RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2019, 12:15 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]When it seems Selina is hesitant to take the blade, the guard raises it toward her slightly.  "It's yours until the quest ends."

[[Erp!]]

GM Marvel Wrote:"Thank you for accepting.  With our leader's death, we offer you the symbol of leadership that was bestowed upon Berdem by the Magistrate when he became leader."  The guard lifts the blanket covering the corpse and removes a long scabbard that was resting down the midline of his body.  "Berdem was given this but never used it because he preferred his longsword.  But it's yours now for as long as you lead us."  The guard holds the scabbard by the tip and the pommel while presenting it to you.

Selina solemnly accepts the scabbard with a slow nod of her head.  "Thank you.  I shall endeavor to treat it with the dignity and honor such a gift rightly deserves."
(05-27-2019, 12:15 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Nang gives his brother a disapproving look.  "Ning left me up here by myself to be thrown overboard and then have nerve to ask me if I did okay?  I alive ain't I?"  Nang tongue flicks in and out of his mouth angrily.  I had to depend on others to make sure Nang not get splattered over mountainside when Nang should depend on twin."

In Draconic:
"Why did you stay on deck. You know how to run, how to stay hidden, that is how we kobolds survive. You saw what happened when I drew the air elementals attention.  It was not the kobold way."

"We not like the big folk. We stay safe by not being seen. Our new abilities make us better, but we are best when we use our new abilities to enhance what we are good at, not to defy what we are weak at. We best at controlling things from shadows, so use that.. why did you not hide?"

He rotates his head as he examines his brother from an odd angle.

"Did your brain come out of the cocoon wrong?"
[Do any of us notice the two kobolds bickering in draconic (probably like two chihuaha's yapping at each other)]
Nangalu Wrote:Nang runs over to his twin and embraces him for just a moment. "I thinks it saw you as easy target.  We lucky the Mephits didn't blow us off the ship with their magic gusts of wind.  You look healed though.  Nang though is beaten nearly half to death."

Simon Wrote:One by one each guard does the jump. Most succeed and the individuals who fail are rescued. Eventually only Ning and Nang are left. Simon looks at both and says, "Well?"

Nangalu Wrote:Nang will look at his only slightly older brother and visibly shivers in terror. "Me too young to die."

Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote:When approached to get into the harness Ning shakes his head. If pressed he runs below deck to hide.

(05-27-2019, 03:36 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2019, 12:15 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Nang gives his brother a disapproving look.  "Ning left me up here by myself to be thrown overboard and then have nerve to ask me if I did okay?  I alive ain't I?"  Nang tongue flicks in and out of his mouth angrily.  I had to depend on others to make sure Nang not get splattered over mountainside when Nang should depend on twin."

In Draconic:
"Why did you stay on deck. You know how to run, how to stay hidden, that is how we kobolds survive. You saw what happened when I drew the air elementals attention.  It was not the kobold way."

"We not like the big folk. We stay safe by not being seen. Our new abilities make us better, but we are best when we use our new abilities to enhance what we are good at, not to defy what we are weak at. We best at controlling things from shadows, so use that.. why did you not hide?"

He rotates his head as he examines his brother from an odd angle.

"Did your brain come out of the cocoon wrong?"

"Me ran to you and hugged you. Me told you that I was beaten half to death. Your response was to run downstairs leaving me to do jump by myself. We could have done it together, like we always do. Now you blame me?"

[OoC: I don't think either Kobold is being quiet. So I'm sure people can hear them.]

The guard releases the sword to Selina's care. "I hope it serves you well in the coming battles."
Selina nods in return, strapping the scabbard to her belt as she turns her head to look curiously at the rather...animated discussion going on between the two kobold brothers. Hmm...something to keep in mind, perhaps?
Betimi looks at the two kobolds. Obviously bickering, even though she cannot understand the Draconic tongue.

"It is over you two. We are all safe. We have a common mission we need to finish, bickering will not be helpful."
"This hass nothing to do with you, White SSkin," Nang snaps at Betimi, his kobold accent was now strong.  "We twinss!  It be my job to hold him to account for hiss errorss just as it be hiss to do the ssame for me!  We taught we can only count on other Koboldss.  It be hiss duty to look out for Nang, esspecially ssince he be sstronger of us."  With a huff, Nang walks away and heads downstairs to their room.  He sits and take deep hissing breaths to calm his nerves.

Tomeal watches curiously as Selena accepts the blade and then simply strapped it to her belt.  The guard then states that he wished to tend to his former commander's remains.  "Permission to leave?"
Selina nods in assent. “You are free to leave and resume your commander’s preparations.”
The guard leaves.

Tomeal says quietly so the guards couldn't hear.  "So, what are you thinking?  You seem disinterested in the guards, the sword... Or am I mistaken?"

[OoC: I'm going to be pushing on to the next event, very soon. ]
Selina shakes her head.  “I know not what to do.  I only know that it is inevitable I shall disappoint them in some way, so I shall continue to work hard on pushing that moment on.”

She contemplates the sword, tapping the pommel lightly in thought.

Know (Arcane): [1d20] = 11