RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]The sorcerous spearman, who's been quiet so far (in a feeble attempt to keep the foul taste of stench out of his mouth) speaks up,
"He contributes to our success as a warrior and and not as a janitor," he says, accentuating the pronoun in an informative manner, by no means in an attempt to be lecturing or unpolite. "Nacesh is the name, by the way."

Forge is puzzled by the terms the frogman, Agloval, used.  Sheen? Machine? Perhaps Agloval hadn't heard that the warforged were granted their freedom and recognition as sentient beings. "Thank you, Nacesh.  Cleaning was my first duty. I still know how.  Weapons work better when they are well maintained."  He looks down at his crusty and worn body and the rest of the bloodied group.  He was in need of maintenance and the others looked so as well.  "Commander Selina, I am in need of repairs."
Gilley tears his eyes off Piper to look at Forge and give a small smile. "Perhaps we can find some fresh air and rest soon. I will be glad to get out caves and see the sky again."
(05-03-2017, 03:26 AM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]The sorcerous spearman, who's been quiet so far (in a feeble attempt to keep the foul taste of stench out of his mouth) speaks up,
"He contributes to our success as a warrior and and not as a janitor," he says, accentuating the pronoun in an informative manner, by no means in an attempt to be lecturing or unpolite. "Nacesh is the name, by the way."

Forge is puzzled by the terms the frogman, Agloval, used.  Sheen? Machine? Perhaps Agloval hadn't heard that the warforged were granted their freedom and recognition as sentient beings. "Thank you, Nacesh.  Cleaning was my first duty. I still know how.  Weapons work better when they are well maintained."  He looks down at his crusty and worn body and the rest of the bloodied group.  He was in need of maintenance and the others looked so as well.  "Commander Selina, I am in need of repairs."

The frog-man listens to Nacesh and is about to reply when Forge thanks Nacesh.  Agloval's eyes widen slightly and when Forge finishes speaking he says in astonishment, "Its voice is almost lifelike and it seems intelligent too!  I have never heard of any sheen that was programmed so well!  Your sheen here will cause quite a stir in the scientific community.  There's been debate of sheens beginning to develop the spark of intelligence but nothing like your sheen.  In fact, if you wanted to sell your sheen, I'm sure you could get a fine penny from his purchase!" 

When Betimi agrees that the group is willing to sell Unreth's corpse and Gilley expresses his want to get out of the sewer, Agloval nods and says, "Well we could go top-side right now but these sewers would be much easier to negotiate than the streets above.  And since I am no tour guide, I will take you to the Scientists quarter via the sewers."

Agloval turns to leave and gives your group a wave to come along.  He moves along through the tunnels and every once in a while he scoops up some water and pours it onto his skin.  "You know I didn't always work in the sewers.  I hope one day I will get a new job at the harbor so I don't have to keep using this muddy water to keep my flesh wet while I'm working."

The frog-man weaves you through the tunnels for about 20 minutes until he stops at a rusty ladder and says, "Well we're here.  I don't know how you're going to get that thing up there but I wish you luck."  Agloval then climbs the later and cracks open the Sewer cover.  A dull light shines down onto your faces from above.

[OoC: Unreth will fit through the hole but you will need to squeeze him through. ]
(05-03-2017, 03:26 AM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]

"Yesss indeed.  He is an ally, not a cleaning serviccce."  Selina turns to Forge as he mentions the health status of the group and looks at the ground.  "I wish I knew how to repair you, Forge, or had the toolsss for it.  I realize that we are all quite damaged from a very long, grueling, exhausting day that has not sseemed to end."  Selina herself was so tired that she completely misses her ancestry again rearing its ugly head.  She was at her lowest ebb in terms of healing power and the wand she had been using technically wasn't hers.  It belonged to Powwaw and his tribe.  In fact, she holds it out to him to return it.

Selina realizes that she is probably handicapping the group diplomacy-wise by not engaging the frog-creature, but right now she is fed up with interacting with ugly creatures.  She is also quite fatigued and looking to get a good hot bath and warm bed for a night.
At Agloval's comment about Forge's worth, Gilley pats the war-forged on the shoulder in a good-natured manner. "Our friend is not for sale." Gilley follows the frogman through the sewers, wishing that the route to open air were shorter, but doing his best to keep his disgust to himself. Arriving at the ladder, he looks up at the hole in the sewer ceiling, then back at the corpse of Unreth dubiously. "Just how set are we on taking this thing with us?"
Nacesh remembers the last of his scrolls... borrowed... from the school library and reaches for it then shakes his head. It would affect humanoids only, not a lifeless vermin, even if it is part humanoid.
So he pokes the carcass with the butt of his spear.
"Looks fairly elastic, what do you think?" he asks, looking at Betimi.
Tomeal says, "We will need some rope.  Does anyone have any?  I know we had some because we used them to help us across the underground river."

