RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: here is my attack math:
(Primary) Handaxe (MW) Attack = 1d20 +5 (melee) -4 (Weapon Finesse/ dual weilding) + 1 (MW) = 1d20 +2
(Offhand) Handaxe Attack = 1d20 + 5 (melee) - 8 (Weapon Finesse/ dual weilding) = 1d20 - 3
let meknow if I missed anything]
Furious at his performance in melee thus far kubo enters his rage (Free action) and rushes south up beside Selina (F11)and attacks monster G
MW Handaxe (Primary) Attack=[1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 +1 (unamed bonus) +2 (rage) = 10 Die ye fukin beastie", and
Handaxe (Offhand) Attack=[1d20-2] = 1-2 = -1 + 1 (unarmed bonus) + 2 (rage)= 2. "shat" 
(10-15-2020, 12:38 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: here is my attack math:
(Primary) Handaxe (MW) Attack = 1d20 +5 (melee) -4 (Weapon Finesse/ dual weilding) + 1 (MW) = 1d20 +2
(Offhand) Handaxe Attack = 1d20 + 5 (melee) - 8  (Weapon Finesse/ dual weilding) = 1d20 - 3
let meknow if I missed anything]

Your attack modifier is +6 INCLUDING weapon finesse       weapon finesse replaces your strength mod nort stacks with it
so BAB +2 +4 Weapon finesse = +6
Primary hand light weapon +6 +1 MW -4 Two weapon = +3
Off hand light weapon = +6 - 8 two weapon = -2

(10-14-2020, 11:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Round 5: 
** {Status effects...}  Let me know if I missed any!
** {EVERYONE = +1 unnamed bonus to hit these creatures for 6 rounds.}
** {SELINA = Protection from Chaos for 4 minutes + 8 rounds} **Longstrider for 1 hour per level (5 hours)}
** {NING = Protection from Chaos for 4 minutes + 9 rounds} **
** {SIMON = DISPLACEMENT for 1 round per level (5 rounds)}**

Initiatives: 
  1. Ning 23.4
  2. Kubo 19.6
  3. Selina 16.1 
  4. Simon 15.5
  5. Tomeal 15.2
  6. Betimi 14.4
  7. Dog 14.2
  8. Monster E  12.5
  9. Monster F  12.6
  10. Monster G  12.7
  11. Monster 1  12.8
  12. Monster 2  12.9
Ning opens his maw and a cone of firy acid spews forth onto three of the creatures.  

E Reflex: [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25, G Reflex: [1d20+8] = 14+8 = 22, Large 1 Reflex: [1d20+10] = 14+10 = 24

The creatures immediately flatten themselves against the cave floor, avoiding most of the attack.  [+7 damage]

[Kubo, are you sure your attack rolls are correct?  With your level and 18 dex (expertise) you have an attack bonus of +6.  Wielding two light weapons is -4/-8.  So I think your attack should have been 1d20+2/1d20-2.  I might be mistaken because I don't use two weapon fighting or I might have missed a bonus/penalty somewhere. Please double check. ]

Selina prays once again to Selune... [Combat Casting DC16 to avoid AoO.][Do you stay where you are?]

Knowing he's going to possibly be hit, Simon moves 5' (10' move) backward.  

AoO: [1d20+8] = 16+8 = 24, Damage: [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10

The Large Creature [#1] takes its AoO and slashes Simon across his back for 10 damage!  Simon howls in pain then quickly grabs another vial and yells, "Lets see how you mother effers like the taste of acid!"  Simon targets the smaller creature [F] and uses Precise bombs to have Kubo's square ignore the splash damage.

Range touch attack: [1d20+11] = 7+11 = 18, Damage: [4d6+9] = 15+9 = 24; Forgot to add +1 damage for Point blank Shot; Damage 25/13 splash within 5' radius.  

The smaller creature explodes in a gout of dissolved flesh and sticky blood all over Kubo. [Down!] 

Reflex Save DC18: [1d20+10] = 9+10 = 19; Success 6 damage

The larger creature [#1] manages to avoid half the splash but the acid wave still overcomes the beast causing it to stumble and fall to the ground. [Down!]

