RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-28-2020, 04:20 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Selina easily controls the spell and casts a cure spell on Nang: The Hand.  The Hand gives Selina a thumbs up in gratitude.

In the meantime, Simon has been consulting his mechanical instruments and scanning the area.  He pans back and forth, stopping at each of you for a moment before continuing on to the next.  When he stops at Selina, he pauses a moment.  Simon taps a few buttons and then smacks the side of his contraption a couple of times.  He stares at the priest over the top of his spectacles and then puts the device away.  

"Tomeal is correct.  Using an abundance of caution, we should quickly pursue the creature." 

Nang suggests to Ning that maybe they should cure Tomeal.

While Selina is busy focusing her attention on ensuring all of the channeled divine energy is transferred properly, she ignores Simon's prodding.  But as she finishes, she maintains her touch on Nang-hand and turns only her head to watch the alchemist, eyes narrowing suspiciously.  "Don't think I've forgotten that you attacked and nearly murdered an ally in the heat of combat."

And then she returns Tomeal's little squeeze and it is time to move on.
Betimi nods, raises her crossbow and begins to move forward, trying to take the lead if Tom real will allow.  He is needed to defend the less physically tough party members
(07-28-2020, 06:04 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]But as she finishes, she maintains her touch on Nang-hand and turns only her head to watch the alchemist, eyes narrowing suspiciously.  "Don't think I've forgotten that you attacked and nearly murdered an ally in the heat of combat."

"That's understandable," Simon replies.  "But I hope your memory is equally crystal clear when remembering the aid I've given in your quest to find a way home.  Without any payment, I might add. I freely admit I made an error in judgement.  I reacted without thinking that Nang might still be inside that thing.  I'm not trying to make excuses but you just don't understand the danger that creature would pose if it were a true member of its kind!  And whether you believe me or not, that thing still poses a danger to whomever it's attached to.  Despite Nang's good intentions, it will slowly ruin Ning's natural nervous system and he will become unable to move or act on his own.  I'm only looking out for Ning's best interests."
Selina's eyes do not change as she...examines him studiously.  "If that is the case, we will cross that bridge when we arrive.  Until then, we thank you for your assistance and urge you to continue to appraise all possible avenues before making judgments."
"I feel fine for now, we will get Nang back and  to his normal self. Sooner the better, but in meantime let's hunt the mid creature."

Ning starts to fly just five feet above whoever is in the lead (Betimi or Tomreal?)
Betimi carefully moves forward scanning both high and low for the creature, working her way toward the pond that Ning had found.
[OoC: Tomeal is not going to try to outpace Betimi so if she wants the lead she is welcome to it.  But isn't Betimi one of the people who are less physically tough?  The only person squishier is Ning.  Nang is attached to Ning so he is rarely the target of an attack.  Everyone else is armored or high leveled, like Simon.]

You all follow the pathway until it opens up into an underground glade with a tiny waterfall leaking into the area creating a small pool.  The area seems to be lit up by something shining light from inside the pool.  You can't see what because of the overgrown ferns and other vegetation in the area.  The walls of the cave seem to twinkle with different colored specks of light like you're looking at the sky.  Then you notice what looks like armor and a couple of swords peeking through the dense undergrowth.  Those with Darkvision can see the walls are covered with specks of different colored jewels.
{OoC huh? have you looked at Betimi's hit points?? She's a tank, strength does not mean melee combat ability, and in combat she does either 2d6 per hit or 3d6 no attack roll save for half. She is not to be trifled with]
Betimi quietly takes the lead, keeping her head on a swivel, constantly scanning high and low for the creature.
[OoC: I did not say you were a wimp.  I said you are more squishy, because Simon (7th level; AC21).  Selina has an AC20 (3 higher) and only 4 hit points less but has cure spells at her disposal.  Tomeal has an AC19 (2 higher) and about the same hit points.  So despite having about the same hit points as the others, Betimi is still more likely to be hit.  So while 'less physically tough' may have been a poor choice of words, I  meant being able to physically absorb damage from a possible surprise attack. ] 

(07-30-2020, 04:51 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi quietly takes the lead, keeping her head on a swivel, constantly scanning high and low for the creature.

It's a dead end...

[Feel free to make spot checks]