RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC - What effect a Grease would have if Nacesh could cast it to the place where Unreth is clinging to (how many of her legs are no more than 25 feet from Nacesh? otherwise it's moot). Would she fall? If so, then on round three--

Balance [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11
The spearman fishes his pockets and retrieves a scroll.
While unwrapping he yells a warning to the others, "Down she comes,"
and then utters a few unintelligible words. As the parchment becomes liquid and flows around his fingers to the thirsty rubble Nacesh hurls an ectoplasmic blob at the ceiling that spreads like soft butter on a crispy toast.
OOC - Reflex or fall; balance DC 10 for half movement

OOC - If grease doesn't make sense (e.g. she's too far) then it's just the plain old reload and shoot stuff...
Light crossbow point blank inspired (only if grease is not an option) AC [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15 damage [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
Miss chance (miss on 1-20 of 100) [1d100] = 69
(03-03-2017, 09:05 AM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - What effect a Grease would have if Nacesh could cast it to the place where Unreth is clinging to (how many of her legs are no more than 25 feet from Nacesh? otherwise it's moot). Would she fall? If so, then on round three--

and then utters a few unintelligible words. As the parchment becomes liquid and flows around his fingers to the thirsty rubble Nacesh hurls an ectoplasmic blob at the ceiling that spreads like soft butter on a crispy toast.

OOC - If grease doesn't make sense (e.g. she's too far) then it's just the plain old reload and shoot stuff...
Light crossbow point blank inspired (only if grease is not an option) AC [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15 damage [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4

I am going to post a Triangulated distance table.  It allows you to easily figure out how far a target is when it's above or below you.  The table is rounded to the nearest 5'.  So in Unreth's case, the ceiling is 15' vertically from you and 20' horizontally (to target the whole square 10' area he occupies.)  When you check the distances on the table it indicates the real distance is 25' away.  I hope that makes sense.  

So Unreth falls within the range of your Grease spell.  If Unreth fails his reflex save he will fall to the ground.  And be really annoyed.  Tongue
(03-03-2017, 02:31 AM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc- Sorry forgot to add  Dex check.  Also, If Unreth is 10' away from us am I correct in assuming we provoke attacks of opportunity by moving within that 10' range?
[url=[1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6]Dex[/url] =6

If Unreth has a reach of 10' then yes, you will provoke and AoO.
(03-13-2017, 03:55 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 09:05 AM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - What effect a Grease would have if Nacesh could cast it to the place where Unreth is clinging to (how many of her legs are no more than 25 feet from Nacesh? otherwise it's moot). Would she fall? If so, then on round three--

I am going to post a Triangulated distance table.  It allows you to easily figure out how far a target is when it's above or below you.  The table is rounded to the nearest 5'.  So in Unreth's case, the ceiling is 15' vertically from you and 20' horizontally (to target the whole square 10' area he occupies.)  When you check the distances on the table it indicates the real distance is 25' away.  I hope that makes sense.  

So Unreth falls within the range of your Grease spell.  If Unreth fails his reflex save he will fall to the ground.  And be really annoyed.  Tongue

Ooc- if he falls on the torch Forge is holding, would that be 'droppin it like its hot?' Wink
Initiatives:

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog

The musical notes fill your souls with renewed courage.  You figure Piper must be lurking around here somewhere as he's been the only bard you've met since entering these mines.  
Quote:Reminder...
Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Selina fires off a crossbow bolt but it completely misses the huge Spider.  Unreth chuckles at all the attacks either missing or deflecting off his dual defenses.

Betimi takes a 5' step (so G20 & H20 do not get AoO) to the northeast and then attempts to throw her Crystal at the Kobold nearest to her.  He jabs at her with his spear, but she narrowly managed to duck under his attack. [Rolled a 15.  Miss by 1] Unfortunately his attack slightly threw off her aim, causing her to miss him and the secondary target.

The two friendly Kobolds fire off bullets at Unreth.  The first bolt completely misses [Rolled 11] and the second attack breaks through the first barrier but harmlessly bounces off the Mystical armor surrounding the monster. [Rolled 20]

Forge then attempts to ward away the approaching Kobolds.  They brace for an attack when instead of swinging, Forge reaches out with his torch and presses it against a support beam. [1pt of damage! ]  As the beam sizzles a little bit, the kobolds just give each other a puzzled look.  [I don't think inspire courage gives it's bonus to fire damage because it's energy.   Tongue However, if you beat someone with the torch the blunt damage would get the morale bonus. ]  

Tomeal replies to Gilley, "I've been better but I'm not dead yet!"  Gilley then lets loose another arrow at Unreth.  There's two flashes of light as the arrow penatrates both Unreth's shield and his armor spells. [7 damage!] Unreth roars in pain, hissing, "You again!!  I wills swallow yous up before yous have a chance to harm Unreth again!!"

