RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Let me test that theory."

"If you understand me, raise your right limb."
It slows its chewing then slowly raises both its hands.
Selina does not understand the vast majority of the languages Ningalu is speaking, so she asks "Which language is it responding to?"
It is responding to Ning speaking Ragamoll.  The Comprehend languages he cast has not done anything yet because C.L. only allows the caster to understand the spoken word of someone else (or read otherwise incomprehensible written messages) but the creature hasn't said anything. 

Simon says, "Perhaps it's not intelligent enough to understand the difference between its left or right hand."
"It seems that way, itr certainly understands Ning better than I do"
"Yes, it understood raise your limb, withouyrt training,. A animal like a dog would require training, so smarter than a dog, not as intelligent as an ogre."

"We would like to be your friends, would you like to be ours?"

Diplomacy [1d20+6]=9+6=15
In Sunglari, Crozar will ask if it can understand that language as well.
The creature doesn't respond to Crozar's question.  

It tears another bush out of the ground and holds it out toward your group.
"That is a friendship offering, most likely.  At the very least, it is not openly hostile and is offering us what it views as food. All good.  In any case, we are here for the source of the strange energy readings, Simon?..."
Crozar will pluck a flower from itself and present it to the creature, while using it's free hand to take the offered bush.