RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Realizing how badly hurt Jonath is , Betimi decides to take another risk, she moves back diagonally 5' [to E17, move action due to difficult terrain, provioking two AoO] and hurls a shard at the kobold that had been just in front of her [F19], ricocheting the shard to the kobold just past it [F20].

[Attack: Thrown Crystal [1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25]

The crystalline shard slams into the skull of the first kobold
[Damage: Crystal shard [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5]
then it bounces up of the ceiling of the cavern and down onto the kobold behind, defying the normal laws of physics in it's crazy trajectory, It squarely connects with the second kobold's face, then sizzles in a burning vapor as it dissolves.
[Damage: Crystal shard [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 + acid [1d6] = 1== 7 damage]
((Selina takes her AoO))
"Get back down here and face your demise, coward!"

Attack: [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21, Damage: [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11

It has not escaped Selina's attention that many of her comrades are hanging by a thread.  She is trapped in a no-win situation there, as to abandon the attack to minister to them would likely grant Unreth the time it needs to injure her as well as help itself.  Instead, she prays to Selune above for guidance, hoping that she has not chosen poorly as she presses the attack, dropping her mace and shield and drawing her crossbow.  Aiming at the center of the creature's form, she looses another bolt...which nearly strikes her own hand.

Attack: [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, Damage: [1d8+2] = 5+2 = 7

((Taking her turn as it happens in turn order, but this attack will take place after Forge and Tomeal have taken their AoOs))
Hearing the rushing of water, Gilley tips his head slightly, and in the most jovial of tones (because.... morale boost?) says "Well, it looks like this fight is about to be over, one way or another..." Then, he tosses his bow around to the back of his shoulder and, ducking around Nacesh with a polite "Dancing through!" he pulls his longsword, then lunges between Nacesh and Jonath, deftly skewering the kobold just beyond the two men with an enthusiastic (because morale!) "Hai!"

Longsword Attack [1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24
Longsword Damage [1d8+4] = 7+4 = 11
Target: Kobold at D20.
[FYI: I rolled for Tomeal's AoO and he missed.  I added it to the combat post.

I wanted to give you an idea of how much damage the NPC's and Unreth have taken.

Jonath looks very week and may not be able to take another spear attack from the Kobolds.
Tomeal is still kicking and is still above half hit points.
Unreth is in about the same state as Tomeal.

Can everyone make sure your Signatures have your current hit points up to date? ]
When Unreth moves Forge swings his mighty arm and misses completely as ancient rust flies off his body.  [url=[1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6, damage [1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8]AoO[/url]

As the large multi-legged monster scurries away from the reach of their blows, Forge takes note that the creature Unreth is casting another spell. [url=[1d20+3] = 18+3 = 21 spellcraft]Spell craft[/url]

On his turn, Forge will throw the rock he's been carrying at Unreth.[url=[1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22, Rock damage [1d4+5] = 3+5 = 8]Throws rock[/url] (the attack should be 20 not 22, Forgot about the -2 to attacks)
OOC - No idea about my current HP. I guess I was damaged twice by falling rock and that's all? that's 9/2 + 1 = 5hp damage so I have 6/11, will fix in a jiffy
OOC2 - What kind of Armor spell causes a ranged touch attack to be deflected? Or was it fluff to describe the effect of Blur?
spellcraft for Selina's "fast healing" effect [1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13 spellcraft for Unreth deflecting ranged touch [1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13
[OoC: Ummm it's an extra special super duper powered Armor Spell with extra ranged touch deflecting action! Big Grin

Sorry, missed that. I will adjust my post when I get home from work. ]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
[OoC1: Last combat post updated to indicate that Nacesh did hit Unreth with his ray of frost. ]

[OoC2: As for the spellcraft checks, Nacesh failed both his rolls for the "fast healing" and Unreth's spell.  Forge succeeded in figuring out Unreth's spell.  See his action for details.]

As Unreth scurries to the ceiling, both Selina and Forge take their AoO's but the creature's defenses prove too strong causing Selina's weapon to deflect off the Beast's armor and Forge's weapon to miss the creature completely.  Sad

Selina takes a 5' step back and fires her crossbow at Unreth but misses.

Betimi nimbly avoids the Kobold's AoO [AoO! Miss!; AoO! Miss!] and then tosses her crystal at a Kobold.  The crystal ricochets off the first Kobold's head, knocking him off his feet and instantly unconscious.  It then flies into the next Kobold's neck, causing him to colapse to the ground in a heap.  A slight sizzling sound and the smell of acid emanates from his wound. 

Forge hurls a rock at Unreth but the attack missed.  [Thank you for remembering the -2 to attacks.  If it helps any to know, you would have just missed Unreth even if you didn't have the penalty.  Sad  But that would have been nice damage for just a rock! ]  Forge does recognize the spell Unreth cast though and it causes him some worry.  

Unreth casts Shocking Grasp!

Gilley then stows his bow and moves to engage the Kobolds.  Dancing past Nacesh, he jabs and slashes at the kobold nearest the Sorcerer.  In seconds the Kobold is lying on the ground gurgling blood as it's life begins to slip away.  [Kobold is at -8!]

While continuing to bark at the strange glowing wall, the dog follows Gilley over to where he's slicing up the kobold.  Then while hiding behind both Gilley and Jonath it barks at both the Kobold [E20] at the glowing wall.  

Quote: Reminder...

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

[It's now Jonath, Tomeal, and Nacesh's turns...]

At this point the sound of rushing water from the East gets louder.  The kobold's [I20; J20] begin panicking as cold water begins to pour over their feet.  

You all hear Piper scream, "THE RIVER!!!  IT'S COMING!!!"
[OoC - not sure he can do this but talking is a free action.  Included spoiler just in case]

Forge was having no luck with his attacks against his spelled up foe.  He was hoping to knock it unconscious with a blow to the head from his rock but that missed as well despite his best efforts.  His eyes focus on the creature's arcane movements when he realizes what the creature is doing.
"Shocking Grasp!" He yells in his deep mechanical voice, warning the others. ((Nacesh mis-identified the spell with (read at your own risk) the shocker. Equally as terrible. Tongue ))
Forge could feel that his body could not sustain more damage and continue the fight.
Nacesh stores his crossbow and retrieves his trusty shortspear, while addressing Piper in Draconic.

"Lead the tribe and us somewhere high! Is west safe?"

He's prepared to follow Piper since he probably knows this place better, but not a fool to wade into the thick of kobold masses without wielding a melee weapon.
He tries to be friendly and supportive towards the unfriendly kobolds to improve their reactions and will even scoop up an unconscious one to carry if time allows, just to show his support.

Diplomacy [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23
OOC - Diplomacy should take at least 1 minute but rushed diplomacy (a full round action if he can do it in addition to changing weapons) may work, though the -10 penalty would make it a 13, insufficient to improve the situation... actually, even a natural 20 wouldn't have helped in my reading of the rules...