RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-12-2022, 03:29 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Did you see my question?]]

[OoC: Sorry, i did see it but it was a long day and I forgot to reply.  Technically you don't know without someone casting detect magic or testing and making a spellcraft check.  But strangley ever so often you do suddenly feel empowered. ]
Betimi focuses her attention to whatever direction is closest.
If I understand the map correctly that would be the bottom group

She READIES a stabdaed action to call down her lightning strike on the first of the creatures to appear within her sight.
If she can, she will then make a move action to the edge of the darkness; hopefully within melee reach of any creature that comes out
Ning posted his turn literally 2 minutes before your last post which means you may not have seen it so just put in the link here:
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....6#pid59116
[OoC:  Kubo hasn't posted so I will assume he's delaying until the creatures show themselves.]

[OoC2: Readying an Action is a Standard action.  Readying doesn't say you can't move.  In fact, the last sentence in the text seems to imply you CAN move... "You can take a 5-foot step as part of your readied action, but only if you don’t otherwise move any distance during the round."  But Betimi can't move more than 5' when readying a standard action.  It doesn't matter anyways because the steps are only 5' wide.  Taking a 5' step toward the edge would result in her falling who knows how many feet to her death.]

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
27.9Ning/Nang---10pts10/32------
25.8Betimi---11pts 11/(63+7) 70------
23.6Kubo---7pts+6pts 13/46------
Monster 1---------- 00/00 ------
Monster 2---------- 00/00 ------
Monster 3---------- 00/00 ------
Monster 4---------- 00/00 ------
Monster 5---------- 00/00 ------
Monster 6---------- 00/00 ------
16.2Tomeal---6pts06/78------
15.1Selina5pts5pts00/67------
12.5Simon---6pts+9pts 15/51------
12.4Tegab---2pts 00/33------
10.1Elphaba---5pts05/??------
3.1Crozar---7pts+6pts13/25------
Monsters---------- 00/00 ------

Ning starts casting his spell.  For a moment he begins to sense the ambient chaos creeping in to warp the spells effects but through force of will the kobold manages to push the haste spell into reality.  Everyone except Elphaba and Ning feel their actions quicken...

Quote:Haste
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation.

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

To Ning's question, Nang replies, "You stole my idea.  But me not without abilities..."  The arm sticking out of Ning's chest gestures and suddenly an aura briefly shimmers around everyone in the party.  

Torque Check DC16: [1d20+12]=20+12=32; Success!; Natural 20 so everyone becomes supercharged and ascends to godhood but just for a microsecond.  Tongue

Quote:Bless
Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Betimi readies her lightning strike...

Kubo delays...

All of you begin hearing almost hypnotic murmurs from above and below.  At first the chanting sounds like a choir of whispers until the words begin merging together into a single recognizable word.  The creatures keep hissing over and over, "Mama... Mama... Mama..." Just as the words become recognizable, more sizzling blobs of green liquids are suddenly spat from the darkness... 

Random target: [2d5-1]=3-1=2, [2d5-1]=10-1=9, [2d5-1]=7-1=6; Betimi, Crozar and Simon
Random target: [1d6]=5, [1d6]=2, [1d6]=2; Tegab; Kubo; Duplicate/reroll
Random target: [1d4]=4; Elphaba

Betimi: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=15+7=22, Damage: [2d6]=11
Crozar: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=7+7=14, Damage: [2d6]=6
Simon: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=19+7=26, Damage: [2d6]=9
Tegab: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=18+7=25, Damage: [2d6]=2
Kubo: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=14+7=21, Damage: [2d6]=6
Elphaba: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=13+7=20, Damage: [2d6]=5

Every one of the acidic blobs strike their target.  Betimi is first struck in the head [11pts] and Simon on his upper chest [9pts].  The hellish bile burns away flesh leaving scarred cavities of twisted tissue.  Kubo and Crozar are burnt on their arms [6pts each] and Elphaba on the leg [5pts].  Lastly, the poor pooch's tail is singed [2pts] causing him to yelp in pain and pulling it between his legs for protection.

When Tomeal isn't attacked, he brandishes his sword and yells, "Come at me cowards who hide in darkness!  While each of my companions are worthy foes, it's me you want!!"

[Tomeal ready's his action to attack the first creature who comes within reach]

[Actions: Selina, Simon, Tegab, Elphaba and Crozar!]

[[I added a slightly smaller Tomeal and Ning on the top map to show the perspective of them descending.  I hope it helps.]]

