RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar says, "Perhaps Ning can fly along with you to help you balance?  Or Simon, do you have some gadget that might secure her better?"
Betimi nearly slips and falls again...

When Crozar asks Simon if he has something that might secure her better, he just shrugs, "I could give her something that would increase her agility but it seems it would be a waste when we have someone who can just fly."  

Simon then looks at Ning like, 'What the hell are you waiting for?'
Crozar suggests, "Ning, could you secure the rope on the other side of the narrow?  Then we can just walk along with a securing loop binding each person to the safety rope until we are all on the other side."
Ningalu replies "Good idea, sorry I did not think of it, that will help everyone by giving a hand-rail."

Ningalu will fly behind the falls, stay against the rock face and away from the water, after handing Crozar one end of his rope, and carrying the other end.
[bump]
[OoC:  I'm back to work and the fun just keeps on leaving.  ☹ ]

This time everything goes smoothly.  Ning travels behind the falls and sees a round tunnel that looks almost drilled into the stone.  His darkvision and Nang's blindsight detects that the passage is about 50' long.  You believe something is blocking the exit.  The passage is wide enough for 2 medium creatures to stand beside each other.
Is there anywhere to anchor a rope this side of the waterfall?
[OoC:  Not unless you have a piton.  Remember, Nang boosts your strength too.  So you could like hold the rope and start with the lightest person.  Then as more people join you you can support heavier people.]
[[I can only imagine Crozar being the heaviest, but I've no idea for sure. Tomeal and Selina are fairly weighty, given he's a tall, strong warrior and she wears full plate armor. But we should get as many high Str people across AFAP.]]
(01-06-2021, 05:52 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I can only imagine Crozar being the heaviest, but I've no idea for sure.  Tomeal and Selina are fairly weighty, given he's a tall, strong warrior and she wears full plate armor.  But we should get as many high Str people across AFAP.]]

[OOC: yeah, Crozar weighs 723 lbs.  Would a cluster of Crozar's spines be strong enough to service as a make-shift piton?  I wouldn't think so, just trying to think outside the box.]