RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ning flies up to Simon and peers down the hole with his darkvision. Trying to gauge if the larger beings can fit.
[OoC1: Also, she has treated the kobolds as friends and allies ever since Powwaw assisted us and spoke on their behalf.]

[OoC2: It was a private conversation.  Now...I'm not so sure.]

Selina quickly pulls the hem up to hide her shame and buckles her gauntlet again when Crozar approaches.  She offers a faint, weak smile of thanks as she accepts the flower and the sympathy.  But her response to his consolation is "Thank you. But it is not me.  At least, not all of me.  If you have ever been afflicted by a disease that spreads throughout your body, that is distinctly what this feels like to me on a spiritual level."

She turns to address Tomeal.  "Thank Selune indeed!  She would not afflict me so.  It was to the Night White Maiden that I turned every night it grew worse.  No, she did not afflict me, nor did my travels.  This is something from my antecedents, and so I cannot know who afflicted me, how long ago it occurred, and a whole host of other questions.  It simply is.  And Selune has not seen fit to enlighten me to any of the answers to those questions.  Perhaps it is because she wishes me to discover them on my own.  But we still need to get away from this plane."

She then turns to Simon and listens to him.  Sighing, she says "And there is no other way forward?"
[OoC I had assumed that it was a private conversation as well, which is why NIng did not respond. Probably not going to get too much of a response about having green scales from a green dragonblood kobold. Reverence maybe?]
{OOC: My apologies, I didn't realize that was all supposed to be hushed tones.  Oh well. Pushing on.}
Betimi walks up to Selina and randomly just gives her a wordless hug. Selina can feel Betimi's wordless despair barely held in check. Betimi is crying. As they seperate Betimi whispers, "I promised I would get you all home. I will do that, I do not break promises, ever."

Then loading her crossbow Betimi goes up to where Simon is peering behind the waterfall, ties a rope around her waist  and hands the other end to Simon. "Just a precaution should I slip. I cannot drown but I do not want to get sucked away from the party."

She then moves ahead toward the opening behind the falls to test its safety.
Kubo turns towards the group rubs his chin, shrugs his shoulder and says, "urgh! Shoot! I know I have not been around all you people very long, but all yer actions so far so far speak volumes! Despite all yer looks, ya'all arevreally good peopls!". With that he wipes a tear from the corner of his I and turns away away blushing.
With a nod of understanding to Selina, Crozar advances up the path to join Simon and Betimi.  It offers to help Simon hold the rope so Betimi can advance further.
Selina is a little distracted when Betimi gives her a wordless hug.  She blinks a few times, clearly surprised, but does not resist or push her away.  In response to Betimi's saddened words, Selina has to stregthen her resolve, not wanting to be weighed down by the other woman's sometimes-overwhelming feelings.

"I believed you.  I still do.  We all do.  But it is also mutual.  You wish to prevent your world from becoming a part of ours.  After hearing about the Lords of your plane and their intentions, and witnessing how the 'leaders' of this plane act, I have no doubt Simon and Crozar would not want this to happen either.  I would not want a being such as Asmodeus or Tiamat to gain purchase in this world or yours."

Then she watches Betimi prepare to enter the pool and approaches her.  "Are you certain you can do this?  I would not want to lose a friend, an ally, and one of my closest confidantes."
[OoC Betimi is not entering the pool, the rope is a precaution in case she slips and falls in.  Betimi is venturing down the path behind the falls.]

"I am sure, I am the least at risk, because I will not drown if I slip. Hopefully those holding the rope have enough strength to anchor me and pull me out if I slip."
Selina looks at Betimi, then at Tomeal, then back at Betimi.  "Well, if you are looking to scout for us, perhaps you want some more aid in being pulled back in case something happens."  She then grabs the rope as well and raises an expectant eyebrow at Tomeal once more.