RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Then she will.]]
The Gelatinous cube begins to move to try to engulf the swarm.  Unfortunately, each 5' of movement just pushes the swarm away (kind of like a snow plow).

Save1: Reflex save: [1d20+6]=18+6=24
Save2: Reflex save: [1d20+6]=10+6=16
Save3: Reflex save: [1d20+6]=14+6=20

[Sorry, it made all 3 of its reflex saves.  Undecided ]

As Simon pulls out another vial, the acid from last round continues to burn the Swarm.

Acid damage: [1d6]=6; Total Damage to Swarm: 61

Simon then tosses the vial at the swarm [D-12].  "Sorry, Kubo!" Simon yells to the Dwarf.

Alchemist Fire: [1d20+11]=11+11=22, Damage: [1d6]=4; HIT!!; 4 damage; Total Damage to Swarm: 65.

The alchemist fire strikes the swarm [4 damage] and splashes Kubo [1 damage].  The flames burns away the last of whatever was holding it together.  What's left of the swarm of lice disperses into whatever crack or pore they can find.

Battle done!!
(finally)
Suddenly overcome by her Vestiges, Elphaba does some end-zone celebrating while singing, "Who's your grandma!  It's my birthday!  I'm the best!  It's my birthday!"  Soon she regains her composure by straightening her ankle-length skirt and tucking back into her bonnet any hair that may have escaped.  "I can dismiss the spell to turn Kubo back but might I offer a suggestion?  If we keep him like this for a while, he can burn a path through the flesh field."

[Just moving normally, he could burn a path for around 3600'.  And if he 'runs' that's 14,400'!!]

Simon floats higher into the air to look around for anything else that might have been drawn to the noise of combat.

Whimpering, Tegab limps to his master's and sits on its haunches as close to her as possible.

Tomeal immediately makes his way to Selina and if she's willing, he'll give her a hug.  "Are you alright?" He asks.  "That was a close one."
Kubo gives his gelatinous body a shake in affirmation of Elphaba's suggestion, and starts moving ahead of the party using his acid to burn a clear path for the party to travel on.
Selina closes her eyes and takes a deep breath...and releases it slowly, letting her relief wash over everyone in a wave of euphoric calm.  As it runs its course, she opens her eyes and gives Elphaba a little smirk at her antics.  If it hadn't been for the old woman, this would have gone an entirely different way.  She barely has time for that thought to finish as Tomeal sweeps her up in a bearhug.  She leans into it for the time it lasts, then looks at him with a mildly-amused, slightly horrified smile.  "Brave One, you've...looked...better."  She surreptitiously collects her wand and touches him with it.  Several times.  She realizes she will have to do this for everyone after this battle.

[[Channel Energy Healing.  I don't remember precisely what we decided, but if I'm going by the PF cleric's Channel, it's 3d6 in a 30-foot radius.  Centered on her, obviously.]]
Sweet Mercy: [3d6]=5 [[And that's absolutely terrible and an example of why I hate relying on multiple dice for effect.  One of her wands will probably be discharged after this...Dunno how you want to do this.  Multiple people are seriously injured and her Channels are precious because we have no idea what's ahead and they represent group healing.]]
Crozar bows to the elemental and says, "Thank you for your aid, servant of Sunshad.  Please take my prayers to your Lord."  With that, the Cacatae dismisses the elemental and approaches Ephaba.  It says, "That was amazing summoning work.  Surely you are greatly blessed by Sunshad.  You are right to celebrate as I do not think we would have survived this without you." Looking over the condition of the group, especially as Selina issues a healing wave for those nearby, Crozar suggests, "We have several of those healing berries I produced as well, if you are concerned about the expenditure of your wand or it possibly Torqueing dangerously."
"Wait," Nang says to Selina through his brother.  "Allow me to heal some of you first before you channel healing energy.  I have an ability which allows to me heal, but only the severely injured."

Assuming Selina allows Nang to use his ability, he uses, Touch of Healing feat.  (Heal 9 hit points per touch up to half target's hit points)

Kubo: 12/47 
Selina: 18/52
Tegab: 26/33  (-10 damage)  New Total: (16/33)
Betimi: 12/52
Tomeal: 45/48 (-21 damage) New Total: (24/48)
Crozar: 10/13 (-4 damage) New Total: (6/13)

[OoC: As for rolling dice to heal, to speed things up, I can offer to give you the average dice roll rounded up.  So if you're rolling d8, the average is 4.5 so you get an automatic 5 hit points per dice.  So your d6's from channeling would be 3.5 (round up to) 4pts x 3 = 12 hit points returned on everyone. ]

Selina channels...

Kubo: 12/47 - 12 damage = 0/47
Selina: 18/52 - 12 damage = 6/52
Tegab: 16/33 - 12 damage = 4/33
Betimi: 12/52 - 12 damage = 0/52  (I think she has bonus hp's from her 'babies' so her max might now be lower until after she rests)
Tomeal: 24/48 - 12 damage = 12/48
Crozar: 6/13 - 6 damage = 0/13

Final damage total after Selina's channeling:

Selina: 6/52
Tegab: 4/33
Tomeal: 12/48

Elphaba nods to the thanks people are expressing.  She replies with some stress in her voice, "My vestiges are having a negative affect upon me.  So if I act rude, arrogant, scornful, overly celebratory, or I start speaking to myself, it's the influence the vestiges are having over me."  She bites her bottom lip, like she's struggling with her words until she finally blurts out, "Stupid WENCH!"  Elphaba sighs with frustration, then whispers to someone, "Yes I know they'd all be dead without me.  It's why we're with them so we can help each other.  Not that I any any way needed their help."

[FYI:  Some of her influences include...
Influence: Never admit that you need help or that you are weaker than anyone else. Treat those that are weaker than you with scorn and contempt, especially young women and spontaneous spellcasters.

Influence: You take every opportunity to revel. Even small victories seem like cause for grand celebrations, and if you’re happy, you want everyone around to share your joy. If you achieve victory in combat, you must immediately spend a full-round action crowing about your triumph.

Influence: You become an eccentric, often speaking to yourself and to imaginary friends.  ]
[[That is much better to deal with and I fully accept it. Dice have a very weird relationship with me. Sometimes I can't roll anything but 19s and 20s, sometimes I'm rolling terribly. It's just frustrating. I'd rather have true randomness, honestly, like dice are supposed to be.]]

[[Also, 3.5e Polymorph effects are broken as always. Kubo just changed from a Dwarf with lowered Con, into an Gelatinous Cube. He's technically the strongest in the group in so many ways.]]
Crozar calls out to the Cubo as it slimes away and says, "Hold up, Kubo, I don't think we are ready to move yet and wouldn't want you overwhelmed!"
(10-13-2021, 06:05 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Also, 3.5e Polymorph effects are broken as always.  Kubo just changed from a Dwarf with lowered Con, into an Gelatinous Cube.  He's technically the strongest in the group in so many ways.]]

[OoC: Turning Kubo into a Gelatinous Cube was the only thing I could think of that's within Elphaba's abilities to rescue him from the grapple.  It's a difficult spell to balance and there are a few combos out there that are crazy.  There's a certain halfling who's a Master of Many Forms* in my IRL game that enjoys turning into a hydra to chew through enemies, that can be a bit of a handful.

*I think that's what Prestige class he is.  It's been a while since I played my IRL game. ]

Simon returns.  "I don't see anything so I think we're as safe as being in the Torque can be."