RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-15-2017, 04:05 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]Gilley smirks to himself at the monster's declaration of hatred toward him, then stifles a laugh as Unreth falls from the ceiling. With a quick, concerned glance back at Betimi and Jonath's situation, he returns his gaze to the monster and pulls another arrow, aiming for Unreth's left side, farthest from him and also away from his comrades engaging him in melee.

Longbow Attack [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6 +2 = 8

Just a reminder, when Unreth was on the ceiling people could shoot over people's heads.  But now he's on the ground, you will take a -4 penalty for each person in your line of fire.  From Gilley's current position I was able find a line where she only shoots through the Kobold's square and targets the bottom right square of the 4 squares Unreth Occupies.  This is important because you will receive a -4 to hit instead of -8 for firing into Melee because Forge is beside him!  As I explained a long time ago, before you were playing, you can avoid the firing into melee penalties if you can target a square that is at least 10' away from someone fighting in melee.  So if Gilley shoots at Unreth's bottom right square, there is 10' distance between Forge and that square.  If Forge makes a 5' step to the east, there will be less than 10' distance and you will be firing into melee.  That's why Precise Shot is important because it eliminates this penalty.

I hope this all makes sense.  If not, just ask me a question and I will clarify.
The torch fire ripples in the air as Forge winds up for another attack, a backhand with a clenched fist, (slam) the dancing flame casting moving shadows on Unreth's face.  "You will not hurt kobolds!"

[url=[1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17]Slam[/url]
[url=[1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8]Damage[/url]
Selina calls to Gilley "Nevermind the creature...for now.  Focusss on protecting our friends."  She means the friendly kobolds, Betimi and Jonath, and the pup that she quickly gives a comforting scratch behind the ears.  It was also to center herself a bit, because the blood is now singing in her ears.  Cold prickles along one side of her back and down her arm as she stares down the revolting mess of limbs that rolls about on the ground.  She insults it viciously as she approaches "I've been waiting for this moment, you disgusting retch.  You have been avoiding it through sheer cowardice by staying on the walls like the little nothing that you are.  Now that you are on the ground, I will take the utmost pleasure in beating your beady little eyes in.  One.  At.  A.  Time."  She slides her shield into one hand, morningstar into the other and screams in fury as she lashes out at Unreth with the latter.

((Moves to D15, if possible, and attacks in melee))
Attack: [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22, Damage: [1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8

"Now face your Death with dignity, you faceless coward!"
[Resolving Forge's AoO]

When Unreth is getting up from his tumble Forge sees his opening and kicks for the beast but completely misses.  

[Later in the same round]

Selina moves toward Unreth growling insults.  As she draws close, Unreth lashes out his scorpion tail [AoO; moving through a threaten area] at the priestess and impales her through her thigh! [Rolled 25; Damage 10!  Confused ]  But remarkably despite feeling his burning poison starting to pump through her veins, all the damage seems to heal immediately! [Still make a DC14 Fort Save]  With the surprise still on Unreth's hideous face, Selina swings her morning star at him.  The weapon easily breaks through the protection of his Shield spell, but then she feels his armor spell resist her blow.  Then suddenly Selina is filled with a surge of morale and her morningstar breaks the Armor spell TOO!  Unreth is roaring with fury, "How is this possible!"

[OoC: I will continue when Betimi posts.]
Fort: [1d20+7] = 20+7 = 27

Righteous rage fills Selina's frame, causing the deadly poison to burn off almost before it even has a chance to start affecting her. Amber, slitted eyes return the creature's gaze with a fury.

"Your time has come."
(03-15-2017, 06:32 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Fort: [1d20+7] = 20+7 = 27

Righteous rage fills Selina's frame, causing the deadly poison to burn off almost before it even has a chance to start affecting her.  Amber, slitted eyes return the creature's gaze with a fury.

"Your time has come."

[OoC: What's funny is that morale bonus you got was +1 which was enough to hit Unreth's AC exactly.  That's why I described it the way I did.   Smile  

But allow me to offer everyone a bit of helpful advise, if you have spellcraft it's always good to use it when something weird happens.  ]
(03-15-2017, 03:59 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]The torch fire ripples in the air as Forge winds up for another attack, a backhand with a clenched fist, (slam) the dancing flame casting moving shadows on Unreth's face.  "You will not hurt kobolds!"

[url=[1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17]Slam[/url]
[url=[1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8]Damage[/url]
Ooc - this was Forge's action after the Friendly Kobolds in the initiative order.  Did I miss a spell somewhere?  I knew I didn't roll one for Nacesh's spell, but that was because it was happening behind Forge.

[url=[1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10 spellcraft]Spellcraft[/url]
[Forge's action is coming up after Betimi and the friendly kobolds. I wanted to give her a chance to post before moving on to your attack. The action I described was your AoO when Unreth got up. I know you rolled the attack but I don't think I had a chance to resolve the action until this post.

For various reasons you sometimes don't see a spell being cast or supernatural ability or effect being activated and have to wait until you see its effects. Seeing Selina being unharmed by his stinger would be a good time to roll a spellcraft check.]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
((Sort of split between a bunch of different things right now. Sorry))

Spellcraft: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

((Yeah, didn't expect much out of it anyway.))
[OoC  wow go offline for 48 hours cuz I was sick and the whole world posts in the meantime. LOL]

Betimi's eyes widen as she realizes how vulnerable her and Jonath are to this swarm, being unable to sidestep easily in this difficult terrain she decides to take a step towards Tomreal anyway. [Provoking.. count em.. 4 attacks of opportunity.. moving to F18]

She then whips out a throwing crystal and whips it at the kobold next to her (F19) [not provoking an AoO unless he has Combat Reflexes, because he will have already attempted an AoO].

[Attack: Thrown Crystal [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10]

In her rush the shot goes completely wide.She yells at Jonath.

"Disengage fool! Back towards me before you are swarmed!"