RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betimi watches Nan carefully if she can still see him, hoping that he can still see Ning and signak if something happen. Her crossbow is loaded and ready.
[OoC: You can't move 30' back because of the thick vegetation.  At most you can move 15' per move action. ]

Ning casts his spell.  Misty vapor begins to rise up out of the ground then fizzles.  Suddenly Ning feels that something has went terribly wrong.  The eldritch forces he summoned are suddenly redirected back into his body causing him to momentarily seize in agony as mind numbing pain shoots through his small body.

[OoC: You take 9 points of damage! ]

[OoC: Assuming that you're still leaving.  You can move a maximum of 15' or you can Move Silently up to 10' per round at a -5 to your check.  You estimate that after you moved up to 10' from the armor you're currently about 30' away from Nang. ]
(06-11-2020, 10:07 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: You can't move 30' back because of the thick vegetation.  At most you can move 15' per move action. ]

Ning casts his spell.  Misty vapor begins to rise up out of the ground then fizzles.  Suddenly Ning feels that something has went terribly wrong.  The eldritch forces he summoned are suddenly redirected back into his body causing him to momentarily seize in agony as mind numbing pain shoots through his small body.

[OoC: You take 9 points of damage! ]

[OoC: Assuming that you're still leaving.  You can move a maximum of 15' or you can Move Silently up to 10' per round at a -5 to your check.  You estimate that after you moved up to 10' from the armor you're currently about 30' away from Nang. ]

[OoC for some reason my sig shows I was already wounded, but I do not recall from what.  Had we rested  since the  battle with the invisible stalker that hit me before?  If not, I at at 1hp]

Ning scrambles into hiding and moves 10' back, sacrificing speed for safety.

Hide [1d20+17] = 3+17 = 20; & Move Silently (-5 penalty inc.) [1d20+14] = 3+14 = 17
[OoC: Consider everyone healed to maximum hit points.]

Ning scurries stealthily through the vegetation attempting to be as quiet as possible.  Along with the rapid pounding of his own heart, Ning hears movement from behind.  The creature(s) seem to be pursuing him.  Suddenly the rustling stops directly above the kobold.
So much for stealth.

Ning breaks cover, and screaming at the top of his lungs, bolts for the trail and his brother.

""Run!  Badness!!! Mind attacking creature!!!"
Selina immediately snaps to alertness, eyes narrowed.  Sword already in hand, she advances steadily forward to contact, ready to cover Ning's fearful retreat.
Can we still see Nang? Can we hear Ning's scream?
[OoC:   Even though Nang is covered with Vegetation, he has pushed away the leaves so he can still be partially seen by the group.  He was trying to be a relay so his brother could whisper information back to the group.  You can hear Ning screaming.]

[OoC2:  Currently Ning is 20' away from his brother, Nang.  Nang is about 30' away from the group.]

Ning throws caution to the wind and starts screaming, "Run!  Badness!!! Mind attacking creature!!!" His shrill shrieks echo off the stone walls and are easily heard by the group (and anything else that might be in the area.)  He plows past his startled brother into the less densely covered area that the group is standing in.  

[Roll Initiatives]

[The creature's delayed actions]  Ning continues to hear the pursuit of the creatures through the treetops above him but the noises seem to suddenly stop when they reach the edge of patch of heavy vegetation.  Nang suddenly grabs the top of his head and hisses in defiance!  "Noooooo!  What iss thiss?!!  Green Mother, sssave me!!"

[OoC3:  A map will be posted when it's necessary.  At the moment the group is 20' away from Nang and 30' from Ning.  The creatures either have total concealment from the canopy of thick vegetation or some kind of blending/invisibility.]

From the SRD:

You need cover or concealment in order to attempt a Hide check. You need cover or concealment in order to attempt a Hide check. Total cover or total concealment usually (but not always) obviates the need for a Hide check, since nothing can see you anyway.
Initiative: [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17

Ooo! Alert, indeed!

[[Roll for 3 Readied Maneuvers:
Readied Maneuver: [1d5] = 1, Readied Maneuver: [1d5] = 1, Readied Maneuver: [1d5] = 4
Crusader's Strike and Douse the Flames. Third Maneuver: Readied Maneuver: [1d3] = 3
Leading the Attack]]