RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spot: [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15

[[Seems like that should be good enough...]]
***PM to NING AND KUBO!!***

(09-24-2020, 08:26 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]FYI   no strength modifiers to crossbow damage.. so you don't get the +3

[OoC1: Nice catch.  So that means Kubo sees his crossbow bolt pop out of its shoulder with not even a scar left behind.]

[OoC2: Movement speed through the overgrown foliage is halved. ]

[OoC3:  Whatever number you get on your Spot check, that's the number of feet you can see.  So every full 5 points of spot lets you see 5' further.  Selina rolled a 15 so she cans see 15'.  Betimi rolled an 8 so she can see 5' into the adjacent square. ]

[OoC4:  So far only Ning and Kubo can see anything.  That might change if any one of you move. ]

Initiatives for ROUND 2:

1. Ning 23.4  [BLINDSIGHT!  Nang shares his Blindsight with his host.  No need to make spot checks to see the creatures within 60'. See below*]
  2. Kubo 19.6; Spot 13 (10')
  3. Selina 16.1; Spot 15 (15')
  4. Tomeal 15.2 Initiative: [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15Spot: [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 (10')
  5. Betimi 14.4; Spot 8 (5')
  6. Dog 14.2
  7. Monster A 12.5
  8. Monster B
  9. Monster C
  10. Monster D
During last round: Nang attempts to remember some dark knowledge of these creatures... and tells the group some minor tactics to use against the creatures.

[Nang gained a level and has just gained a skill rank in Knowledge Arcana which now allows him a chance to understand the creatures on this world.]

Knowledge Arcana: [1d20+9] = 4+9 = 13; +5 for Collector of Stories Skill Trick = 18; DC15; Success!! 

Dark knowledge effect: Everyone gains a +1 (unnamed) bonus to hit against these creatures for 1 minute.

Quote:*Blindsight (Ex): Nang is blind, but his (its) entire body is a heightened sensory organ that can ascertain prey by scent and vibration. This allows Nang to discern objects and creatures within 60 feet. Since Nang is attached to his brother, he (it) shares sensory input with him, and also confers blindsight upon the host, his bro.

[Image: ikKCQgZm.png]
Ning yells "Kubo, move back further, so I can clear vegetation."

When Kubo moves [delay action], Ning will resume right after him and fly back between Tomreal and Betimi, then Spitfire a cone of acidic fire. He will hit a few of them nut the main focus is to clear as much vegetation as possible.

[Image: szK8yui.jpg]

Spitfire - Fire [3d6] = 7, + Acid [3d6] = 14 = Total 21 points of fiery acid damage.

At the same time Nang attempts to use the wand of anti-Torque again.

Torque check [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14
Kubo will fall back 5' diagnally to E7, and then whips a throwing axe at the beast in square (G10) ,  Throwing Axe (Ranged)Attack = [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, Throwing Axe Damage = [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6, Kubo Shouts, "These Beasties regenerate! Is there anything they can't regenerate from?".
[[Can I just say that that was really solid damage, Ning. And if it works the way you intended...even better.]]

Let's try that again...Maneuver: [1d5] = 2, Maneuver: [1d5] = 4, Maneuver: [1d5] = 4 ((That's Vanguard Strike and Douse the Flames. Need to redo the third one...))
Maneuver: [1d3] = 3 ((Leading the Attack. Awesome. Both facilitator attacks right from the get-go. Will wait for Marvel to post response to Ning's and Kubo's attacks first.))
(09-27-2020, 03:14 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]Kubo will fall back 5' diagnally to E7, and then whips a throwing axe at the beast in square (G10) ,  Throwing Axe (Ranged)Attack = [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, Throwing Axe Damage = [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6, Kubo Shouts, "These Beasties regenerate! Is there anything they can't regenerate from?".

M ight be a DM call, but if Kubo can only see 10', how are you targeting a creature in G10?  You can't even see the creatures, 

The reason Ning's map is different is that Nang has 60'blindsight.
[[Kubo can throw the axe and then fall back.]]

[[EDIT: OH! QUESTION! Are we still level 4 or does this include what we got at level 5? I know we didn't take a 'Long Rest' yet.]]
[OoC -I asked the same question.. he told me to level up}
[[Well, I leveled up Selina's sheet, but I wanted to know if we should still be using our level 4 stats. Okiedokie.]]