RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: Sorry, for the delay. ]

Tomeal takes up the rope and ties it around his waist.  He then readies himself to stand firm if she falls.  "Would not Ning be better at scouting ahead?  Not only can he fly but with Nang attached to him, he has probably the most potent means of defending himself - with his Acid-Fire breath - available to us.  He's also stealthier than a black cat in a pitch black room!"

[OoC: If Betimi proceeds, she needs to make a balance check to cross the tiny ledge.]
[OOC I was worried that Ning might not be able to fly behind the waterfall, and if he got knocked by it he'd be helpless.]
Kubo will grab the rope as well.
(12-22-2020, 09:00 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OOC I was worried that Ning might not be able to fly behind the waterfall, and if he got knocked by it he'd be helpless.]

[OoC: Since Ning doesn't have wings his flight takes up no more space than someone tippy-toeing over the ledge.  Also, if the waterfall does somehow knock him off the ledge, he flies so it doesn't matter.  He'll just float back to the spot he was knocked off.  Also, Ning is Small so he takes up less space than Betimi.]

[OoC2:  As for the holes in the floor of the pond, there are about 6 of them of various sizes and at least 2 are big enough for a medium creature to easily pass through.]
[[Are we waiting on me?]]
[OoC: Nope.  We are waiting on Betimi.  She needs to decide if she or Ning is make a balance check.  I was planning on making the roll soon.l
Betimi presses her back against the cave wall and takes a step...

balance: [1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5

And falls.   Rolleyes

Everyone holding the rope easily keeps her from falling but she does get a little banged and scraped up from falling into the waterfall and being crashing bashed into the side of the cliff.  [1 point of damage]  

[OoC: Welp, do we try again?]
[OoC sorry I completely fdorgot you were waiting on me]

Betimi will try again. If they are to proceed this way they have to be able to make sure that every member of the group can make it.

Balance [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8
(12-31-2020, 05:31 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC sorry I completely fdorgot you were waiting on me]

Betimi will try again. If they are to proceed this way they have to be able to make sure that every member of the group can make it.

Balance [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8

[Another fail but at least you didnt fall.]
Undeterred, she tries again.

Balance [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6
LOL