RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kubo realizing his crossbow and darkvision will be nearly useless in this situation, slings his crossbow and switches to his handaxes reading attacks for whatever approaches out of the darkness.
[[*cough?*]]
[OoC: Crozar? ]

While waiting for the inevitable, suddenly several splashes of green, sizzling liquid shoot out of the darkness from above and below the party.

[Random attacks]
[/url]Att: [1d8]=3, Att: [1d8]=7, Att: [1d8]=5 ; Tomeal, Simon, Kubo
[url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php?do=showone&id=251813&macid=0]Att: [1d8]=5, Att: [1d8]=4, Att: [1d8]=2; Reroll, Ning, Selina

Reroll duplicate 5 Att: [1d8]=6 ;Crozar

Tomeal: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=7+7=14, Damage: [2d6]=6
Simon: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=18+7=25, Damage: [2d6]=6
Kubo: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=12+7=19, Damage: [2d6]=7
Crozar: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=19+7=26, Damage: [2d6]=7
Ning: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=13+7=20, Damage: [2d6]=10
Selina: Touch Attack: [1d20+7]=19+7=26, Damage: [2d6]=5

Even though Ning senses the creatures spring within range of his Blindsight, he's still is struck dead in the chest by a foul smelling blob of acid causing severe burns! [Damage 10]

Kubo gets struck by an acid blob on the shoulder [Damage 7] while Crozar is struck on the thigh. [Damage 7].

Tomeal and Simon are both struck on their arms and as Selina tries to duck in incoming blob it still manages to singe her along her neck. [5 damage]

Everyone Roll Initiative
Init [1d20+4]=18+4=22

Can Ning sense them within his 60 ft blind-sense?
(10-02-2022, 05:56 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]Init [1d20+4]=18+4=22

Can Ning sense them within his 60 ft blind-sense?

[Yes.  I edited my last post because I said you sensed them with darkvision when I meant Blind-sight.  They are approximately 30' from your light source (or 10' outside the 20' sphere of light).  This means they either have a unique way of penetrating the darkness or they too have Blind-sight.]
[OoC in post http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid58711
You said nothing was within 60 ft
Now they are 30 ft away and able to attack
Did I have no chance since them approaching while they crossed that 30 ft Gap before they attacked.? Not even time to shut a warning?]
(10-02-2022, 07:03 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC in post http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid58711
You said nothing was within 60 ft
Now they are 30 ft away and able to attack
Did I have no chance since them approaching while they crossed that 30 ft Gap before they attacked.? Not even time to shut a warning?]

[OoC:  Feel free to shout a warning but I didn't apply any penalties to the group.  So shouting will just be for role playing.  If you had readied an action then you could have done something as they entered your 60' Blind-sight.]
Ning those showed a warning just seconds before the attack but unfortunately it's not enough to prevent the creatures from getting an attack, but hopefully it was enough to allow people to get their dexterity bonuses