RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-15-2021, 09:35 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Trying to remind myself about Selina's greatsword, you said it gives her a penalty of...-1 per miss?]]

[[Yes.  It punishes when you fail but rewards you when you finally succeed.  So if you miss you get an accumulative -1 to hit.  But when you finally do hit, you get +2 damage for each time you missed.  There is a maximum penalty to hit but you don't know what, if anything will happen if you achieve the maximum.  Let's just say the sword will be very pissed off! ]]
Ning flies back down and advises everyone of what he saw. "I bet smokes is from that cottage chimney. It didn't look like something out of control."
Betimi looks at the pair of scouts, Kubo and Ning, "Well, do your thing.. and work together for once."
[If Ning could safely cast spells Kubo would be Invisible right now.]
Simon says while examining his detection instruments, "The Torque energy seems a little more stable here.  Not completely stable though."

[OoC: Basically you gain a +2CL bonus.  So with the Protection from Chaos wand (+5) it will give you a total of +7. ]
Ningalu will ask Nang to use the wand.

Torque check [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10
[and this is what I was afraid of]
Ning uses the wand and it seems to function properly...

Suddenly Ning sees a tiny bump sprout on Nang's body/arm.  It swells and out pops a chipmunk.  It scurries along Nang's body/arm and then dives into the long grass and disappears.

"Well, I guess we found one way that this place remains populated," Simon says.  

Then another blemish appears.  Within seconds it swells up and a tiny golden bird pops out of Nang.  It flutters its wings and takes flight.

Simon watches as the bird flies away.  "I wonder how long he will sprout tiny creatures?"
Nang speaks through Ning.  "I suspect for the duration of the wand. This is going to be a long few minutes."

Ning asks his brother mentally if it hurts.
(01-16-2021, 02:26 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Nang speaks through Ning.  "I suspect for the duration of the wand. This is going to be a long few minutes."

Ning asks his brother mentally if it hurts.

~Itches a little,~ Nang replies mentally.  ~Why always me?~  Then suddenly a mouse pops out of his flesh. Jumps on Ning's snout and then scurries away.  [It doesn't leave a hole or cause any damage]
"How long does the invisibility last. I would suggest using the invisibility spell if it longer, but wait to scout, until you stop spouting.. small critters.  I wonder if the size of the animal is related to the size of the spellcaster?  Imagine if a giant foiled a spell?"