RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[In that case...]]

When she finally makes it across, and can celebrate being on firm land once more, Selina will give Tomeal a peck on his cheek and then crouch in her armor while looking at Dog, making sure he knows that she is not leaving him behind.
Balance Checks = [1d20-4] = 10-4 = 6, kubo barely keeps his balance as his heavy pack almost pulls him over.
When kubo reaches the otherside he will move to take watch with Crozar, until everyone is across.
(01-08-2021, 04:46 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi has to make a balance check again.  But she gets a +5 bonus with the rope.  So a 6" ledge is DC15.  As long as you roll a DC6+ you make it across.  A roll of 2 -5 you make no progress.  A roll of 1, you fall.   

Keep rolling until you succeed!

Once Betimi gets across, Tomeal will squeeze Selina's hand and whispers, "Don't worry.  I got this..."  Tomeal then takes hold of the rope to steady himself and he... [Needs DC11]

Balance: [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18

Practically dances across the ledge.  [Even with a -1 to the check Tongue ]

Simon steps up... [Needs DC5; no chance to fall]

Balance: [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6

Simon was a bit wobbly but he made it across.

[OoC: Unless I'm mistaken, Selina will need a DC15 (including her -6ACP); Kubo needs a DC6+; And Crozar doesn't have his character linked to his Signature but I suspect he will need a DC9+.  Cactacae are Medium size but they have the Powerful build trait which lets them act as 1 sized larger when it's advantages of them to do so.  

I'm going to assume Ning will fly back and get Dog.]

Balance [1d20+4] = 9+4 = 13

Betimi makes across first try.
Dog jumps up with his front legs on Selina's chest, wagging his tail frantically like only man's best friend can do.  He will then of course accept any 'good boy' rubs from anyone else.   

Now you find yourselves in a long round passage that looks like it has been drilled through the rock.  As you spread out to make room for everyone, Tomeal and Selina who are now the closest are now the closest to the end of the tunnel (because she moved to give Tomeal a kiss on the cheek and he was acting as an anchor and Ning went back for the Dog) who notice an subtle eclipse like effect with a halo of light bleeding in around the edges of something covering the end of the tunnel.
Ning will,quietly fly up the tnnel to get a look/feel (blindsight + darkvision) fddeel for whatever is blocking the tunnel.
When you get closer, it looks like it's made from wood and you can make out looks like tree rings on it's surface.
(OOC: does Crozar know of any beast or other thing that might carve a tunnel like this?)
[OoC not quit understanding, there is light coming around the edges. Is it like someonbe planted a stump/log on top of the hole? or even shoved it in like a cork? or am I totally confused?]
(01-09-2021, 06:13 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC not quit understanding, there is light coming around the edges. Is it like someonbe planted a stump/log on top of the hole? or even shoved it in like a cork? or am I totally confused?]

It appears it's been shoved into the hole almost like a cork.  As you feel around you realize there's a slight curvature to its surface.  Almost like two half moons.

Crozar doesn't know of anything specifically but it seem logical that something large burrowed through the stone or maybe a spell opened this tunnel.