RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC - Nacesh is missing from the turn, supposed to be at 19. If it's still round one, then RoF (miss), otherwise it's ...

Nacesh takes a careful step closer while loads his crossbow and fires into a stalactite.
Light crossbow point blank AC [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8 damage [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5

OOC - moving within 30ft if possible but it means 20ft north and 20ft up so D17 should suffice for PBS. Guess no 5-ft step on difficult terrain and no reload while moving (or does reload count as drawing a weapon so it can be done as part of movement?)
(03-01-2017, 01:38 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Nacesh is missing from the turn, supposed to be at 19. If it's still round one, then RoF (miss), otherwise it's ...

Nacesh takes a careful step closer while loads his crossbow and fires into a stalactite.
Light crossbow point blank AC [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8 damage [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5

OOC - moving within 30ft if possible but it means 20ft north and 20ft up so D17 should suffice for PBS. Guess no 5-ft step on difficult terrain and no reload while moving (or does reload count as drawing a weapon so it can be done as part of movement?)

Yes, I did miss you in the Initiative order.  The ray of frost did miss, though.  

Second round actions coming soon...
[ reloading is a move action and I do not believe it counts as drawing a weapon while moving.  Also you can't take a 5' step.

[Round 2]

Jonath moves toward the teetering Kobold and then swings his quarter staff.  On the back swing, he looses his footing but he nimbly avoids falling.

Tomeal moves in front of Nacesh to hopefully shield the sorcerer from attacks.  

Nacesh then fires off a crossbow bolt...  [Most stalactites have been shaken loose by the quakes.  There aren't any on the ceiling where Unreth is clinging.]  Your familiar keeps hidden in the various pockets inside your clothes.

Unreth's kobold's begin to swarm in onto your location.  [Most take double moves to arrive at their locations on the map.  Only one (J18) was able to move 30' to reach Jonath so it may also attack.]
The kobolk (J18) stabs at Jonath but it too slips on some rocks, fumbling its attack  Dodgy

Unreth creeps toward the party.  It's teeth gnashing and chattering as venom drips from it's scorpian-like tail onto the rocks below.  Suddenly, with blinding speed, Unreth's tail lashes out, dodging around Tomeal's shield and punctures his Breast Plate!  [OUCH! 8 Damage] Tomeal cries out!  He can feel the Poison spreading through his veins but the Warrior is able to shake off it's effects, for now. [Poison DC is 14.  Tomeal rolled an 18!  Must reroll in one minute.]

The caverns start shaking more and more violently.  While everyone struggles to stay keep from slipping on loose rocks on the ground, more strange noises begin to break through the rumbling all around you.  Honks, laughter, strange whooshing noises, chattering, crying make up only a small sample of the sound that emanate seemingly from nothing.  Then there was that stench.  The odor of piss and shit assault your nostrils causing you to gag and nearly throw up. 

At this point the strange sounds are suddenly overcome by another sound.  It's a faint but lovely flute like sound.  The music fills your minds with hope and zeal!  [Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.]

[OoC: Everyone must make a DC5 dexterity check on their round.  If you fail, you fall onto your ass from the earthquake.] 

[FYI: Remember Unreth is now 10' in the air.  Unless you have a ranged or reach weapon you will not be able to reach him with Melee weapons.  Also remember to add the bonuses for Inspire Courage.]

[OoC: It's now and the Dog's turns. ]

Initiatives:

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog

[Image: Round2_zpsoe1gmwy1.png]
((On Forge's turn))

Forge will move in front of the Kobold at D14, to block its path and says, "Step away Kobold, we will protect you." After all, Selina did say to protect kobolds. Then he attempts to ignite the support beam directly beneath Unreth at E14.

(I believe a torch does 1 point of fire damage, +2 for moral bonus Smile hehe)
[Dexterity [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9]

Betim decides that preventing her and Jonath from being swarmed is worth a little risk so moves to H18 (provoking attacks of opportunity from Kobolds at G20 and H20 I know). Then whips a crystalline shard at the Kobold closest to her (I19) (which will provoke another AoO, this time from I19) 

[OoC Leraje grants precise shot thankfully so no -4 to attack]

[Attack: Thrown Crystal [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12+2=14 vs I19 and then Ricochet to J19]
[Damage: Crystal shard [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 vs I19]
[Damage: Crystal shard [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 + acid [1d6] = 5== 11 Damage! vs J19]

[OoC hoping 14 hits but doubting it]

She then yells to the companions behind her.

"Here they all come, we are about to be overrun!"
((Okay, where is Big Ugly on the map?))
Unreth is almost in the same spot.  I changed his solid red square to an empty red square outline.  Since Unreth is clinging to the ceiling I needed a way to show the Kobolds who run under him to attack you guys.
Selina watches both hers and Gilley's bolts miss their mark. While she thought she'd seen her own strike the shield magic Ugly was employing, Gilley's arrow should have struck its mark. That's when it occurs to her. "Of course! Illusion! Forge, after you finish what you are doing, defend our friends against the ones attacking us." She knew he would accept that as a directive and hoped he would interpret it correctly. Besides, that meant that the kobolds would either have to stop attacking (unlikely) or else face the wrath of a war machine. For her part, she now realized that Ugly wasn't just Shielded but also magically enhanced in some way as to be able to avoid non-magic missiles as well. She begins to feel the hopeless anger building up when the sounds and smells start encroaching on her thoughts. The world lurches around her...

Dex: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14

At first, she grows slightly nauseated by them, but then the music begins, softly at first, then rising slightly, filling her with hope. She breathes deeply, zeal rekindled, and reloads her crossbow. Aiming dead center, she releases the bolt at Unreth the Revolting...

Attack: [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, Damage: [1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9

And manages to hit the wall of the cave again.
The shaking of the earth does nothing to jar the nimble bowman. He glances sideways as he reaches for another arrow.

"Tomeal! You good?"

Nocking the arrow, he returns his steady focus to their enemy.

Balance [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22

Longbow Attack [1d20+7] = 16+7 = 23

Longbow Damage [1d8+2] = 5+2 = 7
Ooc- Sorry forgot to add  Dex check.  Also, If Unreth is 10' away from us am I correct in assuming we provoke attacks of opportunity by moving within that 10' range?
[url=[1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6]Dex[/url] =6