has 4 temporary hp before she even starts taking damage. The temporary HP fully replenish themselves every day so right now she is at 44 hp out of 40 rather than her normal 51/40