RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-07-2020, 02:57 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Unless Masterwork quality is considered to be magical in and of itself, the Masterwork Light Crossbow and Masterwork Handaxe where the only equipment offered to Kubo]

No they aren't magical.  So I think you're welcome to any of the masterwork items that haven't been claimed.
[Is there anything else to identify?]
[[I don’t think so. We got the armors and weapons, the wearables, and the wands, right?]]
we have to identify most of the wands still
Ningalu will next us Identify  from the wans on the following items:
  • Wand = Enchantment -  made from Ash wood and has a fairly plain look except for the tip which is encrusted with diamond dust.
  • Wand of Invisibility (? charges)- made from Cycad Wood the handle seems to be wrapped in some kind gnarled leather with 3 bits of bone protruding from underneath which fit snugly between the fingers, providing a firmer grip. there is one additional bone on the opposite side of the handle, situated near the top of the grip. - trying to get number f charges
  • Wand of Identify (? charges) - made from Larch wood.  It has a small crystal ball embedded in the tip.  Only with close scrutiny does the fanciful filigree clutching the crystal ball to the of the wand reshape itself until it forms the word, COGNOSCO!  Blink and it returns to a normal vine pattern. - trying to get number of charges
  • Wand = Conjuration - made from Rosewood with Chamomile flower embedded around the shaft.  It smells of ginger.
  • MW Falchion

Torque caster level check [1d20+10] = 17+10 = 27

Nang Spellcraft 1 [1d20+17] = 9+17 = 26
Nang Spellcraft 2 [1d20+17] = 17+17 = 34
Nang Spellcraft 3 [1d20+17] = 2+17 = 19
Nang Spellcraft 4 [1d20+17] = 1+17 = 18
Nang Spellcraft 5 [1d20+17] = 4+17 = 21

That will leave the one wand that was failed and the MW breastplate until tomorrow, plus any of the above that failed.
[[Not...entirely certain you can identify the wand that was used to cast Identify on it. It's a touch spell, not a range spell. Also, it all sort of becomes a 'chicken and egg' paradox, doesn't it?]]
Up to GM Marvel, but I think he failed the DC anyway
[OoC: The area of affect is a 60' cone so you can't affect the Wand of Identify.]

Wand: Enchantment = Charm Person; CL1; 12 Charges

Wand of Invisibility; CL3; 21 Charges

Wand of Identify [what do you want to Identify in its place?]

Wand: Conjuration = Cure light wounds; CL1; 23 charges

MW Falchion = Enhancement bonus +1; Special Qualities: Razor Sharp*.

Quote:Weapon Abilities - Razor Sharp*
Some craftsmen can coax a superior edge from a blade. Swordsmen consider such weapons extremely valuable, as such blades not only slice into opponents more easily but they also stick within such foes less frequently. A bladed weapon with this item quality deals an extra +1 point of damage.
Restriction: May only be applied to bladed slashing weapons.
Requirements: Craft Masterwork Weapon, Artisan Craftsman
Price: Additional Cost: +1,000 gp; +6 to Craft DC of masterwork component.
Dragon #358

[OoC: I think 'Razor Sharp' is something Runa will look into adding to the group's slashing weapons.  Cool ]
[[Oh my...A CLW wand. How fortuitous. We might still have the one Powwaw gave us as well.]]
If he cannot use the wand of Identify on itself to determine the number of charges then he will use it on the Breastplate.