RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-12-2020, 09:35 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Tomeal was really enjoying some time alone with Selina.  Normally they might be able to slip away from the group to find a cozy corner of a tavern to get to know each other.  But since they arrived in this world the group has been practically on top of one another.  Tomeal liked everyone in the group.  He just wished this situation was a little more normal.  

Grateful for the extra hour spent with Selina, he reluctantly states, it's time call the next watch.  He stands and help's Selina to her feet.  When their eyes meet Tomeal tilts his head down and gives her a soft but passionate kiss.

Crozar and Simon are woken up gently for their turn on watch.  Simon thanks Tomeal and Selina then takes a position near the mouth of the cave.  When Cozar asks him about the Torque, he'll attempt to explain it as quietly and as simply as he can.  As for his sensor device, he explains that it's not all that difficult.  Each light meter determines the type, level and intensity of Torque energy.  The device can also detect Elemental Energy, Spiritual Energy, Possible energy, Torque Energy, as well as Crisis Energy - Which is an exciting new Unified Field Theory.  

Nothing further happens through the night.  

In the morning, everyone is awakened.

Selina was most certainly glad to be able to spend some quiet quality time with the brave warrior.  In addition to the group constantly being 'on top of each other', Selina would add the complaint that they were constantly on-guard and near-constantly under duress or some sort of stressful situation.  It was wonderful, the chance to finally have some qui-...

Her eyes snap open in surprise as Tomeal pulls her in gently for a kiss.  So...this must have been what he was feeling when I did it to him.  Now I understand.  She smiles through it, wrapping her arms around him, accepting it.  When the two disengage, she is blushing fiercely, but the smile is still there.  Then waves a hand to fan herself, letting out a heated breath.  "I only wish we had an inn to rest a bit more securely.  Perhaps I should pray for it.  We still need to get home though, so that is what I'm praying for."  As they wake up the next shift, she smiles again and beds down...with Tomeal if he wishes.
(11-13-2020, 04:12 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]It is morning, but has it been 24 hours since Betini bound Focalor?  She bound him just before we fought the creatures that cause rage and the two headed beast attack.

[OoC: No.  It has been about 24 hours since you parachuted into this mountain. ]
[OoC: I was not notified of these posts!   Angry   So I've been waiting and wondering why everyone was suddenly so busy.   Dodgy  ]

(11-13-2020, 04:41 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina was most certainly glad to be able to spend some quiet quality time with the brave warrior.  In addition to the group constantly being 'on top of each other', Selina would add the complaint that they were constantly on-guard and near-constantly under duress or some sort of stressful situation.  It was wonderful, the chance to finally have some qui-...

Her eyes snap open in surprise as Tomeal pulls her in gently for a kiss.  So...this must have been what he was feeling when I did it to him.  Now I understand.  She smiles through it, wrapping her arms around him, accepting it.  When the two disengage, she is blushing fiercely, but the smile is still there.  Then waves a hand to fan herself, letting out a heated breath.  "I only wish we had an inn to rest a bit more securely.  Perhaps I should pray for it.  We still need to get home though, so that is what I'm praying for."  As they wake up the next shift, she smiles again and beds down...with Tomeal if he wishes.

"Selina, I will do everything in my power to get you home," Tomeal replies with a warm smile. "Then we will see about that Inn!" It would be Tomeal's honor to share a bedroll with Selina. He watches over her while she sleeps until he feels suddenly exhausted. He fights to stay awake but sleep comes for him anyways and then he dreams...

In the morning Selina wakes and when she looks at Tomeal, he's sleeping with a peaceful smile on his face. He slowly opens his eyes and says, "Good Morning..."
Selina seems more relaxed with Tomeal nearby.  “I do hope that is not the end, Tomeal.  You have been with us since nearly the beginning.  I would hope you understand that such bonds are not so easily broken.”
Betimi gives the couple some distance, she has never heard of such bonds, burt it does not seem like something that would benefit from her radiating Focalor's presence. Some sort of mating-courtship process, she surmised. She understood the urge for progeny, she had her babies, the brood leech in particular would eventually need to find a womb. As had so many before it in the breeding pits.

This time it would be her baby, and not be taken from her.. like.. no that was Focalor. She need not mourn her babies, many of them would have survived, some even become powerful beings unto themselves. She idly reaches into her hood to scratch her newest baby just under the eyeball where it likes it, allowing it to rub affectionately against her fingers.
Ningalu awakens in his mind to find Nang already awake and moving them about through the morning\s routine. He idly stretches and mentally just enjoys the moment to slowly come awake while Nang gets them breakfast and pulls out prayer books to study his spells.

~"Good morning brother."~ He says mentally ~"Anything I can do to help? Those rituals are just making my head swim."~
~"No, just be quiet and let me concentrate."~
~"Okay, I am gonna get some more sleep, wake me before we leave."~
~"Hey, why do you get to be lazy!"~
~"It's not like I can do anything else while you memorize prayers."~
~"Fine. Whatever. Just shut up."~
~"Not a peep. Hey that one rhymes, is that on purp.."~
~"Quiet!!"~
~"Okay"~
Kubo wakes up, stokes the fireand begins prepinga bowl of dwarven porridge, "I made lots, does anybody want any?"
Betimi sniffs, then devours three helpings of porridge, like she is eating for four.
Crozar helps itself to a bowl of porridge.
(11-15-2020, 10:10 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina seems more relaxed with Tomeal nearby.  “I do hope that is not the end, Tomeal.  You have been with us since nearly the beginning.  I would hope you understand that such bonds are not so easily broken.”

Tomeal smiles broadly.  "Selina, after that first kiss, a band of hungry, rampaging Tarrasques couldn't drag me away.  You're stuck with me for as long as you'll have me!"

When awoken and after saying, good morning, Tomeal adds, "You were in my dreams.  It was so real.  It was like you were really there with me."

At Tomeal's mention of her being in his dream, Selina suddenly has a vague recollection of a dream too.  As dreams are sometimes fleeting, it takes her a few seconds before she lets out an audible gasp, as divinely inspired images fill her mind!  

She's holding hands with Tomeal by a moonlit lake...  Seven bright stars surround the moon... One star breaks away and floats down from the heavens...  As the star approaches, it grows brighter and brighter but the soft silvery light never harms your eyes... suddenly within the light a dazzling beauty emerges... A messenger made of pure moonlight... It's a Herald of Selune...  She welcomes you...  She tells you you're on your path... Selune is proud of your deeds...  Many challenges are ahead but be strong... As long as your actions are true, Selune will always be with you...  Follow your heart...  Don't fear the unknown...  Mysteries and teachings from your past will serve you well with the challenges you'll face in the future...

In her dream, Selina glances at Tomeal.  She can feel his warm hand gently but firmly holding onto hers.  He seems to be nodding in acknowledgement to the herald like he was experiencing an entirely different message from her.

Then you woke up.