RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[What's hilarious is both of your characters *have* darkvision lol]]
[OoC: Due to a race specific ability, Kubo can make a search check at +2. ]

While the rest of you search around the small (but fairly deep) pool, you only find a few bones and teeth of animals who were probably prey of the mutant wolves.  

Betimi walks into the water and finds that the pool is surprisingly deep.  She will need to be vigilant to avoid any sudden drop offs.  Betimi also detects a fairly strong undertow.  It seems to be trying to draw her deeper into the pool.

[Betimi needs to make a balance check.]

[OoC2: Remember if you try to swim, in 3.5e your armor check penalties are doubled. ]
Kubo searches for a safe to climb to the cave. Spot Check = [1d20+3] = 20+3 = 23
(11-25-2020, 07:21 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]Kubo searches for a safe to climb to the cave. Search (Stonecunning) = [1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8

Well, Kubo doesn't notice anything that stands out to him.

[OoC:  Waiting on Betimi to make a balance check.]
[OoC sorry been sick]

Balance [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19
(11-26-2020, 06:05 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC sorry been sick]

Balance [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19

Betimi maintains her balance while walking and avoids the strange pull from below the water's surface.  Unless she does anything different, she will find herself in neck deep water, beside a stone wall with an opening in the wall 20' above her head.  Ning/Nang float over to the hole.  They peek into it and finds that it's safe.  While they pull out a rope they notice with their darkvision that there's a ledge that passes behind the curtain of water falling out of the ceiling.  

Simon says, "You know it's possible that other path leads to that hole."
Following Simon's directions Kubo moves to scout the path behind the waterfall
Crozar falls in behind Kubo.
[OoC: That wasn't a direction from Simon.  It was a hunch.   Tongue  ]

When Kubo and Crozar begin walk back down the passageway, Ning stops flying and says, "Stop!  This Nang speaking.  Me take control of brother to speak. Before run off let us cast new spell that might save you trouble!  Now let's hope me not blow brother and I up!"

Ning produces a bit of Lodestone from his component pouch and then begins to recite Nang's prayer.  

Caster Level Check: [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17; WOOT!

After 3 rounds, Ning is surrounded with a nimbus of green light.

[OoC: Casts, Lay of the Land; Ranger 1]

Ning nods, "Yes, we think tunnel does go up there to waterfall.  Waterfall flows deeper down into mountain.  We sense there be a house past waterfall?!  Sense stone bridge then ruins be deeper within mountain.  Sense underground rivers....  Me have kind of mental cartographer's map in head but magic doesn't detect traps or impediments to a journey, unless they landmarks  Normally house not landmark but not much down here."
Kubo asks, "Should I proceed to scout ahead in 50' increments until we reach the house then?"