Agloval replies, "I have some rope I can lend you.  But I have thought of another problem.  Dragging a dead body through the streets is going to attract unwanted attention.  We aren't far from our destination.  It's a particularly popular pub in the Scientific Quarter called, The Dying Child.  It's run by a friend of mine whose name is Silchristcheck.  You can relax there while I fetch the scientist to come speak with you."  He then drops a coil of silk rope down the ladder to you.

The dog looks up at the manhole and tilts his head while making a noise that sounds like a mixture between a whimper and a growl.  Tomeal then adds, "And we must not forget the dog."  

Jonath says, "I hate to repeat myself because it makes me sound greedy but, we should search Unreth before we sell his remains.  With my darkvision I have noticed that he does have a few things of interest on his body.  Like, there's a bag that he was probably using as a pouch and some rings on his fingers."
Forge will assist with the search of the body.  It was like patting down a prisoner, except this one was dead and much easier to search. With help from Jonath and the kobolds he searches and collects the items from Unreth.  He offers to carry the bag, then begins the process of tightly binding the spider's legs to it's body and making it as compact as possible.  He can't help but remember a time he was on guard duty and he watched a spider do the same thing to it's prey once.

"I will carry the dog, if someone else takes the torch.  After I climb I can pull the spider up with a rope."  (sack over shoulder, dog in one arm, three points of contact on the ladder Smile )

OoC - I suggest the people without darkvision climb up first (Tomeal, Gilley, Selina? and Forge), assist with pulling up the body, then the rest climb up after.  In case some thing happens, like we drop Unreth.
(05-03-2017, 04:45 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Tomeal says, "We will need some rope.  Does anyone have any?  I know we had some because we used them to help us across the underground river."

Agloval replies, "I have some rope I can lend you.  But I have thought of another problem.  Dragging a dead body through the streets is going to attract unwanted attention.  We aren't far from our destination.  It's a particularly popular pub in the Scientific Quarter called, The Dying Child.  It's run by a friend of mine whose name is Silchristcheck.  You can relax there while I fetch the scientist to come speak with you."  He then drops a coil of silk rope down the ladder to you.

The dog looks up at the manhole and tilts his head while making a noise that sounds like a mixture between a whimper and a growl.  Tomeal then adds, "And we must not forget the dog."  

Jonath says, "I hate to repeat myself because it makes me sound greedy but, we should search Unreth before we sell his remains.  With my darkvision I have noticed that he does have a few things of interest on his body.  Like, there's a bag that he was probably using as a pouch and some rings on his fingers."

[OoC I thought Eek and Meek searched for us while we were moving. but yes lert us search ]

Betimi nods at Nacesh.
"With my rope and that silk rope that Afloval has lent we should be able to squeeze the body through, before we do that lert us see what he has in his possession. If something were to fall and break we might be rather upset."

With that she begins rummaging through the corpse thoroughly, completely unafraid to reach into the various crevices in Unreth chitinous body.

"He really could make a great suit of armour, i wonder if the scientists could help with that."
[OoC: Eek and Meek were trying to search his body but they didn't get very far because he was partially submerged and then turned into a surf board.  Poor guy, he's been used as a raft, dragged around a sewer, been considered as both a meal and a suit of armor and his corpse is going to be sold to a Scientist who plans to alien autopsy him! (Oh the humanity!) ]

Assuming someone casts detect magic...  If no one has any Detect Magic spells, Piper will cast one.  Piper will also refuse to take back the wands.  You saved his people.  It's the least he could give you.

Coins:
1700 gp
Gems
Azurite (14 gp)
Black Opal (1000 gp)
Bloodstone (40 gp)
Eye Agate (12 gp)
Malachite (8 gp)
Obsidian (4 gp)
Obsidian (8 gp)
Total value = 1086 gp
Magic Items

Ring of Swimming (1250gp's)
Ring of Protection +1 (1000 gp's)
Headband of Conscious Effort (1000 gp's)
Bag of Holding Type I (1250 gp's)
Total value = 4500 gp