RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar nods in response to Selina and turns to Elphaba, "Would you like me to carry you? I know you move a little slower than the rest of us." {If she agrees, he will sling the greatcleaver on his back, scoop her up as carefully as possible, and runs for the edge.}
Ning replies, "It's only a little over 100' but in your full plate, aren't you the slowest?  Some of the crabs are charging right up the center, where the Cube burnt a path.  We got to slow them!"  Then Nang speaks, "I suspect they won't pursue us very far past the hair line.  If they did wander, we would have encountered them long before we entered this disgusting place."

Elphaba welcomes Crozar's assistance.  "Thank you very much," she replies.  "But were would I perch myself with all those quills?"

Nang then turns to look back at the critters quickly gaining on them. He flies toward them and stops 20' in front of the charging wall of crabs.
He takes a deep breath and unleashes a blast of AcidFire on them, hoping to create chaos and break up their charge.
Selina continues to move towards the edge of the oversized Integument System as she responds.

"You think me slow?  I have a spell for that!  Regardless, we move as far as we can towards the edge, as fast as we can.  I will even exert myself if necessary.  I do not have the capability of crafting anything that can 'block' them from approaching, and several of us are already weakened from the previous combat."
(10-20-2021, 03:47 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Elphaba welcomes Crozar's assistance.  "Thank you very much," she replies.  "But were would I perch myself with all those quills?"

Crozar slings his cleaver and says, "I will carry you in my hands.  You are smaller than my weapons and I pluck my palms." Carefully picking her up, the plantman will then move will fun speed and towards the hairline.
[OoC:  Once again I'm sorry for the delay.  Life has been stressing me the F out!  ]

"You wave me around like you do your great cleaver," Elphaba says to Crozar.  "My spine will sound like a string of fire crackers.  And if I merely brush against your body I'll be a pin cushion!  Please be careful!!  I'm old and my skin bruises and tears easily!"  Sighing under her breath she replies to someone, "Yes, I know if he trips they'll have to pry my perforated body off his chest with a crowbar!"   Elphaba lets Crozar pick her up and for an old woman she seems quite a bit heavier than he expected. 

Ning/Nang's AcidFire attack burns many of the critters which slows a patch that was leading the throng of bugs causing the bugs behind them to tumble over the slowed critters into a large pile of squirming legs and squeals.  

While you're fighting to run through the long treelike hairs, you start struggling more and more with the fleshy terrain.  The ground beneath your feet seems to have become even more spongey, bumpy and gnarled.  You start to wonder if the fleshy land was deliberately doing something liked giving itself goosebumps of soft lumpy flesh to slow your pace. 

Tomeal will be using his great strength to try to force his way past the thick strands and hold them back so others can get through easier.  He had purposely chosen lighter armor because he liked to be maneuverable on the battle field and in this case the warrior thought he'd made the right choice. 

Simon flies above the group tossing Alchemist fire on the fleshy ground in front of the horde of crabs and lice hoping to force them to take a different route.

[OoC2:  What is everyone's movement?  And are you doing anything else to help get you out of here faster.]
[[Lemme think about what Selina can do...Okay...She has nothing to slow the advance of the swarm, but she can cast Fly or Longstrider on herself to make herself no longer the slowest. I think that's about it.]]
Betimi has a 30' move speed. Is Kubo still in gelatinous cube form? If it ended I missed it.
Ningalu has Fly60, and ground speed 30. He will continue to breath the spitfire as fast as it refreshes.
Crozar's movement is 30. It will ask Elphaba if she can get the flasks of oil out of it's hipbag as it moves and toss them behind, trusting on Ning or Simon to actually ignite them once thrown.
Kubo not having any special equipment or powers to speed his passage, and hearing the panic in every one's voices, does not wait to be helped, but takes off running as fast as he can in order to try and reach the area beyond the hairline, before he becomes lice fodder once again. Praying to Marthammor Duin to speed his feet and grant him wings.