The dog whimpers and cowers behind Selina.

[OoC: I will Update the Map on the Bad Kobold's turn since their movement will change the map the most.]

It's , Tomeal and Nacesh's turns.
Ooc - How long will it take, or how long does Forge think it will take to light the beam on fire? I've read online that could take up to a minute. If so the plan seems rather impractical
[OoC: Since a round is 6 seconds, you could be waiting awhile for the beam to ignite, then burn enough for it to give out. Perhaps Forge could lean the torch against the beam so he can fight while it burns.]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
[OoC: I'm going to assume that Nacesh hasn't responded because he assumes he already has with his last post about the grease spell.]

Round 3

With Jonath surrounded, he was about to step backward but Betimi stepped behind him.  So instead Jonath swings his quarterstaff at a Kobold, which misses badly, then he begins tumbling...

[First check DC15 = 15 Success]
[Second Check DC 17 = 20 Success]

Jonath tumbles past Betimi and lands where she was previously standing. [G19]

Tomeal avoids any AoO by moving SE 5' [to E17] and then fires off another arrow at the creature but Unreth easily avoids his shot. [Rolled a 10]

Nacesh summons a bit of pork rind from his component pouch; then while pointing at the creature and hissing a word of magic a greasy film covers the ceiling under Unreth's legs.  Suddenly with a furious roar he loses his footing and crashes to the ground!  [5damage  Confused]  But when he falls the kobold underneath him makes an "Eeep" sound as Unreth's huge body crushes him beneath his weight.

Kobolds ATTACK!!  

The kobolds swarm in like bees.  Three stab at Betimi with their spears but she dodges and weaves, avoiding all of their attacks! [Miss!Miss!Miss! ]

Three Kobolds attack Jonath from the south.  He dodges two but one sticks him with its spear! Then another swings wide around his flank to stab at him from the east but Jonath manages to barely avoid its attack!  [Hit! (2damage); Miss!Miss!; Miss! ]

Unreth's fall shocks the Kobold's who were charging toward Forge, Tomeal, Gilley, and Nacesh into inaction.  They skid to a halt and just blink at Unreth while he roars while trying to right himself and then back at one other.  

Unreth finally turns himself over [Move action] then lashes out at his closest foe! [Sorry Forge]  He launches his long barbed tail at the Warforged and skewers him threw the side! [13-2DR = 11 Damage! Plus make a DC14 Fort Save!]

Piper's song of courage continues to echo through the caverns...

[OoC: Now it's Selina, Betimi, Forge, Gilley, and the Dog's turns]

Quote:Reminder...

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

[OoC2:  Do you guys/gals prefer when I use the site's attachment system for the maps or would you rather me use Photobucket? ]

Initiatives:

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
16 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog
Ooc - Just a reminder, Forge is immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, sickened, and energy drain... and Unreth's stinger.  Well one of those I made up Tongue  Attachments are fine with me.

Did any of Unreth's movements provoke an AoO, when he fell, when he got up?  Is any of the grease still on him?

Forge looks down at the barbed tail sticking in the side of him with a calm grim determination on his face.  Lacking the fine facial features and controls of other humanoids, showing calm and grim was actually pretty good for a Warforged if not unusual.

[url=[1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14]Fortitude Save[/url]
[OoC: If forge is immune to poison then he doesn't need to make a save throw.]

[OoC2:  Hmmmmm does falling through a threatened square allow an AoO?  I'm not sure...  But standing up would.  So when Unreth stood up, Forge would get an AoO on him. ]

[OoC3: Sorry, there isn't any grease on him.  It's all on the ceiling.  Thinking of barbecuing some spider, where ya?  Nice try though.   Tongue  I suppose I might allow a Grease spell to be cast on a person even though the spell only mentions the ground or a weapon.  Now that I think about it, is a ceiling considered 'ground' for purposes of the spell?   Huh  I will allow it anyways.]

[OoC4: When I first wrote the combat post, I messed up the order and had all the Kobolds attack before the grease spell went off.  In that post, Forge got stabbed by one of the Kobolds.  Thankfully I noticed the mistake and fixed it all up so Unreth blocked the passage before the Kobold got to Forge.]