RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina nods in thought before responding "It may be that this darkness is magical in origin.  I do not know if the strength of the light source matters as much as the...how shall I put this?  Arcane and Divine sources of light project that light at certain 'levels' relative to each other.  So a normal torchlight or sunrod may constitute one 'level', while magical light constitutes another.  Similarly, regular darkness is one level, while magical darkness is another.  You are certain free to try, though, and test my theory."
"I do not have any light magics that can help,but I can cast spider climb on up to 6 people, it will lats an hour each, so we can make sure no one can fall.  Six spells means six risks of Torque though"

"Perhaps cast it on those most at risk of falling, the clumsy ones?"
Crozar will ignite a sunrod and drop it down the hole to see when and if it disappears.
[OoC: Once again I apologize for the late reply.  Multiple reasons for this but I really don't want to get into everything because this is a gaming forum and not a drama forum.  One bit of good news is I'm going to return to work next month.  I hope getting back into a routine will also help my posting as at this point it feels like the days just blend together.  ]

Selina tosses a stone into black depths of the pit.  The rock disappears but she hears it skip down the stairs for several seconds before the intervals between tapping grows further apart and eventually stops.  Either it hit the bottom or the pit is so deep the tapping can no longer be heard.

Cozar lights the sunrod which illuminates the 20' bubble of normal darkness Selina's cameo provides when cancelling out a sphere inside the larger area of magical darkness.  It's easy for Crozar to deduce that dropping the sunrod into the pit will swallow up the alchemical light the sunrod produces.  

[I don't believe sunrods provide and caster level of light to overcome the magical darkness because it's light is alchemical in nature, not magic.]

[OoC: At the beginning of each day Nang casts a couple of spells that last for 24hours. These spells are automatically shared with the host and vise versa.  

So this gives Ning/Nang:

Primal Hunter: +5 comp bonus on Climb, Jump, and Swim checks
Primal Instinct: +5 initiative and survival checks (Uncanny dodge if have two skills active - which they do.  :)  )
Primal Senses: +5 on Listen/Spot and Low light vision ]

Nang's next level will give them; Primal Speed: Gain a +5 bonus on Reflex saves and a +10-ft. bonus to all speeds

When all four of these spells are active at the same time, you gain improved uncanny dodge as a barbarian of equal level.
Selina nods slowly at what she sees, her personal thoughts more or less confirmed.  "So...a darkness spell, indeed.  Possibly illusion magic as well.  I lack the capabilities of dispelling either, my magic is more protective in nature.  Nevertheless...we must proceed.  Ningalu, I share your concerns about the Torque, but we've no way of discerning what will happen once we pass the border of the darkness magic.  The ability to scale walls would certainly be helpful should we Humans falter on the path."
Still holding its sunrod, Crozar adds, "Just like we did for the last tunnel, we should tie everyone together.  I have a few more sunrods to share so we will have light where we can.  Selena, do you want to take the lead?"  The plantman opens it's hipbag and pulls out a coil of rope and holds it out to Selina.
"Who is at greatest risk of falling? The least skilled climber?  I think it is Sellina, oor Croozar"
Selina nods her agreement. She did not indulge any delusions of her own dexterity. Certainly not when she was carrying what felt like the equivalent of a ton of bricks in this armor. She wasn’t complaining, it has saved her life several times over and the weight was evenly distributed. But it was still there.
Crozar nods.  "I am more agile than my frame may indicate, but you are likely correct.  That's why I was thinking that Selina take lead so we have the whole weight of the group to pull her back if needed and one of our stronger people to anchor that end of the line.  I can take the tail for the same reasons."
"So by that logic, I will cast spider climb on BOTH of you.  To prevent Selina from falling, and to allow you to be our anchor."

Ningalu will cast Spider Climb on both Crozar and Selina

[OoC unable to access unseen servant, can DM Marvel please rll my Torque checks]