[Image: T72sodr.png]
Selina raises her weapon into a ready position, the surging arcs of quickness from Haste coursing through her muscles and neurons. She glances in each direction the attacks had come from rapidly, then shakes her head and calms herself at the touch of the warm presence of a blessing. Tentatively, she lifts her foot and places it on the nearby wall, feeling it stick to the surface of the stone. Breathing softly, she hears Tomeal attempt to goad the creatures into attacking him. "I think, Brave One, that the best course of action is to eliminate them all one at a time instead." She then glances again at each attack direction while punctuating her words. "One. At. A. Time." She takes a step across the wall towards the creature that had attacked Tegab. Then another. Then another until she is beginning to put other members of the group into darkness and shifting the sphere of light (hopefully) to encompass their attackers. Gritting her teeth, she prepares for the inevitable.

[[Selina takes 5 damage at the end of her turn from Steely Resolve resetting. However, she also slips into Iron Guard's Glare stance and activates Stone Power to it's fullest capacity, taking a -5 penalty to her attack bonus and gaining 10 temporary HP until the end of her next turn. So she takes 5 damage, then gains 10 temp HP. She also moves at half her current max speed (Haste makes her speed 40', I believe) along the wall towards the nearest creature to bring it into view.]]

[[Maneuver gained at the end of the round]]
Maneuver: [1d3]=2
[[Vanguard Strike. Perfect.]]
(10-19-2022, 04:40 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina raises her weapon into a ready position, the surging arcs of quickness from Haste coursing through her muscles and neurons.  She glances in each direction the attacks had come from rapidly, then shakes her head and calms herself at the touch of the warm presence of a blessing.  Tentatively, she lifts her foot and places it on the nearby wall, feeling it stick to the surface of the stone.  Breathing softly, she hears Tomeal attempt to goad the creatures into attacking him.  "I think, Brave One, that the best course of action is to eliminate them all one at a time instead."  She then glances again at each attack direction while punctuating her words.  "One.  At.  A.  Time."  She takes a step across the wall towards the creature that had attacked Tegab.  Then another.  Then another until she is beginning to put other members of the group into darkness and shifting the sphere of light (hopefully) to encompass their attackers.  Gritting her teeth, she prepares for the inevitable.

[[Selina takes 5 damage at the end of her turn from Steely Resolve resetting.  However, she also slips into Iron Guard's Glare stance and activates Stone Power to it's fullest capacity, taking a -5 penalty to her attack bonus and gaining 10 temporary HP until the end of her next turn.  So she takes 5 damage, then gains 10 temp HP.  She also moves at half her current max speed (Haste makes her speed 40', I believe) along the wall towards the nearest creature to bring it into view.]]

[[Maneuver gained at the end of the round]]
Maneuver: [1d3]=2
[[Vanguard Strike.  Perfect.]]

Isn't that 40-ft moving just a move action  and the changing stances just a swift action? 
Shouldn't you still have your standard action remaining?
[[She isn't changing stances, she's setting herself up in one. She's not moving the full 40' because she doesn't want to leave everyone blind in the darkness, she's moving 20'. I literally set up that entire turn with the intent of her finding at least one of the enemies for everyone to gang up on.]]
Crozar, Greatcleaver still on its shoulder, shakes loose the gnoscourge from it's belt.  Could the magic of this stairwell dominate the light of even a scion of Sunshad?  We shall see, Crozar thought.  It began the summoning ritual, asking Sunshad to send an emissary to assist them in this dark and troubled place.

Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=19+5=24

{OOC: Bringing it in with increased damage (one extra die), reduced vulnerability in case the darkness is a real threat to it, increased health (+2 HD) and increased armor (+2 AC).}

The Emissary, blessed by Sunshad to be especially radiant, appeared just behind Crozar on the stairs, ready for something foolish enough to fly at a literal spark of the sun.
(10-20-2022, 03:18 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar, Greatcleaver still on its shoulder, shakes loose the gnoscourge from it's belt.  Could the magic of this stairwell dominate the light of even a scion of Sunshad?  We shall see, Crozar thought.  It began the summoning ritual, asking Sunshad to send an emissary to assist them in this dark and troubled place.

Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=19+5=24

{OOC: Bringing it in with increased damage (one extra die), reduced vulnerability in case the darkness is a real threat to it, increased health (+2 HD) and increased armor (+2 AC).}

The Emissary, blessed by Sunshad to be especially radiant, appeared just behind Crozar on the stairs, ready for something foolish enough to fly at a literal spark of the sun.

[[OoC: I'm not sure what darkness vulnerability means but I assume it takes extra damage while in magical darkness.  On the other hand, you guys were trying to find light spells to push back the darkness and your elemental can cast 8 daylight spells per day!!]]

Quote:Treat luceat identically to elementals of fire (yags,) with
the following exceptions:

Remove vulnerability to cold, replace with
vulnerability to darkness.
 Double the range of darkvision.
 Remove the burn ability.
 Spell-Like Abilities: 8/day-Daylight.
 For elementals of size “Large” or larger: 2/daySunbeam. 1/day-Sunburst. (Caster level is same
as creature’s challenge rating.)
[[That’s fantastic! And it would have completely changed my turn.]]