RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Doesn't Tomeal also have Spider Climb up? I'm not positive but I think two castings were made...]]
(05-17-2023, 05:20 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Doesn't Tomeal also have Spider Climb up?  I'm not positive but I think two castings were made...]]

[OoC: You are correct.  But Crozar also has a Spider Climb spell on him too. I will edit my last post.]

[FYI: I added a bit to the post to let players know they still have an action they can use before the end of the round.]
Selina's eyes go wide as half of the group falls *upward*! She turns in place, noting that certain beings are far more fragile than others in this case, and holds out her hands to catch Tegab should he fall.
Kubo dusts himself off, and starts moving down the underside of the stairs, trying to prepare himself for the fall that will inevitably occur when this cursed spell effect ends, trying to prepare to catch himself when he lands so as to not tumble down the stairs.
After half the group crashes into the underside of the spiral staircase, each picks themselves up and looks up (down) at the party members who weren't affected by the reverse gravity effect.  In a way it was lucky the staircase blocked their upward fall or they might have been more gravely injured.  Just as they're figuring out what to do next gravity returns to normal and everyone falls onto the staircase below.

[OoC: Everyone can make a DC15 Tumble check to reduce the damage to 0.  If you fail, please roll 1d6 for damage.]

[OoC2: Selina can make a DC10 attack roll using Dex instead of Str to catch the Dog. ]
Catch!: [1d20+1]=17+1=18  [[Of course I waste a good roll on something like this...]]

[[Heh!  Just realized that the requested roll was for attack and I only did a straight Dex roll.  Her Dex mod is exactly the same as her Str mod, so it's not a penalty for her and her total mod would have been +7.  Obviously, she makes the catch easily.]]
Tumble Check = [1d20+4]=9+4=13 even though he was preparing himself, Kubo was caught off gard by the gravity reversal again and twists his ankle on the stairs as he doesn't quite stick his landing.
D6 Roll =[1d6]=6 Dmg, "Ooff! Dang nabbit!!!".
Selina easily catches the pup but she winces when she hears a crash and Kubo's curse.   

Betimi: Tumble: [1d20+4]=20+4=24
Simon:  Tumble: [1d20+6]=13+6=19
Elphaba:  Elphaba: [1d20+1]=16+1=17

All three of the other party members manage to cusion their fall with Betimi landing gracefully on her feet. [Natural 20]

Speaking with his brother's voice, Nang apologizes again and asks if he should attempt another protection from Chaos or does Selina want to cast her spells without the protection.
Selina nabs the dog and grins as it gives her a good lick, then lets it down on its feet.  She winces and sighs at Kubo's pain.  "This will be a long day for us all...  Nangalu, I hesitate, but if you pass your check this time, no one else need to undergo that again.  Please try to cast your spell once more."
[OoC: Sorry for my disappearance again.  I explained much in a spelljammer game post.]

Ning (who's being controlled by Nang) looks around hesitantly.  He then clears his throat and begins his prayer again while reaching to touch Selina.

Caster Level check: [1d20+6]=11+6=17; Success!; +6 on caster level checks against the Torque.

Suddenly she feels the magical miasma from the torque that has been oppressing her prayers subside a little.