RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hearing the muffled screams Ningalu tucks himself onto a shelf and pulls his knees up, rocking back and forth as he seems to be singing what Nacesh realizes must be a nursery rhyme, in Draconic, probably taught to him by Powwaw.

When he sees betimi emerge, he jumps up, relief evident in his posture and the tail held up.
When you all are about to leave, Simon says, "As I said before, please do not leave the Brock Marsh yet.  The City can be a dangerous place for strangers.  At least while you explore this Quarter, if you mention my name you likely can be shown the direction back to my laboratory."

You step outside where you're greeted by the pitter-patter of little badger feet as they scurry back and forth through the street on their missions for they masters.  The air smells stale and the sky is still a hazy brown color that's dotted here and there with the various air ships.  The shrill toot of a distant horn can be heard piercing the sounds of the people on the streets speaking their strange dialect of common known as Ragamoll.  

[OoC:  If you know Common then you are considered to have Pidgin Ragamoll.  You can spend 1 skill point to learn the full language.  If you don't know common then it will require 2 skill points to learn Common and another 1 skill point to upgrade your Pidgin Ragamoll to full Ragamoll or vise versa if you wish to learn Ragamoll before common.  This is one of the reasons why I tried to give extra skill points for favored classes, so you could learn these languages without using up your regular skill points.] 

[OoC2: Where to first?]
((Selina is unlikely to spend any points as skill points are hard to come by for her anyway.))

((OOC2: I'm not sure where else we're going besides the armorer or whatever they have here. Any help?))
"As far as I know it is just teh armourer we seek, and you also wanted a weaponsmith?"
With Betimi's new knowledge of the city, she is able to guide the group without too much difficulty to an Armor and Weapon's Smithy called, Wesson's Smithy.  Like most of the buildings in the city, it's run down and actually looks like it might have been built on top of another building that is half submerged into the ground.  Iron stairs lead up over windows to what was being used as the new main floor of the bricked building.  A large chimney pokes out over a green copper roof, billowing smoke that disappears into the hazy brown sky.

You take rusty stairs to the main floor and push open the door.  Inside you see and extremely large, perhaps 8' tall, muscular, prickly plant-like humanoid who is greenish in color.  He hammers away at a strange disk trying to form the beginnings of a keen edge along it's rim.  At the moment he doesn't seem to take notice of you.
i[in pidgin Ragamoll]

"Ah-hem.." when that doesn't initially catch the beings attention "AH-HEM.." Betimi's gruff, gravelly voice rumbles.

"We offer business."

"The lady desires armopur and a hefty sword."
The giant prickly plant bangs a few more times on the disk.  He then slowly twirls his hammer once, then twice, between his fingers in annoyance.  

"Go on," he replies while dropping his mallet onto the large anvil.  "What kind are yous looking fer."  He takes a slow single step toward the group and seems to clear a full six feet of the ten feet of distance that was between you.  The giant plant then removes a cloth that's stained brown from the constant intense heat from his belt and begins to wipe its hands clean.  You notice the cactus spines that are present all over the rest of his body have either warn down or were clipped off his fingers and backs of his hands.
Nacesh takes in the scene and looks around to see what kind of weapons the creature may have to offer. If there are some spears on display, he'll approach those to take a closer look.
The Smith has all kinds of weapons and armor on display.  Standing in one corner with their butts placed in a small barrel to keep them together are an assortment of spears.  Their blade designs range from mundane to ornate.  Obviously some in this stack are of masterwork quality.  There are even a couple made from cold iron, adamantium, and other mysterious metals you can't identify.

"Noone of tha ensorcelled stoof is on display.  For tha I'd need ta open tha vault."
"Are you able to fashion armour from non-metallic materials? Such as chitin from a large arachnid? If so, I will have a source of such chitin soon."