RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nacesh maneuvers his spear tip under the lid, which you notice has a couple of metal loops screwed into its top, and with a little bit of effort he manages to crack the seal.  The instant he does there's a hiss as a terrible stench fills the area accompanied by a swarm of small flies.  Mil scurries up the side of the box and begins trying to search the crack to feast upon whatever insects he can get his little mouth around.  While covering your nose, you [I assume] try to limit your contact with the lid by quickly tearing the it off the box.  Peeking inside, you find foods that you suspect are favored by kobolds, like various meats, eggs, egg shells, some root vegetables, etc but all are pretty much rotten.

"Ssome foodss for my people," you hear from behind you from the Kobold you helped.  "Rotten now..."
(09-26-2016, 08:27 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"More akin to a boat than a raft, leave the sides and bottom intact. Just remove the top. Trying to make a bridge without already being across would be impossible."

"As our magistrate said, we fulfil impossible requests immediately." Nacesh replies while exerting force on the lid. "Fulfilling miracles imposes a slight delay."

When the sickly sweet vapors disperse and Nacesh dares breathing again, he bows gracefully towards Betimi.

"Your boat, milady. If you don't mind cleaning and climbing into one of these, that is."
Tomeal looks at the ladies, waiting for their reply...
Selina sighs...then thinks better of it and holds her breath, covering her nose. "We are sorry to see your, erm...tribe in such a state. We are already pledged to destroy Unreth, but seeing this would have driven me to do so in any case." She looks around to try to find a way to remove the rotten food so they can use the cases.
Betimi looks in the crate, absolutely no sign of distaste in her expression, one could well imagine that she finds teh rotten food no different than a bouquet of flowers. Just another odour.

"Sorry your food is no longer edible. When we dump it out perhaps we will find that not all has spoiled past reclamation. Or perhaps you could use it to feed some livestock, fire beetles would eat this, perhaps some of those surface animals like pigs?"
Neat thinking, Nacesh thinks of Betimi's wits on how kobold herdsmen should work but adds no words to the conversation, only a nod at Selina's words and his grip tightening on the shaft of his spear, right in the peripheral view of the kobold to send a reassuring message to his (?) subconscious.
Gilley frowns at the water. Deeper than he expected. Shaking his bow off, he turns back to the others, only to find them dumping rotten food out of the boxes, thinking to use them as... rafts? He watches them, bemused. Heck, he's never been good at building things. Who knows? Maybe it will work.
"Ah, this will be helpful!" Jonath says at the discovery of the seemingly waterproof boxes. "And will likely be the perfect accompaniment to my plan. I fear if we attempted to use the boxes alone, even fashioned into a raft or boat, their seaworthiness would serve only to get us washed downstream without aid. However, if I can get across and attach a rope, it can be used as a guideline while the boxes can be used as floats to get the rest of you across while keeping out of the water. Quickly, let us get the rest of these emptied," he says, rushing over to help pry the lid off of the next box and dump its content unceremoniously on the floor.
"You mirror my thoughts exactly, sir Jonath. With a rope strung across we can stabilize ourselves as we cross to keep from capsizing, and some rotten food versus being eaten by whatever lurks in the water is no choice at all."

"Never mind that much of this foodstuff is still quite edible, better than was often provided by..."  She stops, suddenly realizing that her companions had entirely different circumstances and expectations due to their surface dweller pasts.
Nacesh makes a mental note to listen to Betimi's spills; he finds it intriguing to put the puzzle pieces together but remains silent. He wouldn't blatantly step into her intimate aura by prying for more; not even scratching the surface to reveal any more than she voluntarily said.

Turning to Jonath, he asks,
"How exactly do you plan to pass with the rope but without the crates? Should someone toss you over?"