RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Marvel!! Welcome back!]]
Kubo says, "what ever we decide we are doing! We should do it as a group, safety in numbers as they say!".
(05-03-2023, 01:50 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Marvel!!  Welcome back!]]

[Thank you.   Big Grin ]
While the group is mulling over what to do next, everyone can hear something stirring deep in the darkness of the pit.  It sounds like crackling of crumpled paper, bones being crushed and hair raising cries of pain.  None of you have heard anything like it before.  It literally sounds like multiple creatures - you guess the demonic babies - are being ground into a chunky soup of some kind!
Selina has to still herself for a moment, calming, steady breaths. What was that?? She looks around at everyone for a moment and tries to gauge their reactions as well.
Kubo cocks his crossbow and readies a bolt to fire, stating, "Dat can't be good fer us!".
Tomeal looks down into the depths of the pit and whispers, "Unless one of you have a different plan, I will take the lead and we'll use the same marching order.  You might want to cast any long duration protection spells.  Whatever that noise is, it doesn't sound sweet and cuddly."
Selina nods grimly and grips her sword in one hand, her symbol in the other. Making sure she is as close to everyone as possible (using her Spider Climb to skitter around 3-dimensionally, if necessary), she whispers a word of magic, hoping the Torque will leave her alone.

[[Selina tries to cast Bless on everyone. If that works, she will also cast Bull's Strength on herself. The third spell she wants to cast is shorter in duration so it will have to wait. I do not recall what her modifier for Torque resistance is, so I'll roll a d20 and hope for the best.]]

Bless: [1d20]=9; Bull's Strength: [1d20]=6
[[Selina pouts cutely...]]
[OoC:  Regrettably I'm going to have to slim this group down a bit.  It has way too many NPC's for me to control.  ]

[OoC2: Damn, with these rolls I wish I was rolling up a new character!! ]

Quote:Thaumaturgy: The laws that govern the use of thaumaturgy
break down in these areas. Any time a spell is cast or other
similar thaumaturgic effect (i.e. magic item) is utilized within
these boundaries, a caster must make a successful caster level
check (1d20 + spellcaster level) against a DC of 15 + the level of
the attempted spell or effect. A failed check means the spell is
subject to the following table of random Torque effects...

While Selina is moving into position, the arm sticking out of Ning's chest forces its host to speak a word of prayer while its fingers twist into a ward against chaos.  It then touches Selina...

Caster Level check: [1d20+6]=4+6=10; D'oh!

The spell fails and suddenly everyone is thrown upward, smashing into the underside of the staircase!

Selina: Spider Climbing so no damage.
Tomeal: Spider Climbing so no damage.
Crozar: Spider Climbing so no damage.
Ning/Nang:  Flying so no damage

Kubo Falling Damage: [1d6]=4
Dog falling damage: [1d6]=5
Betimi falling damage: [1d6]=6
Simon falling damage: [1d6]=5
Elphaba falling damage: [1d6]=6

Everyone who fell upward is now stuck to the underside of the staircase.  You don't know how long this will last...  You may do one action before the round ends.

Nang says for Ning, "Me so sorry!"