RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betimi is anxious because every round spent with armour is another round the creatures can regenerate. She suggests Tomreal and Selina don armour in the cave mourg, where they can see Kubo. Then Kubo can safely watch her as she investigates. If she sees the creatures move at all she will lightning strike the bodies. Not lightning strihing the furbees.
Selina just smiles at Tomeal as he averts his eyes. She trusted him. After all, he had devoted himself to her and to them and had personally saved her life. Also, they had shared a tent for the past few days. But she wasn't quite ready to go that far. She barely knew him, after all. After dressing, she elects to allow the others to organize a defense while she prepared herself. It may not matter in the end, those beam attacks were quite deadly, but she would rather have a chance against the twisted creatures' attacks up front than not.

[[Selina is thinking that the group can wait it out a bit longer. The creatures are glass cannons and don't seem to have a whole lot of HPs. Neither does she, however, and she'd much rather have a higher AC against the tail attacks and whatever they can come up with.]]
Betimi whiskers to Selina. "You misunderstand, I do not think they are up yet. The idea is to neutralize the dthreat now. While they are still down. not stand here and wait for them to get up. Just stay here and I am going to go see if my hunch is correct."
Selina just nods agreement. While she wasn't the biggest fan of killing something when it was down and recovering...these beasts were deadly and, by sharp contrast, would likely not have thought twice about doing so.
Listen -10: [1d20-10] = 20-10 = 10

Crozar continues to sleep through the low whispering.  It is so still and rigid that other that it's height and held equipment that it would blend in with the cave vegetation pretty well.
Move Silently Check = [1d20+12] = 17+12 = 29,
Hide Check = [1d20+8] = 6+8 = 14,
Spot Check = [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17
Kubo quitely moves back into posistion to watch Beltimi investigat the monsters,  when in posiition he whispers, "Ready when ye are!"
[OoC: When I checked distances, what's kind of funny is that the closest mutant wolf is exactly 120' from the mouth of the cave.  So with Betimi's and Kubo's 60' darkvision they can just reach the creature with their sight.  ]

So, while Tomeal and Selina wait at the mouth of the cave, they listen for Kubo's warning sounds while assembling Selina's armor.  Tomeal says, "You really should wear the Light Armor as pajamas.  When we get back we can look for someone who makes Restful Armor Augmentation Crystals.  My Captain had one attached to his Full Plate.  It lets you sleep in your armor and only costs about 500gp's.  He would attach it at night and then swap it out for something else during the day."

Kubo move 60' from the mouth of the cave and then Betimi moves another 60' from the dwarf.  When she arrives at the site of the Furbee's agitation she can see that with the exception of the mutant wolf Selina turned into a coat - he will need to regenerate for another 14 hours! - the creatures who were once bloody messes, are now breathing strong and seem to be merely unconscious.  Betimi estimates they would likely have woken up during Selina's and Tomeal's watch.  As humans with no darkvision, that could have been a real problem!
(11-03-2020, 03:26 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: When I checked distances, what's kind of funny is that the closest mutant wolf is exactly 120' from the mouth of the cave.  So with Betimi's and Kubo's 60' darkvision they can just reach the creature with their sight.  ]

So, while Tomeal and Selina wait at the mouth of the cave, they listen for Kubo's warning sounds while assembling Selina's armor.  Tomeal says, "You really should wear the Light Armor as pajamas.  When we get back we can look for someone who makes Restful Armor Augmentation Crystals.  My Captain had one attached to his Full Plate.  It lets you sleep in your armor and only costs about 500gp's.  He would attach it at night and then swap it out for something else during the day."

Kubo move 60' from the mouth of the cave and then Betimi moves another 60' from the dwarf.  When she arrives at the site of the Furbee's agitation she can see that with the exception of the mutant wolf Selina turned into a coat - he will need to regenerate for another 14 hours! - the creatures who were once bloody messes, are now breathing strong and seem to be merely unconscious.  Betimi estimates they would likely have woken up during Selina's and Tomeal's watch.  As humans with no darkvision, that could have been a real problem!

Selina looks at him and smiles.  "I'll take that under consideration.  First thing's first: find a way to stop those creatures from returning from unconsciousness.  Then return home."  Her eyes begin to twinkle a little.  "Then we can talk about my pajamas."

She refocuses.  "Returning to the task at hand, the best way to do this is to cause as much damage as possible to each of them so we have more time to find a more permanent solution.  I just wish the Goddess would gift me another way.  Some part of this seems...wrong to me."
(11-03-2020, 07:15 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2020, 03:26 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: When I checked distances, what's kind of funny is that the closest mutant wolf is exactly 120' from the mouth of the cave.  So with Betimi's and Kubo's 60' darkvision they can just reach the creature with their sight.  ]

Selina looks at him and smiles.  "I'll take that under consideration.  First thing's first: find a way to stop those creatures from returning from unconsciousness.  Then return home."  Her eyes begin to twinkle a little.  "Then we can talk about my pajamas."

She refocuses.  "Returning to the task at hand, the best way to do this is to cause as much damage as possible to each of them so we have more time to find a more permanent solution.  I just wish the Goddess would gift me another way.  Some part of this seems...wrong to me."

Realizing that he walked right into her pajama comment, Tomeal can't help but smile while busying himself with the under padding of her full plate, thankful the darkness hides the flushing of his cheeks and the sudden change of subject.  "It's possible it was Selune who guided us here.  How else could anyone explain why we ended up in the one world out of the infinite universe that has an ancestral artifact some how inked to you?  Seems like divine intervention to me." 
Betimi looks to see if the acid wounds inflicted by Ningalu are healing. She looks also to see if the ones she lightning struck are healing. While she does she is going to throw throwing scarabs as coup de gras attacks on each before she checks their other wounds.

[1d6 piercing + 1d6 critical + 1d66 acid on each] So routine is approach a wolf. coup de geras, check it's wounds and move to the next. She is going to try and see if there are any wounds that are not healing.
If all are healing she will switch her coup de gras to the crossbow to try cold damage.