RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Round 3 continued...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog  

Betimi attempts to reposition herself and when she does the Kobolds take their opportunities to attack! [Miss!; Miss!; Miss!; Miss!] But they all must have been daydreaming because they all completely missed.  [I rolled an 11; 6; 6; 6!  Rolleyes ]  She then hurls another crystal at the Kobold standing beside her but she misses too!  [Betimi's having as much luck as they're having.]

The friendly Kobolds are crapping themselves and seriously thinking that perhaps they should not have switched sides.  But with Piper's music helping them to resist the abject terror they continue to attack.  They both fire off a bullet at Unreth [Miss!; Miss!] but both miss.  Again... 

Forge then moves to attack.  As he swings his torch at the beast the blow deflects off a shield that briefly appears to intercept the attack.  

Gilley retrieves an arrow and fires another shot but this time it was a clean miss! 

The dog begins barking loudly and seconds later the caveren begins to shake again!  This time much more violently than before.  Rocks from the size of tiny pebbles to the size of a man's head begin showering down all around you.  To the east, where Betimi was just standing a few moments ago, a giant boulder crashes down on top of the scattering Kobolds.  Their screams drowned out by the roar of falling debris.  Suddenly, strange glowing cracks begin to appear in the air.  It is like an invisible pane of glass was slowly shattering before your eyes.  As it does, it passes through one of the stone walls, slicing it off from the stone around it.  The chunk of rock teeters then falls into the light and vanishes into the unknown.  In seconds the shards of reality completely fall away leaving behind a blinding plane of brilliant light with cracks of frozen lightning emanating from it's edges. 

The dog runs to Gilley (He's the closest) then continues to bark at the wall!!

[OoC: Everyone must make reflex save DC12 and at the same time roll a 1d6 for damage.  If you make your save you take half damage from falling rocks.]

[It's now Jonath, Tomeal's and Nacesh's turns.]
[OoC: For the players who might not be aware, the opening at A16, A17 and A18, was cut off during the first cave in.

And I forgot to move Selina. I will update when I have time.]

AND THIS IS MY 1000th POST!!   Cool
[Reflex Save [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 + Rock Damage [1d6] = 1]

Betimi nimbly dodges the falling debris, having the advantage of clear vision in the dark, as well as a bit of luck. Nevertheless she still jars her shoulder against the wall

[Half of 1 damage is still 1 damage in D&D3.5]
[url=[1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 Reflex]Reflex Save[/url] Forge reacts like an immobile rock to the tremors and falling stone.
[url=[1d6] = 4]Damage[/url]  (-2) Because Forge has the best of luck when it comes to rocks. Dodgy
Ref: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17, damage: [1d6] = 2

Filled with battle glory, Selina is able to dodge most of the collapse, taking only a small cut to her cheek. It only serves to make her look even more like an avatar of some goddess of battle.
OOC1 - Nacesh read Grease from a scroll so no pork rind Wink
OOC2 - Wha? Selina has Fast Healing 10? Cool!

Nacesh stumbles backward as rocks fall all over him but the gods favour his charming face!
reflex [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 damage [1d6] = 1

He moves a bit further away from the huge beast and prepares to let loose another freezing ray, hitting its mark even in the chaos of melee!
Move - 10ft south to A19
Ranged touch +1 PBS +2 Inspire courage [1d20+7] = 17+7 = 24 Ray of frost incl +1 damage for draconic bloodline [1d3+1] = 3+1 = 4
hope 24 is sufficient for a ranged touch, even if Nacesh fires into melee (-4 attack) and Unreth has cover (+4 ac) but I don't think the latter would be true.
(03-20-2017, 02:34 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC2 - Wha? Selina has Fast Healing 10? Cool!

((OOC - I know, right?  I was wondering about that.  Only thing I can think of is our wonderful kobold bard friend prepared a casting of a cure spell for when Selina entered melee.))
(03-20-2017, 02:34 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC2 - Wha? Selina has Fast Healing 10? Cool!

Question:  What crazy DM would give a 2nd level character Fast Heal 10?   Big Grin
Answer:  He wouldn't.   Tongue

That's why I was asking for Spellcraft checks.  I didn't want Selina thinking she has super healing.  That kind of thinking could get her killed!  Confused
[Beginning Round 4...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog  

Jonath stares in astonishment as it seems like reality shatters and falls away to reveal a blinding blue wall of energy.  "What is it?" he yells to his companions while moving around the kobolds that block his way.  They had already taken their AoO out on Betimi so moving around them was easy, if not slightly hampered by the difficult terrain.  [Moves NW then SW to E19]  He then swings his staff and strikes the Kobold[E19] across the jaw, shattering some teeth. [Hit! Damage 4]  The kobold teeters a bit but is still standing. [Status= Disabled]

Tomeal drops his bow, then while he runs at Unreth he pulls out his Great Sword.  Unreth spent his AoO on Betimi so the creature couldn't stop the charging warrior.  "BACK BEAST!  YOU SHALL NOT PASSSSSS!"  Angry Tongue  Tomeal raises his sword and buries it deep into the creatures chest.  [CRITICAL!;  CONFIRMED! DAMAGE= 26!]   Unreth roars in agony but does not go down.  [It would be nice if Unreth's Blur spell would block an attack once in a while.  Dodgy ]

Nacesh then moves and fires a Frosty Ray at the creature.  Despite the care he takes to avoid his friends and the blur around its huge body, Nacesh manages to strike the Beast with a frosty blast! [4 damage] [You stated you wanted to move to A19 but there's a rock in the way so I moved you to C19 because the Dog is sitting in B19]

With the stones raining down upon their heads the Kobolds begin to lose their heart for battle and begin to panic!  Unreth roars at them to keep fighting and for the moment is able to keep the kobolds focused enough so it doesn't turn into a rout.  While most move slowly over the difficult terrain [Double Move Actions] only two are able to continue to attack.  The first stabs at Betimi [Hit! Damage: 0 increased to 1pt] and barely scratches her.  Then the second then stabs into Jonath's thigh [Hit!  Damage: 3! ] and he cries out in pain.

Unreth hisses and then crawls up the wall of the passage so he is once again hanging from the ceiling.  [Forge, Selina and Tomeal get AoO]  Once the beast has moved out of reach it casts another spell!

Tomeal takes his AoO but misses.    

Now that Unreth has moved, you can see more Kobolds at the other end of the tunnel  fire stones at the three of you! [They were delaying]
[Miss Selina!; Miss Tomeal!; Miss Forge!; Miss Tomeal!; Miss Selina!; Miss Selina! Miss Tomeal!]  But all the bullets either miss or plink harmlessly off your armor.

While Piper continues to play his uplifting music he yells in Kobold, "Come my brethren!  Resist Unreth's lure!  Join Piper and his friends who fight to return our homes to us!!!"

At this point everyone hears a strange noise add to the rumbling.  You think the noise is similar to rushing water and it sounds like it's getting closer!!

[FYI: On each Kobold square there are dots or lines.  They mean the following...
  • A small black dot on their red square means minor damage
  • A black "/" on their red square means they are at half damage
  • A black "X" on their red square means they are disabled [At 0 hit points]
  • Just a small red dot means they are unconscious
  • A large Black square dot on their red square means they are dead]

Quote:Reminder...

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

[It's now Selina, Betimi, Forge, Gilley and the Dog's turns!]