RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-02-2016, 12:46 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ] both trio having at least one member speaking draconic."

[OoC: Have I forgotten someone who can speak Draconic?  I thought only Nacesh could understand the Kobolds.  We did have a barbarian in the group, when we were on Plothook who had Pidgin Draconic.   Huh ]

[OoC2: Remember that Kobolds have Darkvision so unless you find some cover it's like hiding in plain sight.  Also, Giley can't see so if combat happens she will have to come up with a light source or be blind.]

The group breaks into two and sends the stealthier group on to scout ahead.  Spotting some movement to the north, you all decide to cross to the other side of the passage so you have some cover.  But Jonath freezes when he spots a distracted Kobold to the West.  He's looking down at the ground and you assume he's one of the Kobolds who you heard talking but he can't see the other Kobold he was talking too.  You can however hear him speaking.  The Kobold hasn't noticed you yet.

[OoC3:  A couple things about the map. 
1) I didn't block out anything you've seen.
2) Betimi can see everything east of the black line which crosses through the circular track changer thingie.
3) Jonath can see everything in his area.  While peeking around the corner to the west he can see half of the Kobold who is talking to another Kobold who is currently out of sight.
Betimi carefully reaches forward to tap Jonath gently on tghe shoulder that this seems the best possible spot for them rto watch from without being exposed. And gets ready with a shard if needed, then they wait for the 'parlay group' to proceed past them in the tunnel.
OOC - I thought Betimi spoke Draconic? and sure the scout (rear cover) trio should hide to the best of their ability.
OOC2 - so that's three (well, two and a half) kobolds total Jonath can see, denoted by the green squares?)

Nacesh does not try to hide himself or his armorclad companions but tries to keep the rest in the shadows (regardless of darkvision, they don't necessarily need any more exposure). He holds his spear in total defense. If he can get the slightest hints of him (well, any of them) being noticed he'll speak up in Draconic, keeping his voice down, just loud enough to be heard. If they interrupt he will speak as much as they let him to.
"We are friends and I am your cousin in dragon's blood. Friends of Piper and we wish to help you reclaim your home and save your families and your tribe. With your agreement I will translate your words so all my companions understand; or we can all use the common tongue if you prefer."

OOC - I guess either Nacesh or Selina may continue based on the kobolds' reaction. Also, would you like me to roll diplomacy or do you prefer rolling secretly?
[quote pid='16001' dateline='1481206254']
OOC - I thought Betimi spoke Draconic? and sure the scout (rear cover) trio should hide to the best of their ability.

[/quote]

[OoC nope she does not and never claimed to]
Effectively blind, Gilley uses Jonath to guide himself, being somewhat less certain of Betimi's desire to be touched. As they settle into their hiding spot, he watches Nacesh (being the only one he can see).
Selina just goes with the diplomacy group.  When Jonath nearly causes her to knock him over from stopping so suddenly, she almost sighs in exasperation.  Bad enough she sounded like a bag of metal pipes...then Nacesh starts talking and there is no way to prepare anymore.  Well...here went nothing.
(12-08-2016, 02:10 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC1 - so that's three (well, two and a half) kobolds total Jonath can see, denoted by the green squares?)

OOC2 - I guess either Nacesh or Selina may continue based on the kobolds' reaction. Also, would you like me to roll diplomacy or do you prefer rolling secretly?

OoC1: Yes, the Green squares are the Kobolds you can currently see.

OoC2: I think you can roll Diplomacy this time and I will apply modifiers afterward.  Remember my house rule for Diplomacy which basically states, Diplomacy doesn't alter reality.  It doesn't matter how high you roll, you're not going to convince that dragon to give up his treasure nor will the BBEG just surrender his master plan of world domination because you say something flattering about his shoes.  Tongue

With only Jonath and Betimi being able to see the Kobolds ahead of them, the rest of you need to wait until either of them inform you of what they found.  With Betimi's tap, Jonath nods and points toward the corner from where the whispering is coming from but neither of you have any idea what they are saying.  Being totally blind, Nacesh strains to listen for the Kobolds but he isn't able to hear anything except perhaps the sound of the rustling of armor or his companions trying to control their breathing while their hearts pound in anticipation.

[OoC3: Rolled a 10 for Nacesh's listen check but he needed a 19 from his current position to just hear someone whispering.  Nacesh needs to move much closer if he's going to try to understand what they are saying to each other.]
[OOC  but they are really nice shoes... just asyin']
Being totally blind? I had the impression we came in with light sources ablaze and sound greetings from a fair distance so that the kobolds wouldn't be startled into doing something silly (like, hurting us before listening).
Here goes a dipl roll...
Diplomacy [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16
If you approach with light sources you will alert all the kobolds of your location. If you are standing behind the group who are sneaking, they will be silhouetted from behind by your light source.

It's up to you how you want to play this but I thought that was the reason for the sneaky/darkvisiony people moving first.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk