RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-31-2022, 07:31 AM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC Sorry to hear about the battle with COVID.  Hopefully by now, you have recovered somewhat.]

Ningalu will cast the spider climbs on Crozar, and Tomreal, allowing them to act as anchors.

I'm still testing positive but I'm not feeling too bad.  I do still have a little difficulty breathing, like there's a weight on my chest but I have a puffer I've been using to lessen those symptoms.
Ning casts spider climb on Crozar, Tomeal and Selina.

I should also mention you see the strange book you pressed into the door sitting at the top of the stairs.
Selina tests the spell’s effect for a few moments, lifting her feet up and down one at a time and feeling her soles cling to the ground but not bind her there.  It was the strangest sensation, like a thousand thousand tiny hooks were attached to the bottoms of her feet and were able to link with loops that somehow appeared out of the ground wherever she stepped down.  Palming the wall with her hand, she felt much the same sensation. How strange…

Then she looks up at the book and tilts her head curiously.

“I do wonder if that will follow us…”
Crozar shares Selina's gaze and says, "Only one way to know.  Lead on."
Selina nods and allows the leader to take a few steps down the stairs before she follows, holding the rope with one hand, palming the wall with her other.

[[If I’m not mistaken, she was in the middle of the group, marching order-wise.]]
Tomeal leads the group down the circular staircase lining wall of the pit.  Selina's cameo dispels a 20' radius of magic darkness turning it into regular darkness which is lit up by the sunrod.  Though it kind of feels like your descending the stairs in a fish bowl, you can at least see to not trip over your feet or accidently walk into the pit.  

After what you guess is 10 minutes of descending, the total silence is broken by light clicking notices emanating from somewhere below...
Selina rolls her eyes and sighs as she hazards a look down.  "I can only assume that sound is yet another malformed creature, or ten, who seek to nibble on our remains.  I would suggest we all prepare ourselves."  She gives her symbol a comforting grip and then places one hand on the wall and the other on the hilt of her sword.
Seeing everyone else ignore the book Ning/Nang scoops it up and slips it into his pack before flying down the stairs beside Tomreal.
Betimi simply nods and Randy's her crossbow.
[[*cough*]]