RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for being missing. I haven't been feeling well, and have been in negative energy levels. Hopefully, I'll feel better by the weekend.
(04-06-2017, 04:32 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being missing. I haven't been feeling well, and have been in negative energy levels. Hopefully, I'll feel better by the weekend.

[OoC:  That's fine.  I hope you feel better soon!!!  Undecided  

Because my work is having a Ministry Audit on April 10th, work has been going crazy with the, 'What needs to be done,' memos.  When I got home this morning I was so happy to have a couple days off but then I received a group text stating that all Policies and Training has to be done by noon on friday.   Dodgy  I have my training done but I still have a few policies to read.  Hopefully I'll have it all done so I can post sometime Thursday. ]
[Round Continued...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog  

Selina tells Forge to withdraw and while doing the same she tells everyone to attack Unreth!!

Betimi throws a shard at the Kobold threatening Tomeal.  Unfortunately it completely misses and also misses the Kobold standing beside the original target.  [Your Shard's ricochet ability only targets two adjacent creatures.  Unreth is 10' above them, on the ceiling and therefore not adjacent to the Kobolds. ]  Betimi moves away from the Kobold threatening her and is stabbed through the the shoulder! [16=Hit!; 3 damage!]  She cries out in pain but manages to slip away and move* [see FYI below] past Gilley to stop [E20] in front of two Kobolds who are standing between her and the glowing wall.  She realizes that this wall looks exactly like one of the Planar Breeches she's read about in ancient libraries.  The smell drifting from the rift wasn't pleasent but Betimi believes that this breech likely extends to somewhere relatively safe.  Because if on the other side of the breech were fire, acid or some other peril it would bleed through the wall into this world like the water from this world was pouring into the realm beyond.  There was that stench though that literally smelt like a sewer...

[FYI]
FYI: I'm letting it go this time but please remember diagonal movement on rough terrain costs 15' of movement, not 10' the first diagonal movement and 20' the second diagonal movement.  

Quote:Difficult terrain hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain counts as 2 squares of movement. (Each diagonal move into a difficult terrain square counts as 3 squares.) You can’t run or charge across difficult terrain.

With Tomeal being electrocuted before their very eyes, the two friendly Kobolds are rapidly losing their nerve.  So they take a shot at Unreth, which both manage to penetrate Unreth shield but not his armor [Both rolled 20 (with +2 Morale bonus)], and then scurry away to where Nacesh is standing. [B19; C18]

Forge withdraws to avoid AoO and to help move Tomeal. [E16]

Gilley is blocked by Beimi's move so instead he moves five feet south and then with one wicked slash he decapitates the Kobold [E21] sending his head spiraling through the air until it lands with a splash at another Kobold's feet.  The kobold looks down at the head with the same look of shock that was frozen on his beheaded brethren's face.  He blinks a couple of times as his mind catches up to what just happened and then screams in horror!  [Betimi went before you in initiative so I assumed you would move to D20 instead.]

The dog jumps at one of the Kobolds [F18] and locks his teeth on his throat.  The dog drags him to the ground screaming and then his screams stop. [Hit!; Damage 5!]

[OoC: It's now Jonath, Nacesh and Tomeal's [makes squirting blood noise] Turns. ]

[OoC: I will try to update the map tomorrow but right now I need to get some sleep for work tonight.  Confused   

As a reminder, the Kobolds at F18 and either D21 or E21 [Gilley's choice] are dead.  Betimi moved to E20.  Gilley [Unless he changes his action] moved to D20.  Selina Moved to D16.  The friendly Kobolds moved to B19 and C18.  Forge might move too but have to wait on his decision. ]

Quote:Reminder...

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
(04-07-2017, 08:23 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Last round Selina tried to attack Unreth but he was out of reach.  I asked for Selina to give me a new action.  Then Unreth electrocuted Tomeal and Selina withdrew to move out of Unreth's reach.  So I'm still waiting on Selina's action before Tomeal was electrocuted... ]
((Selina releases a x-bow bolt...TWANG!  This is *with* the morale bonus included))
Attack: [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17, Damage: [1d8+2] = 6+2 = 8
Forge will withdraw (40' move speed) to a position where he can grab Tomeal by the belt and carry him with his free hand.
((Catching up... I will pick the Kobold at E21 to decapitate!))
[OoC: I've update the previous post to state, Forge moved to [E16] so he can grab Tomeal.  Also updated which Kobold Gilley decapitated.  Selina's attack for last round was updated as well. 

I will start working on the current post now. ]
[Round 6...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog 

Jonath knew Selina and Forge needed help.  Unreth would simply move within reach of the two and attack [and get an AoO] whomever tried to pull Tomeal out of danger.  So he moves 5' [D18] away from the two threatening Kobolds [Miss; Miss] then turns his attention toward Unreth.  Jonath reaches into the Astral Plane with his mind and draws out a glob of ectoplasm that instantly shapes itself into what appears vaguely to be a small, flying, clockwork eagle.  It blocks Unreth path and goes full defensive to attempt to keep Unreth from moving within reach of his companions.  "Hurry!" Jonath yells.  "Get Tomeal out of there!  The Bird won't last long!"

Tomeal stabilizes but is still unconscious.

Nacesh fires at Unreth but it defects off his Armor Spell.

Unreth's Kobolds attack.  Two stab at Betimi. [Miss!; HIT!  DAMAGE 4!] and one manages to stick her with his spear.  [Please remember to update your Signature.  I think you missed the attack from last round too.]  A third Kobold stabs at the dog but completely misses and then a fourth Kobold move NW to attack the dog and misses him.  The Kobold's hiding under Unreth all fire sling stones but every attack missed. 

Unreth growls at the clockwork bird blocking his path.  He lashes out with his tail [HIT! Damage: 6  Confused]  [The bird is a construct so no need to roll for Critical or poison.] Then with his claws! [Hit! Damage 4; Hit! Damage: 5]  Both slash into the construct which finally rips it to pieces.  But the construct held Unreth off just enough to keep him from advancing forward.

Piper was terrified of Unreth and had hoped that singing and hiding would be enough.  But as Unreth slowly wore down the party's resources, he knew he must do something more. So Piper's music suddenly stops. (but the effects linger) He then clicks his heels together [Free Action] and runs at incredible speed towards the fight.  Suddenly appearing on top of one of the boulders, Piper yells in a strangely quickened voice, "MOVE IT!!"  Then with a wave of his talon and a yelp of magic, everyone (except Tomeal and the Dog) sees the world around them slow down...

You are all Hasted!!

Reminder... Wrote:
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

With both Haste and Inspire Courage you gain +3 attack; +2 damage; +1 AC and Reflex saves; +2 bonus on saves vs Charm and Fear.  If you make a Full attack you gain an additional attack.  Speed increases by 30' up to twice your normal speed. 
[OoC: It's now Selina, Betimi, Forge, Gilley and Dog's turns.]
[OoC Signature updated, I just haven't been online much to update.. 3 damage from stab to shouklder and now 4 more from the lucky little bastard that just stabbed me :}]
Frustration and pain evident on her scabrous face, Betimi snarls, and focusses on clearing the way for her allies.

She swings wildly at the kobold between her and the shimmering wall [kobold E21], an att ack that the small, nimble creature easily dodges.
[attack: light mace [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7]

Then with the lightning quick magical reflexes imparted by the Haste spell, she allows the moment of her wild swing to spin her around full circle, without losing any momentum.

Her mace collides with the poor creatures head with tremendous force.

[attack: light mace [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16]
[Damage: light Mace [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7]

She turns and simply glares at the kobold remaining beside her. [F20]