RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Obviously, finding the source of this second energy signature is of top priority.  I mention coming back here 'sometime,' not immediately.  We are close to the source of this energy and I suspect what we'll find will be epic.  Whatever is capable of impacting the chaotic energy of the Torque must be of unprecedented power.  Possibly even on par with a god."

Tomeal asks, "A god?  Why have you not mentioned this before?  If this could be some kind of god, how do we know it's not the next Bane or Moander?"

Simon reples, "I never said it was a god.  I said the power level could possibly be on par with a god."

Tomeal replies, "But you don't really know.  What we're doing could have serious repercussions on this world." 

Simon replies, "I told you this energy is similar to the portal energy signatures.  That is why we're here.  Hopefully this will help us find a way home for all of you."
"That is a valid point, Simon.  I produce more flowers than most, an expression of my birthright blessing of Sunshad, but I have not seen a cacatae produce fruit before.  I'm not sure whether I should be more disturbed by the growth or that it didn't alarm me until you pointed it out," Crozar says as it plucks all of the fruit it can see on its person. "Can someone check my back please?"

[[OOC: Would Gather information, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Planes), Spellcraft or UMD apply to trying to figure out anything more about these fruit or the effect that impacted me to produce them?]]
Selina is in instant agreement with Tomeal on point.  "IF this is a god, or something on that level of power, do you think it wise to disturb it?  Do you think something of that level of power would want to be...examined?"  She looks at the massive Crozar's back absentmindedly as she awaits Simon's response.
"Methinks me and Crozar should do the talking. He is charismatic, and knowledgeable about this world. While I have mastered Ragamoll, and am trained in diplomacy."

[OoC Diplomacy +6]
"I am somewhat skilled in diplomacy, but do not speak Ragomoll yet. If you need someone to feel threatened, I can make them urinate in their pants quite easily though."

[OoC  Diplomacy +5. Intimidate +11]
"I will do my best to assist whomever decides to engage.  I am skilled in the diplomatic arts."

[[Diplomacy +7]]
(03-10-2021, 06:07 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina is in instant agreement with Tomeal on point.  "IF this is a god, or something on that level of power, do you think it wise to disturb it?  Do you think something of that level of power would want to be...examined?"  She looks at the massive Crozar's back absentmindedly as she awaits Simon's response.

"The likelihood it's a god is pretty remote.  It's more likely either a natural phenomenon or some kind of artifact or relic.  The Thanati (the undead in the ship) stated they were looking for an artifact that was stolen from them.  It's possible that whatever is producing the energy is in fact what they're looking for.  If so, then we might have to deal with a country of undead before our quest is finished.  I hope not.  I hope this is something simple like a Ley Line Nexus."
"Let us hope. Ning, Croar perhaps hail the being, see how they react. A farmer shooing away pests from the garden seems an incongruous behaviour for a god-like being."
Crozar nods and says, "I should probably leave me cleaver here as there is no way to make that look less hostile.  I will hail them and see how things go."  Crozar sets its cleaver down and starts heading for the figure.  When it gets about half way there if the figure hasn't acknowledged the approach, Crozar will raise a hand in salutation and say, "Good day to you!  Do you need assistance with your bird problem?"

[[Diplomacy: [1d20+3]=13+3=16]]
Ningalu will fly up to hover just over Crozar's shoulder.

"Greetings stranger, can we be of any help?"

Diplomacy [1d20+6]=7+6=13