Tomeal would try another potion but with 2 creatures within reach he'd probably be dead before the potion entered his stomach.  So instead, while covered with his own blood he slashes at the creatures!

Attack: [1d20+11] = 11+11 = 22, Damage: [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10; HIT!

Tomeal slashes critter [E] with his new magical blade and it bites deep into the creature's flesh.  The beast howls, staggers and drops to the ground [Down]  Then for the cleave, Tomeal slashes for critter [G]...

CLEAVE ATTACK: [1d20+11] = 1+11 = 12, DAMAGE: [1d8+6] = 6+6 = 12; The universe just couldn't let him have an awesome round!; Fumble!

And completely misses.  

[ you no longer have to move to that spot because Simon killed both creatures.  Would you like to do something else?]

Current damage
Ning: 4 damage
Kubo: 12 damage
Selina:43 damage - 11 healing= 32 Total
Simon: 20 damage +10 damage= 30 total
Tomeal: 43 damage
Betimi: 7 damage
Dog: 7 damage
Monster E: 4 damage +7 damage= 11 total
Monster F: +25 damage!  (DOWN!)
Monster G: 4 damage +7 damage= 11 total
Monster 1: 31 damage + 6 damage = 37 Total (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 4 damage +7 damage= 11 total
Fur-bee: 7 damage

MAP: The large white circle it the area that was partially destroyed by the Chaos blast.  You can seen normally in that area.  The blackened areas are squares where you can move normally.  

A couple of fires went out and one spread.

[Image: ebVVJKQm.jpg]

Betimi will still move there, the idea being to be able to help against G. She will target G with the lightning strike
ConcentRAAAAATE!: [1d20+7] = 4+7 = 11

[[Aww crud. Selina doesn't move anywhere. No sense risking another AoO when she's probably going down soon.]]
Initiatives: 
  1. Ning 23.4
  2. Kubo 19.6
  3. Selina 16.1 
  4. Simon 15.5
  5. Tomeal 15.2
  6. Betimi 14.4
  7. Dog 14.2
  8. Monster E  12.5
  9. Monster F  12.6
  10. Monster G  12.7
  11. Monster 1  12.8
  12. Monster 2  12.9

As the flames clear from Ning's Acid/Fire breath, two spots have caught fire.  [H-7 & I-10]  The fire started in the Large Creature's [2] square doesn't seem to be bothering it.

Kubo had missed both his attacks.  The creatures seem very dextrous and are easily dodging the Dwarf's (in comparison) clumsy axe blows.

Selina's attempt to avoid both creature's [G and 1 ] AoO's fail.  Both beasts lash out with barbed tails...

[/url][url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=211529&macid=0]AoO1: [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13, Dam: [1d4+2] = 3+2 = 5, AoO2: [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10, Dam: [1d4+2] = 2+2 = 4; Failed x2; Forgot to add +2 attack for Large creature but it missed anyways.

Both creature's tail attacks slashes at Selina but are completely ineffective against her armor's bulwark.  Selina smiles when she feels her goddess grant her request and her healing power fills her.

Simon seems very pleased with himself.  "So I guess acid doesn't agree with you after all."

Tomeal curses his missed cleave attack.  "She Who Guides, please forgive my clumsiness."

Betimi makes a 5' step toward creature [G].  She then summons another Lighting Strike [3d6] = 13 which streaks down upon the beast.

Reflex save: [1d20+8] = 7+8 = 15; Failed

The creature's eye bulge and a split second later its body swells and explodes all over Selina, Tomeal and herself.

Dog runs to the north and then through Simon's legs and ends up standing behind Selina.  "Grrr!"

