RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tomeal looks at Selina and raises his shield slightly and tapping it with the side of his blade, indicating he was preparing to fight defensively to try to avoid the inevitable opening attack from whatever is hiding in the pit.  

Assuming everyone wishes to continue on, Tomeal slowly leads the party deeper into the depths of the mountain.  The clicking continues... 

Click...click... 
Click... 
Cliick... clack... click...click 

Soon each of you slowly realized the clicking sounds seem like they are almost answering each other, like some inhuman conversation.
Selina sighs and slowly draws her weapon. She does not sound an attack as they have no idea what they would be rushing into. Instead she asks Ningalu what he can see with his darkvision.
"We can see no more than you can thanks to the magical Darkness blocking All Vision including dark vision beyond the light" 

[OoC how much can we see with tremorsense]
Realizing that her crossbow will be of little use within their tiny bubble of light, Betimislings it or her shoulder and draws her new razor sharp falchion.

Then she nods grimly at Selena that she is ready to proceed
Crozar shoulders its greatcleaver and doublechecks the knot of the rope as the group begins to descend, waiting for his turn to go.
[OoC:  Regarding Tremorsense, do you remember how many feet it extends?  If not, I will have to wait until I get home from work in the morning.]

Each of you prepare yourself for an attack but while descending the stairs for the next 5 minutes the clicking continues but nothing more.  Tomeal will stop every 60' to detect evil but he doesn't sense anything yet.  

Simon says, "If it weren't for the darkness I would fly down."

Another 5 minutes pass and suddenly the clicking stops.  Moments later you hear movement above and below.  Sounding like the padding of dozens of tiny feet moving closer every second.
[OoC I don't know what the range on the tremorsense is, I believe it's 30' but do not know for sure]
[OoC: Blindsight (Ex): A handlinger is
blind, but its entire body is a
heightened sensory organ that can
ascertain prey by scent and vibration. This
allows it to discern objects and creatures
within 60 feet. A handlinger attached to a host
shares sensory input with the host, and also
confers blindsight upon the host]

Currently, even with the sounds of tiny feet approaching, the Kobolds don't sense anything other than the stairs, wall and the group.
"They are not within 60 ft of us, unless they are behind the Walls" 
Selina nods in response and settles herself into a stance that she assumes is combat-ready. Between herself and Tomeal, Tomeal was by far the more classically-trained fighter. Her effectiveness in combat up until this point was entirely due to Divinely-granted capability. Formal training would clearly have to wait for a time when they could spend a good deal more quality time with each other...assuming there would ever be such a time. But for now, she is prepared, and gives a silent thought to whatever intelligence was held within the weapon she wielded that combat would most likely begin soon.

[[Selina readies an attack against whatever attempts to attack her.]]