RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar takes the offered bracers with a smile.  "Thank you.  It is much appreciated."  It holds the bracers against it's arm to get the sizing right and begins carefully plucking spines to make room for them.  It stows them away in it's hipbag for later use if needed.  It says, "This will probably take me a bit, so we can go if we have somewhere to go to."
[[Are we waiting on anyone?]]
(11-22-2020, 02:50 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Are we waiting on anyone?]]

[OoC: We're waiting for me.  Every other weekend I have company so I usually can't reply to more than a couple of short messages. But I just dropped them off at the train station... ]
[OoC: Don't forget to update your Signatures. ]

After breakfast you all decide to begin again.  You know there are two paths to the north-ish.  One is in the north wall but leads to the North-West.  You know it goes to where the mist was coming from and another goes to parts unknown.  The second path leads to the North-East.
Selina take her time eating the porridge.  Not because she enjoys it any more or less than any other porridge she has ever had, but because she is actively delaying a venture back to where the mist came from.  Yes, she is still terrified by the idea of it.  After some time, she finally decides that there is no point delaying any further and clears her throat.

“Um... Simon?  I believe you said that the source of the strange energy was in that direction?”  She points towards where the mist came from.
Simon Replies, "My instrument say it's to the north but I don't have a schematic of the caves to know which path travels in the right direction.  Either path could suddenly make a U-Turn and double back on itself.  We either have to explore both or hope the first path is the lucky one."
The Selina looks fairly crestfallen at that answer.  Sighing heavily, she clenches her hand, not realizing that it is the one currently linked with Tomeal’s, and nods to herself.

“Very well.  We have no choice then.  Northwest it is.”
kubo checks the edges of his axes quickly, hoists his pack and crossbow and says, "I'm ready to head out as soon as ya all are!"
A little surprised by Selina's grip, Tomeal squeezes Selina's hand in return and gives her a reassuring smile.

Simon adds, "Last night freaked us all out a little bit.  If what I believe is true, that those people's terrifying last moments were somehow transformed or merged into that mist we need to get out of here before something similar or worse happens to us!" 

Tomeal stares at Simon, giving him a, please stop talking about it, look.

The first thing you notice as you head off to the north-west is the sound of the Waterfall has returned.  Perhaps the mist from last night had some kind of sound dampening effect.  Creeping up the tunnel you spot no signs of the mist.  It seems to have dissipated and left no trace of its presents from the night before.  Soon you're standing at a large pool with a waterfall tumbling out of the ceiling to east.  There's lots of mushrooms ranging in size from tiny button to one that looms some 10' over you.  Shading the entrance to this cave.  Those with darkvision notice a hole 20' above the pond's surface in the wall to east beside the waterfall.
[[Any trace of the uglies?]]