Having been agitated by the chaos explosion, the Fur-bees buzzing becomes louder until all of a sudden they all turn to face the last Large Creature, tuck their long tails under their legs and slowly expose a wicked looking stinger, then charge at it!!!  [You swear you hear a tiny trumpet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE1huPYe...nnaMarbles ] [6 Fur-bees: Charge attack x4 + regular attack x2]

Charge attack: [1d20+6] = 19+6 = 25, Damage: [1d6-4] = 4-4 = 0, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22; HIT!; Save succeeded; 1 minimum +3 poison damage
Charge attack: [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24, Damage: [1d6-4] = 1-4 = -3, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21; HIT!; Save Succeeded; 1 minimum +3 poison damage
Charge attack: [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15, Damage: [1d6-4] = 2-4 = -2, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12; HIT!; Save Failed; 1 minimum +7 poison damage
Charge attack: [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15, Damage: [1d6-4] = 6-4 = 2, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12; HIT!; Save Failed; 2 damage +7 poison damage
Attack: [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7, Damage: [1d6-4] = 4-4 = 0, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26; MISS!
Attack: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, Damage: [1d6-4] = 2-4 = -2, Fort Save DC13: [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13; HIT!; Save Succeeded; 1 minimum +3 poison damage

Damage Total: 6
Sting damage total: 23

All 6 of the Fur-bees attack.  With 4 charging and the other 2 flying around to the south to sting him.  The Large Creature already used it's AoO on Selina, so with no way to defend itself the beast is quickly overwhelmed.  Within seconds, dagger like stingers jab into its flesh.  Large welts form where the acidic poison quickly dissolves the beast from the inside out.  The creature's howls of pain soon turn to gurgles until it finally crashes into the ground.  The Fur-bees rise up and go about their business of looking for pollen.  

Current Total Damage:
Ning: 4 damage
Kubo: 12 damage
Selina: 43 total - 11 healed = 32 
Simon: 30 total
Tomeal: 43 damage
Betimi: 7 damage
Dog: 7 damage
Monster E: 11 total + 10 (tomeal) = 21 (DOWN!)
Monster F: +25 damage!  (DOWN!)
Monster G: 11 total + 13 = 24 (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 31 damage + 6 damage = 37 Total (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 11 total + 29 damage = 40 Total (DOWN!)

[Image: YZPr4zWm.png]
Combat Ends!
Ning immediately sets to work using his small cloak to beat out fires.
The fires aren't terribly difficult to put out and when you're finished, one of the Fur-bees closest to you slowly floats over and hovers over your hand.
Battle continues.  Selina's last gasp prayer is answered in several ways.  She feels her goddess's touch and breathes easier, even as the flail-like tails bounce off her armor.  Battle rages.  Her allies continue their desperate struggle to dig her out of her own grave with shocking success.  Then...battle ends.  Selina's eyes snap wide open as the Fur-bees all charge like the proverbial cavalry--and almost all connect--with devastating results...for the beast.  Filling up with their poison like a bloated sack of pus, it dies and there is finally peace once more.  Selina's next reaction is to dig the point of her blade into the ground for support as the pain pounds at her mind and body, and she collapses to both knees, heaving panting breaths and gripping her symbol with one hand, the other grabbing and clenching at the ground to brace against the agony she is experiencing.  Too...close.  And to think...she was indebted to a group of oversized insect-like beings!  The truth in the cosmos was truly stranger than fiction.

She begins to pray...for herself, for her companions, for all life.  There is nothing else for her to do except give thanks.

Goddess protect me.  Please bless my friends, who walked with me through danger and near-despair.  Please bless Tomeal, who protects me always.  Please bless all creatures, large and small, who desire nothing more than peace.

Healing would come as well.  She needed it, Tomeal needed it, all needed it.  She only could wish she was capable of healing them all at once.  But that was something beyond her capabilities.  She can only gasp for air as she prays for a moment, calming her mind with the knowledge that she was still alive, they all were, and it was partially due to the Fur-bees.
Seeing the fight end Kubo lets his rage end and prompltly sits down in exhuastion to rest fora round.
"We did it," Tomeal says while trying to catch his breath.  "With the help of some tiny new friends." When he sees Selina fall to her knees, he follows and then uses one of his arms to support her.  "That was a tough one.  I think we should find a place to make camp so we can take some time to recover."  He then looks out at the Fur-bees and says, "I doubt you can understand me but thank you for your help!  We might not have made it!"

Two of the Fur-bees turn to face Tomeal and Selina.  It floats up and down almost like it was nodding at the both of you.  Then then float over to where you're kneeling and coaxes both of you to hold out your hands.