RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh meant it to be from north-west corner, I accidentally placed the template at C3 not C4.. one square north actually makes it easiere. I think the yellow squares are just a DM's discretion thing whether it gets hit. I thought the Spitfire went off, if it hasn't been used before, Ning will use it now instead. The DC for reflex is 16.

Spitfire [3d6]=14 fire; + [3d6]=9 acid
[[NICE!]]
(12-02-2021, 05:12 AM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ] I think the yellow squares are just a DM's discretion thing whether it gets hit. 

[After thinking about it, I think it means you choose one side or the other.  Because if you look at the examples of 15' cones pointing north or East, the orange area is 5'|5'|15'.  A 15' cone should be 5'|10'|15', and to get that you'd need to pick the yellow square on one side or the other.]
(12-02-2021, 05:12 AM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Spitfire went off,  if it hasn't been used before, Ning will use it now instead.  The DC for reflex is 16.

Spitfire [3d6]=14 fire; + [3d6]=9 acid

Ning moves into position and blasts both creatures with fiery acid! 
Reflex save for Creature 1: [1d20+2]=2+2=4, Creature 2: [1d20+2]=3+2=5; OUCHIE!
Spitsear wait: [1d4]=3

Both creatures are much too slow to shield themselves or attempt to dodge the blast so they're totally engulfed in flame and acid!  The acid doesn't seem to do much of anything but the flames burning their flesh gives off terrible fumes that make anyone close to the creatures choke and tear up.  Tentacles erupt from the creatures as they try to lash out to snatch Ning but then suddenly everyone observes these creatures suddenly go limp and start sweating ichor profusely.  Selina (or anyone else with the heal skill) sort of recognize the symptoms imitating some kind of heat exhaustion. [14 damage]

After the blast of Acidfire, everyone sees the cave behind the creatures begin to sparkle.

Nang will use Simon's wand on himself and his brother.  
Torque check 5th level wand: [1d20+7]=12+7=19; Goldilocks zone included (+2); Success!  The Kobolds now have +5 bonus on their spell castings for 5 minutes.

ROUND 2

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
22.4Betimi---1(before);7(RC)08/52(58)----2 Con
21.2Tomeal------ 00/60(66)----1 Con
20.5Simon------ 00/51------
20.1Cozar------ 00/13------
20.1Sun Elemental---14(RC) 14/48------
19.4Tegab------ 00/33------
16.9Red Creature---1pt(Crozar);1pt Elemental; 14pts(Ning)16/??------
16.9Purple Creature---19pts/10pts(Tomeal); 5(Selina); 14pts(Ning)50/??---Bloodied!!
14.6Kubo------ 00/27----5 Con
14.1Selina---2pts(PC)02/52(58)----1 Con
10.9Ning/Nang------00/27---Spitsear returns on Round 4
9.6Elphaba------ 00/?? ------

Quote:[Ning/Nang: Primal Instinct: +5 initiative and survival checks; Primal Senses: +5 on Listen/Spot and Low light vision; Uncanny dodge as barbarian.  Protection from Chaos: +5 on Torque CL checks.]
[Simon:  Blur effect.  20% miss chance.]
[Selina: +1 Morale bonus on attacks]
[Sun Elemental: AC:18; HP's: 48; Attack: +6; Damage: 2d6+1]
[Vanguard Strike: Everyone gains a +4 bonus on ranged and melee attacks against that target until the start of Selina's next turn.]
[Island of Blades: If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures. ]

I forgot to add Ning's +5 initiative from his Primal instincts.  I adjusted the turn order so now Ning/Nang go ahead of Elphaba.

[It's now Betimi, Tomeal, Simon, Crozar, and Tegab's turns]

Map:  The 30' cone is a strange shape so I used the template that fit.
[Image: kNN6H7N.png]
[OoC: Please remember to keep an eye on your bonuses in the quoted section under the Initiative/Damage chart.  There are some bonuses that are character specific and others that affect everyone.]

[Selina, did you tell the doggo to do anything?  Tegab is a loyal pup but he also ferociously defends his pack masters.  Unless you reinforce that he is to 'stay' he's likely to attack or do some other action.]
[OoC: besides our CON losses and HP, I do not see any bonuses or penalties listed.]
(12-02-2021, 10:18 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: besides our CON losses  and HP, I do not see any bonuses or penalties listed.]

[bonuses are listed UNDER the chart not in the chart.]

Quote:[Ning/Nang: Primal Instinct: +5 initiative and survival checks; Primal Senses: +5 on Listen/Spot and Low light vision; Uncanny dodge as barbarian.  Protection from Chaos: +5 on Torque CL checks.]
[Simon:  Blur effect.  20% miss chance.]
[Selina: +1 Morale bonus on attacks]
[Sun Elemental: AC:18; HP's: 48; Attack: +6; Damage: 2d6+1]
[Everyone:  Vanguard Strike: Everyone gains a +4 bonus on ranged and melee attacks against that target until the start of Selina's next turn.]
[Everyone: Island of Blades: If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures. ]
(12-02-2021, 06:03 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][Selina, did you tell the doggo to do anything?  Tegab is a loyal pup but he also ferociously defends his pack masters.  Unless you reinforce that he is to 'stay' he's likely to attack or do some other action.]

[[I'm hoping she can convince it to wait until after she takes her turn.  In addition, I forgot to check for her next readied maneuver at the end of the first turn, so I'll do that now:

Maneuver: [1d2]=1 Douse the Flames...huh...that's lucky.  Now she can keep the purple guy from taking AoOs.

EDIT: Also, for Island of Blades, where it says "You", it's referring to the Initiator. That's Selina. So only Selina and any ally of hers that is adjacent to her AND adjacent to the same enemy she is threatening gains the benefit. So if she and, say, Tomeal were both flanked by Large creatures, both Selina AND Tomeal would also flank those creatures as well. It's a really clever stance and Shadow Hand has a couple of those.]]

Selina blinks away the spots from the intense boiling heat of Ningalu/Nangalu's breath attack and watches as both of their enemies begin to suffer heat exhaustion.

"Fire!  It's most effective on them!"

She turns to Tegab and holds up a hand. "Wait. Soon."
Lacking anything fir related, Betimi will fight defensively with her spear, fire a ray ofd electricity from her stormstalk, then take a 5 foot step to H2.

She fires the ray at the blue creature.
Storm stalk ray (ranged touch electricity) [1d20+10]=20+10=30; Damger [1d6]=1 electrical & -2 Dex for 1 minute
Stormstalk crit confirm (touch ac) [1d20+10]=6+10=16
Removed the +4 bonus from Vanguard strike and the modifier for fighting defensively, because they wash each other out.
stormstalk crit damage [1d6]=2 electrical Total 3 electrical damage and -2 to Dex for 1 minute

Fighting defensively adds: +2 to Betimi's AC
Betimiu
[[H2 is not a 5 foot step and is in one of the creatures' space. I think you meant...i5?]]